MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that kept the doors closed and the monitor off when my kids went down for the night??

We always sleep with the doors shut for fire safety reasons, and I never even owned a baby monitor. When my kids were small, I never slept so hard I couldn't hear them, even in the next room.

My youngest would go to strangers until he was 9 months old. He'd go to anyone w/o a problem. They were complete strangers to him, but I knew them. So I understand where mom is coming from.

Your son would go to a stranger without you being present? My children wouldn't do that if I or their dad wasn't standing right there.

JMO

There were cases before the Anthony case that also received significant media coverage such as Natalee Holloway, Elizabeth Smart, Laci Peterson, etc. In those cases, the victims really were missing, but someone could have still gotten the idea that if they pretended their child was missing (instead of dead or hiding somewhere), they would also get $$ and attention. I don't understand why people think the Anthony case is starting a new trend of missing child hoaxes. If I had to guess, i think there are a lot of parents who killed their child and are now pretending that they are "missing" but just aren't high profile cases so we can't name them.

Good point.

I wonder how the human race survived for thousands of years without electronic gadgets? It's a miracle, I tell ya - a miracle!

That photo was taken AFTER LE had been in Baby Lisa's room. It was not in the same state that it was when Lisa went missing. The black plastic over the windows was probably put there due to Luminol testing by LE.

We haven't been told what state the room was in when LE first arrived. They may have found it exactly that way.

JMO

No! I guess your kids were as neglected as mine!
I never started closing my son's bedroom door until he was a teenager...and that was to keep from having to face the terror that lurked within!!!*:great:

*I'm referring to all the junk...not the teenager...I think. ;)

Your son would go to a stranger without you being present? My children wouldn't do that if I or their dad wasn't standing right there.

JMO

It may not be your experience, but it does happen with some babies. And it could be that the person who took Lisa was known to her.....

When I was a teenager I was asked to babysit for a family that my mother knew well. I did not know them, but I agreed to do it. They had a 1 year old who woke from her nap and came straight out of her crib to me with no problem. There are just some babies who are like that. I think my daughter would've been the same way. She just loved everybody and always woke up happy.

Sorry can't get it to quote the one above your post In da Middle,lol.
My thinking was the neighbor dog probably did not bark as it possibly was familiar with whomever entered the home if the dog was even awake and heard them.

And I was totally agreeing with you!

It may not be your experience, but it does happen with some babies. And it could be that the person who took Lisa was known to her.....

When I was a teenager I was asked to babysit for a family that my mother knew well. I did not know them, but I agreed to do it. They had a 1 year old who woke from her nap and came straight out of her crib to me with no problem. There are just some babies who are like that. I think my daughter would've been the same way. She just loved everybody and always woke up happy.

I think the person who took Lisa was known to her. And if this person was known to her, it wouldn't be a stranger, would it? Her mother said Lisa would happily go with anybody, which includes strangers. I don't buy that as true.
I think the child would have made big noise and not remained silent.

JMO

There were cases before the Anthony case that also received significant media coverage such as Natalee Holloway, Elizabeth Smart, Laci Peterson, etc. In those cases, the victims really were missing, but someone could have still gotten the idea that if they pretended their child was missing (instead of dead or hiding somewhere), they would also get $$ and attention. I don't understand why people think the Anthony case is starting a new trend of missing child hoaxes. If I had to guess, i think there are a lot of parents who killed their child and are now pretending that they are "missing" but just aren't high profile cases so we can't name them.
I was not trying to imply that the Anthony case was the first one to rake in cash or that they were trend setters but this isbthe first case where I was aware of family members getting 200 grand for photos in 1 interview and I think for that reason there are others who are aware of this also and it will continue to have people trying to.claim a. Kidnapping to take in the cash and I also forgot to mention the money that is sent directly to the parents from good hearted people who just want to help out..a case that reminds me of this is the Haeily Cummings case...

The "how" of any scenario involving the mother is the problem for me.

Did she leave her two sons while she ran out to the dump?

Discover that in a big fight or in an overdose, she had killed her daughter, and somehow - no evidence how - contacted her brother to help, and no one saw his car, and the boys slept through everything, and he's flunked a polygraph too?

I mean, please help out here with what *could* have happened, realistically, in terms of body disposal of this child - if she did NOT drive off with an abductor. I am genuinely interested in people saying what they think could actually have happened. Without a magic carpet or ESP to the brother. Is there a fourth cell phone on which she called him?

Because I'm just not seeing a scenario in which the dogs wouldn't bark, the kids wouldn't wake up (and tell the cops about it), and the neighbors wouldn't be alerted to a car pulling in and out in the middle of the night.

And besides all that, both of my brothers love me very much. But if I texted either of them in the middle of the night asking them to remove their dead niece from my home---I seriously doubt they would do so. My older brother is an attorney and he would probably come over quickly to speak with me, but he would never consider disposing of my dead child.

It is pretty rare for anyone to have a friend or relative that would come over in the middle of the night, no questions asked, to dispose of a dead child, imo.

We haven't been told what state the room was in when LE first arrived. They may have found it exactly that way.

JMO

I don't think so. That baby lived in that room for 10 months. She was well cared for by all appearances. Her parents had hung her prints on the wall. I doubt they put her to bed each night in a crib full of stuff, and had black plastic on her windows.

Well in a very quiet house if the baby monitor was on you should be able to hear a door opening. I hear the coffee pot go on in the morning that is set to timer.

I live in a rather new house and can hear doors opening without a monitor. And from the sounds of it she didn't hear her husband enter the house? Now that I would hear. I would hear the keys in the lock and I would hear the door close. She had to have been in a very deep sleep not to hear things before husband woke her.

Did the mother hear or feel the child get into bed with her did she mention?

Where are we hearing that the brother was called? Thanks.

I don't think so. That baby lived in that room for 10 months. She was well cared for by all appearances. Her parents had hung her prints on the wall. I doubt they put her to bed each night in a crib full of stuff, and had black plastic on her windows.

I don't draw conclusions about how well a baby was cared for just because of some family photos. The Anthony case had plenty of similar photos.

That said, if the baby was already gone from the house and the house was being staged to look like a stranger abduction, it wouldn't surprise me if the stuff in the crib was over-looked. Parents who are trying to hide a crime should make a mistake or two. I think that's how they usually get caught.

JMO

Well one advantage that most of us Websleuthers have is we don't get confused about the "crib." We know its a baby's bed....as opposed to the place we "stay." See, I AM bilingual....and excellent at interpretation. That's what I get for having 4 kids in the current generation. Aren't you impressed?

Where are we hearing that the brother was called? Thanks.

Rumor from last night or the night before when the phone call at 2:38 am was to have, in fact, been a text to the brother. I believe there might have even been the text of what was said, but I can't remember it word for word so won't say it. That's the only thing I ever heard of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cloudy89