"Killing Field" in League City, Texas- Calder Rd Cold Cases

100% serious.

Which means, ANY other victims that weren't considered by the police to be 'worthwhile' got the same kind of investigation - especially those unidentified without advocates. And this was shocking to us because my aunt is a longtime member of the community and a friend to many mayors, city council members, and police. Actually, I was wrong about the date of the case being closed. It wasn't even October yet. I think maybe the last week of September it was officially closed. The last time any action was taken was them tapping a tree near her grave to see if the killer went there and confessed. That was within days of her death though.

The three victims referred to my mother, Dana, and the un-named victim.

That might explain why there has been such a discrepancy as far as the name of the victims that I have been able to locate. Some sites list only 4 victims. I guess LE decided who was a victim and who was not. Close a case and shove it under the rug. sts

I've always wondered if a member of LE was involved in at least some of these murders. I'm sure it was more than one perp. Probably a lot more than one. imo

Ikoihil have you been verified with the mods that you are a local? It helps us to know who is in our sleuthing. We can count on them to know things we don't. lol

I don't know how to verify with mods that I'm local. What do you suggest I do?

You mentioned others who had gone missing that are not listed. Do you have a way of finding out who these girls/women are?

Are you local also? I'm guessing the best way would be to avoid basing the list on information already gathered...

If we put together a list of all the small towns in the area, along with Galveston and Houston, of course, and then go to each of their municipality sites to search doe victims and to go by dates? Since I'm from the area, I can rattle off a list of these towns real quick...

Galveston - Galveston County
Houston - Harris County

Towns around the I-45 Corridor
Alvin
Bayou Vista
Clear Lake
Dickinson
Friendswood
Hitchcock
La Marque
League City
Manvel
Pasadena
San Leon
Santa Fe
South Houston
Texas City
Tiki Island
Webster

Are you local also? I'm guessing the best way would be to avoid basing the list on information already gathered...

If we put together a list of all the small towns in the area, along with Galveston and Houston, of course, and then go to each of their municipality sites to search doe victims and to go by dates? Since I'm from the area, I can rattle off a list of these towns real quick...

No, I'm not local. I think we should work backwards so to speak. Take the list we have of names and the does found in the Killing Fields and try to identify them rather than add names that might or might not be a part of this. kwim?

Galveston - Galveston County
Houston - Harris County

Towns around the I-45 Corridor
Alvin
Bayou Vista
Clear Lake
Dickinson
Friendswood
Hitchcock
La Marque
League City
Manvel
Pasadena
San Leon
Santa Fe
South Houston
Texas City
Tiki Island
Webster

WOW, you're fast. Good list.

No, I'm not local. I think we should work backwards so to speak. Take the list we have of names and the does found in the Killing Fields and try to identify them rather than add names that might or might not be a part of this. kwim?

Sounds good. We can categorize by year? And just build off what is already listed elsewhere, adding as needed, and further investigating those with minimal detail.

Thank you for your help. :seeya: I appreciate it.

I'm getting slow tonight. lol What quota?

On page 7 of the PDF linked below, for instance, it says there were 8 murders in Galveston County in 1986... however, if we start listing the victims and come up with a number greater than that, we will know that something is wrong, either with our information or with the statistics provided by Galveston County. Or, if we only come up with 2 in a year that says there were 35, we're missing something. Remember, these are small towns with relatively low murder rates (for the most part). They shouldn't have murder rates that rival those of large metropolitan cities.

http://thepolicenews.net/html/gcpnmar06final.pdf

Sounds good. We can categorize by year? And just build off what is already listed elsewhere, adding as needed, and further investigating those with minimal detail.

Thank you for your help. :seeya: I appreciate it.

I hope to have a good list up by tomorrow. I have a few things I want to verify on the list that I have before I publish it

From the list we can create a timeline or at least begin one. kwim

We need as many media links as we can find. Good information on them. You might be able to get some from some of the local papers that we won't be aware of.

On page 7 of the PDF linked below, for instance, it says there were 8 murders in Galveston County in 1986... however, if we start listing the victims and come up with a number greater than that, we will know that something is wrong, either with our information or with the statistics provided by Galveston County. Or, if we only come up with 2 in a year that says there were 35, we're missing something. Remember, these are small towns with relatively low murder rates (for the most part). They shouldn't have murder rates that rival those of large metropolitan cities.

http://thepolicenews.net/html/gcpnmar06final.pdf

There were 8 murders in Galveston in 1986 but were all of them part of the Killing Fields? We only want to include those murders otherwise we don't have a list or a timeline. We have to be victim specific. We have to get those that were found in the killing fields or associated with the killing fields. kwim?

mediaManager

When you search for media links, the original listings in the 1970's were probably the "I-45 killings". They begain calling them the Texas Killing Fields later.

It runs quite a bit more south than that, by a few miles, in actuality. That pin point only represents one small field where remains and bodies were found. More have been recovered in the marshes and fields spanning all the way to the Galveston Causeway. If you only search Calder Road or League City, I think your results are going to be limited. Just a heads up, so you get more complete results.

The victims list I have so far has 10 victims in the 70's, 14 in the 80's, 16 in the 90's, and 6 in the 2000's. I have a total of 45 which is more than most media has stated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back