WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone ever find the link for the cigarette topic? I did find a discussion about it on a FB page. But, I don't think I can link to it. The local seemed to know exactly where she drove... said she went thru the construction to the store, then turned around to go back home and ran out of gas half-way home. I guess it is a few miles.

On another topic... that baby has step-dads name. I wonder if she was with him when she got prego from someone else? Has it been reported if she has had custody of the children all this time? Or if they all were actually living there?

Anyone know anything about the pond they are draining? Or about there being security cameras near that pond? Has step-dad even been filmed in the media since this happened?

Did anyone ever find the link for the cigarette topic? I did find a discussion about it on a FB page. But, I don't think I can link to it. The local seemed to know exactly where she drove... said she went thru the construction to the store, then turned around to go back home and ran out of gas half-way home. I guess it is a few miles.

On another topic... that baby has step-dads name. I wonder if she was with him when she got prego from someone else? Has it been reported if she has had custody of the children all this time? Or if they all were actually living there?

Anyone know anything about the pond they are draining? Or about there being security cameras near that pond? Has step-dad even been filmed in the media since this happened?

I could not find anything either about cig buying from MSM except on FB.
May be this link was posted already but it said all seven were living there.

http://theintermountain.com/page/co...ssing-girl.html?nav=5014#.ToO23HYlz9Q.twitter

snipped;
Posey said there were seven people living in the house at the time of the disappearance. They were Lena Lunsford, her husband, Ralph Keith Lunsford, and five children. Police said Lena Lunsford is pregnant with twins and was away from home at a doctor's appointment on Tuesday as the search for her missing daughter entered its fourth day.

I just want to cry. She is so precious and something awful has happened to her. I hope and pray they will find her today. If only someone would bring her back alive. I know it doesn't look good but I just hope.

My wife is one of the volunteers searching for Aliayah. She keeps going back with the hope that the child is found alive, but everyone feels deep frustration. It's been raining on and off all night, and I hope the weather gets better. Our thoughts and prayers are for Aliayah, her family and searchers.

My wife is one of the volunteers searching for Aliayah. She keeps going back with the hope that the child is found alive, but everyone feels deep frustration. It's been raining on and off all night, and I hope the weather gets better. Our thoughts and prayers are for Aliayah, her family and searchers.

Tell your wife thank you for all of us! I hope its not real cold too. Do you know if they have finished draining the pond?

My prayers are with all the searchers and volunteers. Praying for Aliayah and her family.

I just do not understand why the house was not closed up earlier. With so many parents being involved in their children's abuse and death; wouldn't this be wise. Too many times LE have waited and usually by then whatever evidence is gone or tainted. I know that it is not protocol; but if parents are not guilty, I don't think they would have a problem with this procedure. I'm praying with the FBI involved now that we will have some kind of development.
(snipped)

I think in hindsight this makes perfect sense. However, (and it's frustrating to write this when we all can think of evidence that may have been lost) we at WS see a small fraction of "missing" children cases (MOO). I'm just guessing but I'm sure LE gets lots of calls about a child "missing" that is found either by the time LE arrives or shortly afterwards. LE is involved in so many calls all day about various things that never make the news and never get here on WS - so I'm thinking that they probably thought it was another child playing hide-n-seek or eating cookies at the neighbors or whatever.

This is just my take on it but I wanted to throw that in... :seeya:

:welcome: to WS Westinlund and thank you so much for joining us here. As you can see there are a few hundred people here that genuinely care about Aliayah. Thank your wife so much for those of us who wish we could be there along side her and the other searchers and give her this from WS :grouphug: And thank you Westinlund for the eyes on the ground information, we love, love, love locals!:great:

Welcome Westinlund!!!!!!!! It is wonderful to have another local joining in.
Such a heart wrenching situation that is developing here and there may be
two more victims of this today~~~the twins~~~

I would also like to thank your wife for searching. My thoughts and prayers
are with all involved.

:welcome:

I do not know if it has been posted, but Clarksburg newspaper is another source:
http://www.cpubco.com/articles/2011/09/28/news/01.txt
Weston Democrat someone else mentioned before. It only comes out once a week on Wednesday. And the Charleston Gazette also can be a good source. It seems like the newspaper reporters around here are more experienced and you can usually get more information from the newspapers rather than the TV. The TV reporters always seem very young and inexperienced to me, like it's their first job as a broadcaster.

I don't see any spray pumping from the pond, but they could be on the other side. I don't see anyone walking around it right now either, but the building could be blocking that. I was told that the pond went with the sign company and not HK Casting. They used to manufacture cardboard boxes and that was their waste water. Now it is the sign company and storage facility, mostly for boats. I can't walk down there right now, have to work.

In regards to the Clarksburg newspaper article, Sheriff Gissy stated that 15 divers were active on Sunday. In reality, only one diver was in the water, all others are considered support personnel.

On the Facebook page for the search http://www.facebook.com/find.aliayah several divers from around the state have aired their frustration that they have not been requested by the incident commander. Dive teams need to be requested through the states emergency management center before they can go to the scene.

Just wanted to take a moment to thank our locals and welcome new members. Those of you who are local to the area are such a welcome addition to the thread, being our eyes and ears onscene as it were. Your impressions, knowledge of the community, the geography, all invaluable to those of us who are distant and feeling helpless/useless.

Those of you who have joined Websleuths to follow the search for Aliayah or who have been lurking a while but have been drawn out of anonymity, driven to post by this little girl's plight. Thank you, your thoughts and ideas are so welcome.

They probably had enough divers. The area is not as big as it looks and too many would only get in the way. I was wondering why they had not called the K-9 SAR out of Phillipi, as that is pretty close. But, when I went to the bus stop this morning, I saw a guy with a dog in front of the armory in an orange vest that looks like one of their team. And I did find out from one of the neighbors that the 2 girls that I didn't know and looked much older than I thought kids of that age should look are the older daughters. The neighbor also told me they were questioned and one of the questions was how many kids did they see there, if they noticed their car leaving on Saturday, things like that.

Glad to see some of the national news orgs are picking up the story. Granted its just a recital/recycle of the local affiliate's coverage but at least it is finally beginning to gain national attention. On the off chance that this was a stranger abduction, the more eyes looking for Aliayah everywhere, the better.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/aaliyah-lunsford-missing-west-virginia-saturday/story?id=14625727
bbm
currently she is front and center on fox' US news page!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/index.html

I can't recall the way this works....who is responsible for contacting TES? Law enforcement or the family? I know LE probably has to allow or approve of their searching but TES seems to have much experience and success in the missing persons recovery field. After several days of fruitless searching in areas like this, I am always hoping they will be called in.

if I remember correctly shefner, either one can contact TES and request assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blushybomb