PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we have some photos: https://picasaweb.google.com/LookingforRay I think most of your questions are answered.

I don't have a mailing address for the Street of Shops, but it is the north east corner of St. John's and Water Street.

Yes, this answers my questions. The news accounts about the laptop and hard drive make it sound like they were found upstream from where RFGs car was parked. I now realize that they were found in the same area.

Living close-by, I know the area and was trying to get a better handle on the physical location of everything. Now I do.....THANKS!

I also wanted to point out, for what it's worth, that according to Wiki, Ray's brother "disappeared" In May 1996 and his body was found a week later in the Miami River in Ohio. The authorities called it a suicide. IF Ray killed himself by jumping in a river, that's probably where he got the idea from. Has anyone tried looking for him in Ohio (or in the Miami River there for his body)?

I still find it very curious that Ray (or someone) went to an enormous lengths to ensure that hard drive was destroyed; obviously something was on there that either shouldn't have been on there or that incriminated himself or someone else.

While never sure, most people who drown/jump into the Susquehanna are found at some point. There is tons of fishing activity up and down the length and numerous bodies have been found caught in the weeds/trees along the sides (these are also the better fishing spots!).

This has been my experience living in the area for 40 years and why I tend to lean more towards the theory that RFG walked away.

Why didn't Gricar pursue Sandusky? why didn't he work on this? why didn't Paterno step in?

It seems impossible to believe that RG didn't want to prosecute this asap.

so, something is wrong....there should have been an ongoing criminal investigation.

so where is Ray? He's the one...he's the one who knew. He's it.

Why didn't Gricar pursue Sandusky? why didn't he work on this? why didn't Paterno step in?

Paterno didn't know about the 1998 incident. There is no evidence RFG knew about the later incidents.

It seems impossible to believe that RG didn't want to prosecute this asap.

so, something is wrong....there should have been an ongoing criminal investigation.

so where is Ray? He's the one...he's the one who knew. He's it.

And RFG mysteriously vanishes, at about the time the then statute of limitations expired.

My mind is racing.

I had this theory that if one of RFGs relatives from Slovenia was the "helper", that this person may bear a resemblence to RFG and also smoke (like many Slovenians).

Of course, this does not explain the discussion of the Cleveland Indians, but just a random thought.

Paterno didn't know about the 1998 incident.

We do not know for sure if Paterno knew or did not know about the 1998 incident.

But we do know that Paterno told Sandusky in 1999 that he would not be Penn State's head coach, leading to Sandusky's retirement (at 55).

Sandusky could have gone anywhere else. He was a huge star and could have been the head coach at another university, but he decided to stay in State College, have an office on the grounds of Penn State and still be given access to all areas.

There is no evidence RFG knew about the later incidents.

Was this part of the "deal" with RFG? No prosecution of the 1998 incident as long as no other incident takes place?

And RFG mysteriously vanishes, at about the time the then statute of limitations expired.

My mind is racing.

Please explain. Do you mean the statute of limitations on the 1998 charges?

I had this theory that if one of RFGs relatives from Slovenia was the "helper", that this person may bear a resemblence to RFG and also smoke (like many Slovenians).

Of course, this does not explain the discussion of the Cleveland Indians, but just a random thought.

RFG was a Massive Cleveland Indians fan! They were talking baseball.

We do not know for sure if Paterno knew or did not know about the 1998 incident.

But we do know that Paterno told Sandusky in 1999 that he would not be Penn State's head coach, leading to Sandusky's retirement (at 55).

57-58

Sandusky could have gone anywhere else. He was a huge star and could have been the head coach at another university, but he decided to stay in State College, have an office on the grounds of Penn State and still be given access to all areas.

The charity was based there.

Please explain. Do you mean the statute of limitations on the 1998 charges?

After all the Catholic Church stuff, the legislature changed the statute of limitations on molestation in 2007. It is now until the victim turns 50. It was seven years, which would put the expiration on the 1998 incident about 4-6 weeks after RFG disappeared.

I think the photo may have skewed the thread somehow,

at least I am having an issue.

I'm going to stick to my initial opinion; even with the latest groundbreaking news and that is that RG left on his on his accord with a sizable savings. Since the "news" broke it is evident to me that there were too many people that knew about the child molestation at PS, that would have to be killed. So why kill RG? He wasn't prosecuting.

May be he was tired of his life and that was the final straw. As such, not being about to prosecute a case that he wanted to might have sent him... literally packing. jmo

Yep, the ice cream blew the margins. lol
icon12.gif

I'm going to stick to my initial opinion; even with the latest groundbreaking news and that is that RG left on his on his accord with a sizable savings. Since the "news" broke it is evident to me that there were too many people that knew about the child molestation at PS, that would have to be killed. So why kill RG? He wasn't prosecuting.

The statute of limitations was about to expire; that could have a bearing on it.

In 2005, it was seven years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member