WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know that, in an emergency, JB doesn't mind admitting to having left children alone. That's how she staged this whole thing.

So why, if she came home to a missing or dead child, would she hide it and take care of it herself and then stage a fake scene that involved the same detail of leaving a child alone?

I'm not seeing anything, personally, to indicate accident.

If Sky disappeared or died while JB was at the mediation, especially, I think JB might very well have avoided contacting LE. Since leaving the children unattended was an issue with her, it could affect her parental rights. If Sky was deceased, JB would want to avoid losing custody of MM, and she would not want SM's contention that she was a danger to her their children substantiated. If JB returned home to discover Sky missing, she may have been reluctant to involve LE b/c of the child neglect issue; but, when she failed to find Sky on her own, in desperation she staged an "abduction" to garner help from LE.

I think by now JB has realized that leaving the children unattended is a no-no. With no seeming alternative to admitting that Sky disappeared while left unattended, JB may have decided it was better to claim she left Sky unattended for 1 hour than to admit leaving him unattended for 11-12 hours. JB may have felt that claiming Sky was sick and she was taking him to a hospital could justify leaving him in the car, implying that he was too sick to make the trip to the gas station and pointing out the difficulty of carrying a gas can back to the car with a sick child in her arms.

BELLEVUE — Bellevue police have called another news conference for 3:30 p.m. Saturday in the search for missing toddler Sky Metalwala, after releasing new photos of the boy and his mother Friday in an effort to generate new leads.

KIRO 7 will carry the news conference live on Comcast Channel 117 and on kirotv.com.

Police have said on multiple occasions that they only plan to hold news conferences when they have new information to release in the case.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/search-sky-police-schedule-news-conference-330-pm-/nFg8p/

Why hasn't the "mother" been arrested yet? Is the news conference announcing the arrest?

If something happened to Sky while the children were left home alone unattended, I imagine it would not be long before MM would disclose details of her perspective.

It appears there was nowhere in that apartment for JB to get a break or for the children to go to stay out from under foot, so not many places to hide or not be seen. Unless MM was asleep or not with them, I imagine she has information that could be crucial. My hope is that CPS has her in play therapy with a qualified professional right away.

Why is everyone saying she changed her sweatpants? I must be missing something. From what I can see, the sweatpants she was wearing at the bank "appear" to be a light grey but that's actually her undershirt pulled down over the sweatpants. If you look at the photo of her shopping with the Ross bag and yellow bag, you can see that there is a longer greyish undershirt pulled down over the top of her darker-colored sweatpants. It seems to me that she was probably wearing the dark sweatpants at the bank, too, but they appeared light because we're mistaking the pulled down undershirt as the top of the sweatpants.

Do we think the photo released by LE of SM holding Sky was taken in the bank where JB's surveillance photos were snapped, then maybe they were releasing the photo of SM & Sky in the same location to say "we know where you were at and what you were doing...."

Also, the photo of JB where the sweatpants DO appear lighter, I'm thinking might still be the same outfit, as they are still a shade darker than the sweatshirt and everything in that photo is very white-washed and bright. The sweatshirt looks white, not grey, so they might be the same sweatpants but appear lighter because everything else is.

I know folks want some maps up here and likely places where Sky might be located, but the more I get a grasp on this case (or lose my grasp, I should say) the more I wonder if he is not very, VERY close by.

If it is true that Julia left a 2 yr old and a four yr old alone in an apartment building for 11 hrs without any adult supervision...gah. I am running through every scenario that we have come across in the last 15 years with those exact or very similar circumstances.

First one that comes to mind is a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old (siblings) who both walked out of a residence in the middle of the day and drowned in a retaining pond.

Second is a 4 yr old who tried to give a 2 yr old a bath, and the 2 yr old drowned in the tub. 4 yr old wandered outside and got lost.

Third is a 2 yr old who wandered outside in an apartment complex and was murdered by a teenager, who dumped the baby in a wooded area.

Fourth is Silar.

Fifth is a 2 yr old who wandered out in a hallway of an apartment building and into a construction area (no one was working at the time) and fell through an unfinished floor, three stories down and was caught up in ductwork.

