MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! Decided to come out of lurkdom on this one... I am still on the fence, but leaning towards the parents had nothing to do with this.

I have tried over and over to think about what I or my husband would do if this happened to us and I must say, I can't totally blame the parents for clamming up if they feel the police are being intimidating or accusatory. I was reminded of the new show "Take the Money and Run". The competitors all think they can beat the detectives but when they are under the scrutiny and pressure of being questioned they all fold. With little Lisa missing, this is not a game. The pressure in questioning must be extreme and I cannot even fathom how hard that would be while also feeling distraught over your child missing. While we would all like to think that innocent people have nothing to worry about, we also all know the reality - that innocent people go to jail every day.

While police have the best of intentions in most cases, they are also human and their own beliefs and opinions WILL manifest in their questioning tactics. The pressure of being interrogated cannot be an easy thing and if Deborah feels like they are starting to "turn" on her, I cannot blame her for starting to withdraw, circling the wagons, so to speak. Missing baby or not she has other children to think about and she cannot care for them if she is arrested for something she did not do.

Everyone has the right to remain silent and they are also innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. They may not be doing everything they can to find their child by assisting police in the way the police think that they should, but they are also protecting themselves from wrongful accusations. Don't even get me started on the media. They are under no obligation to talk to the media whatsoever! In my opinion, that doesn't mean they love their child less and it certainly doesn't make them guilty.

That being said, I do think their emotions have been genuine. Everything we have seen thus far (including the local accounts) indicate that Lisa was a loved, well-cared for child. I have no idea how a child disappears into thin air, but I pray that she is found safe and that these parents had nothing to do with it and are cleared.

The things that make me suspicious of the parents...the lack of searching, the lack of looking, the lack of their other children being w/them.

The things that make me think they aren't involved....Lisa looks well cared for and happy in all the pictures, I don't like thinking that a mother could hurt her own children, other events that occurred surrounding the incident.

Y
OMG who has a rest day when their baby is missing?!?A!?!?:banghead:

I wouldn't be able to sleep or rest.......I'd go nutty sitting around.

imo

At some point, even in this case, people need sleep. They also have other children to think about. Just trying to look at all sides here.

This is what I'm starting to believe:

1. This was a set-up by the mom, and possibly the dad.
2. Lisa is safe.
3. Police know it was a set-up, and that's why they're not searching.
4. The mom (possibly dad) is starting to realize police are onto them, so they're lying low.
Interesting. What causes you to believe this? Surely this story would have been leaked by now, I would imagine. Can't see LE just sitting around being made to look foolish to the public, unable to solve this crime.

I just don't get this family at all.
Going away now. I need a rest day.

Wish we knew who has been checked out and cleared. I know LE won't and shouldn't release this info right now, just wishing. Particularly curious about:

- Jeremy Irwin
- The non-custodial parents of Debbie and Jeremy's sons (their ex-spouses)
- Immediate family members in the general area
- Neighbors
- Yard sale attendees
- Any repair / maintenance workers at the home
- Anyone communicated with by the parents around the time of the abduction (visitors, phone, internet)
- Those on the list provided to LE by the parents (which must include some of the above)

All we really know is that LE has been unable to clear Debbie Bradley and they have questioned a neighbor teen. Wonder who is on the short list besides Debbie?

I would like to hear from LE that sex offenders have been checked and cleared as well!

MOO :twocents:

Welcome to the conversation sunflowerchick, glad to see you come out of lurkdom. Great post.

At the risk of making me sound like a totally crappy parent..

My daughter is a daredevil, and no matter how low we put her crib mattress, she STILL jumps/falls/flips out of her crib (to the point where we've had to put like a giant stack of pillows under her crib so she'd have a "soft landing"). This is rare, but we spoke to our pediatrician about it anyways and he said obviously we need to work on a solution for it BUT the chances of her ever having a serious injury from it are highly unlikely.

Our solution... we went and got a toddler bed at about this age. Yes, they could get out and not stay in bed, but they were doing this from the crib anyway. At least this way we didn't wake up to a 'thud'! Sooooo much better!

Same here, lol. I feel less stupid now I know I'm not the only one. :seeya:

Re; the parents co-operation, or alleged lack of it, with LE. They were already questioned for 11 hours with no break. What do LE need to ask them that they didn't ask in the course of an 11 hour interrogation?

i would give this post a 100 "thanks" if i could!

