bill stanton~independent investigator hired by anonymous man and woman benefactors

Wild Bill apparently hired by networks; he was not hired by family, according to reporter who didn't know her mic was live.

Sounds like whatever network paid out the big bucks for the "deal" wants to protect their investment. They knew mom wasn't going over well and this person seems more like an image consultant then a PI.

wow

*jaw dropping*

I didn't see that coming??

Bill Stanton, PI, was not hired by family. He was hired by networks.

Weird. Why? To create more drama? When did it become ok for journalists to create news?

BTW, is anyone else super annoyed by the reporter in this clip? [ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1206812569001/report-mother-of-missing-baby-failed-lie-detector-test[/ame]

If it was my kid, I'd camp out at the police station, regardless if they were accusing me, until they found my baby. I wouldn't "lawyer up" and I'm a lawyer myself. I wouldn't do that until I was charged, if I was innocent, that is.

Hey, guys - there's now a thread on this PI/statement... If there was a previous announcement, I missed it... So here it is!

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151200"]independent investigator- developing (hired by whom?) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Bill Stanton, PI, was not hired by family. He was hired by networks.

Reporter accidentally stated this on live stream. Not sure if she was supposed to reveal that.

Is ABC trying to get into the crime solving business? They think they can do better than the FBI? :waitasec:

Well the tent just went up, get out the three rings and the elephants!

um. I need a minute here. I honestly don't know what to say about this development.

ETA looking for a Kit Kat bar

I think you're missing something, with all due respect. This guy is a publicity hound and celebrity chaser. I'm actually a little sick to the stomach after watching that. I don't think he is being paid by the family. I think he's in it for himself. Either they're really stupid, and being duped by him, or they see some advantage I don't see to having his involvement. I can't think of anything along those lines that doesn't leave me a little bit ill....
Big agreement. Family is in the dark about how this process works.

Wild Bill apparently hired by networks; he was not hired by family, according to reporter who didn't know her mic was live.
Wait,......................

Hold up....................

This PI has been hired by the network(s)? Which ones and why?

Didn't or wasn't there a statement made like yesterday that the family has signed an exclusive with the ABC local or ABC in general?

Lord, now this is very strange and very new. I can't think of a case where a PI was hired by a network. BUT, I can think of a certain case where ABC help fund the defense.

Why would a network do this?

Oh, and if it is ABC - well ABC is owned by Disney - so, once again, good ole Mickey Mouse is knee deep in a missing child case.

I think you're missing something, with all due respect. This guy is a publicity hound and celebrity chaser. I'm actually a little sick to the stomach after watching that. I don't think he is being paid by the family. I think he's in it for himself. Either they're really stupid, and being duped by him, or they see some advantage I don't see to having his involvement. I can't think of anything along those lines that doesn't leave me a little bit ill....

Totally agree Just-a-Guy. He's trying to beat Padilla to the punch here I think.

Total circus ahead. :banghead:

Is ABC trying to get into the crime solving business? They think they can do better than the FBI? :waitasec:

Not sure who hired him this time around; I think that was a general statement as to who usually pays this guy's paycheck.

She was very clear on the "family didn't hire him," though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back