LE obviously(to me) is not interested in looking at anyone else. that worries me. why does LE think that? if they are so sure the family has done something to Lisa, why have they not arrested them? i would be ANGRY if i was innocent, and LE refused to look elsewhere.

Lol That's the part I can't figure out.
Maybe embellishing a false story with lots of details to make it more plausible? People who are lying sometimes do this.

Invented the story out of a need to be viewed as a nurturing,kindly person. What,after all,is more defensless that a small kitten ? Oh right, a baby...

I tend to think the kitten story might be true.Easy to verify it with the son.And LE would probably have actually seen the kitten ? MOO

Can you provide a link? TIA

I'll look, wish me luck. It was posted sometime today.

If someone has a link please please please post it for me.

Ok but I don't see anything at the bottom of your post. What am I doing wrong?
This link is at the bottom of each of her post. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68412"]Websleuth's Lingo - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hi everyone! Decided to come out of lurkdom on this one... I am still on the fence, but leaning towards the parents had nothing to do with this.

I have tried over and over to think about what I or my husband would do if this happened to us and I must say, I can't totally blame the parents for clamming up if they feel the police are being intimidating or accusatory. I was reminded of the new show "Take the Money and Run". The competitors all think they can beat the detectives but when they are under the scrutiny and pressure of being questioned they all fold. With little Lisa missing, this is not a game. The pressure in questioning must be extreme and I cannot even fathom how hard that would be while also feeling distraught over your child missing. While we would all like to think that innocent people have nothing to worry about, we also all know the reality - that innocent people go to jail every day.

While police have the best of intentions in most cases, they are also human and their own beliefs and opinions WILL manifest in their questioning tactics. The pressure of being interrogated cannot be an easy thing and if Deborah feels like they are starting to "turn" on her, I cannot blame her for starting to withdraw, circling the wagons, so to speak. Missing baby or not she has other children to think about and she cannot care for them if she is arrested for something she did not do.

Everyone has the right to remain silent and they are also innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. They may not be doing everything they can to find their child by assisting police in the way the police think that they should, but they are also protecting themselves from wrongful accusations. Don't even get me started on the media. They are under no obligation to talk to the media whatsoever! In my opinion, that doesn't mean they love their child less and it certainly doesn't make them guilty.

That being said, I do think their emotions have been genuine. Everything we have seen thus far (including the local accounts) indicate that Lisa was a loved, well-cared for child. I have no idea how a child disappears into thin air, but I pray that she is found safe and that these parents had nothing to do with it and are cleared.

:clap::clap:

in regards to this talk of a kitten, I have followed this case pretty closely, and haven't seen anything about a kitten in any of the stories I have read? Could someone link me to any information on this kitten?

Thank you so much

I think it's linked in Shelby's timeline.

in regards to this talk of a kitten, I have followed this case pretty closely, and haven't seen anything about a kitten in any of the stories I have read? Could someone link me to any information on this kitten?

Thank you so much

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ler_lisa_irwin_in_kansas_landfill_for_a_.html

Bradley said she last checked on the child around 10:30 p.m., then fell asleep in her bed with her 6-year-old son and a stray kitten they found earlier in the day.

I did it with all my children. We closed the door and left the monitor on. ;)

imo

I did the same with mine. Reasons were 1) keep the noise outside of bedroom from waking baby. 2) Keep cat and dog out of baby's room. 3) When they were a little older and could climb out of crib if they tried, the sound of the door opening = Mom comes running before they get too far.

Interesting. What causes you to believe this? Surely this story would have been leaked by now, I would imagine.

For starters, why would police not be searching? Why would there be no active searches at all? One article I read today (I'll find the link if you would like) stated that a neighbor went to the house today to volunteer in the search effort, and was surprised to find out that there were no organized searches scheduled.

Also, the parents are taking the day off to "recuperate", and to consider organizing a search. IMO, if your baby was snatched from the crib... you wouldn't be sitting in the house letting precious time slip by.

Y

At some point, even in this case, people need sleep. They also have other children to think about. Just trying to look at all sides here.

Yes , of course the parents need sleep. I'm hoping they sleep at night so they could help search, talk to local LE, that type thing.

Their other children are being cared for by family per an news article linked here yesterday. :)

imo

:goodpost:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member