Ugh. I could go on. :(
While it certainly seems likely that Julia may have had a hand in Sky's disappearance...I am wondering at this point what exactly that hand was. I REALLY hope they cleared the apartment building.

LE seem to believe Sky is "right in their backyard". In other words not far and probably not out of State or Country.

After reading your possible theories and in light of her online dating, I wonder if she left Sky with a man she met online and the kidnapping did occur but she's too afraid or embarrassed to come forward?

We know that, in an emergency, JB doesn't mind admitting to having left children alone. That's how she staged this whole thing.

So why, if she came home to a missing or dead child, would she hide it and take care of it herself and then stage a fake scene that involved the same detail of leaving a child alone?

I'm not seeing anything, personally, to indicate accident.

Well, because having a child stolen from you when you're in kind of an emergency and are seeking help is one thing, and leaving a child alone for 11 hours and coming home to find your child dead due to your neglect is another thing altogether, in my opinion.

She probably thought she would be believed, when she said someone took him, and she'd just be guilty of the much lesser crime of leaving him unattended for the time it took to go get help.

(Just a note, I don't think leaving him in that car is as bad as many do. Had she carefully locked the car, if her whole story were actually true. If in fact, he was sick enough to go to the ER, and she ran out of gas on that EXCEPTIONALLY treacherous strip of road, leaving him for a short period of time in a locked car is safer, IMHO, than taking him and trying to make it through that narrow blind passage with two small children. But it doesn't appear that's what happened anyway.)

Not dangerous? Really? Wasn't a "short period of time" and leaving a child in a car is dangerous because somebody driving can hit that car.

LE seem to believe Sky is "right in their backyard". In other words not far and probably not out of State or Country.

After reading your possible theories and in light of her online dating, I wonder if she left Sky with a man she met online and the kidnapping did occur but she's too afraid or embarrassed to come forward?

Maybe, but she doesn't seem to have much trouble blaming men for stuff.

I wonder if they got anything useful from the sugar daddy site.

I wonder if she left the emergency flashers on for the car when she walked away from it. Sometimes the devil is in the details.

Not dangerous? Really? Wasn't a "short period of time" and leaving a child in a car is dangerous because somebody driving can hit that car.

In my opinion, taking him out of the car is more dangerous than leaving him there. She'd have to carry a very sick child, and he's HEAVY, leaving her daughter in a precarious position of not having enough supervision as they walk through that cramped windy two way street - with cars going fast.

So yes. I don't believe her story, but if all the details were true, I think that's not a bad decision.

I don't feel the same way about leaving them home alone for any length of time.

I wonder if she left the emergency flashers on for the car when she walked away from it. Sometimes the devil is in the details.

There didn't seem to be any indication that she did - I would think that would have been one of those details they released to the public to jog people's memory as to what they saw.

Well, because having a child stolen from you when you're in kind of an emergency and are seeking help is one thing, and leaving a child alone for 11 hours and coming home to find your child dead due to your neglect is another thing altogether, in my opinion.

She probably thought she would be believed, when she said someone took him, and she'd just be guilty of the much lesser crime of leaving him unattended for the time it took to go get help.

(Just a note, I don't think leaving him in that car is as bad as many do. Had she carefully locked the car, if her whole story were actually true. If in fact, he was sick enough to go to the ER, and she ran out of gas on that EXCEPTIONALLY treacherous strip of road, leaving him for a short period of time in a locked car is safer, IMHO, than taking him and trying to make it through that narrow blind passage with two small children. But it doesn't appear that's what happened anyway.)

If it was bad weather maaaaaaaaaaaybe I could see leaving him in the car. But there's just no way to make it ok.

We'd feel bad for her if she got desperate but nowadays people are driving all over the place. There's not really a situation where you'd be completely alone in the middle of nowhere where she lived.

She also said she was going to the hospital which signals that he was very very sick. I would think that if anyone would be left in the car I would leave the four year old girl or leave them both in the car.

Even at four, if she'd left them alone M would be able to somehow watch over him and she'd be able to move more quickly.

But didn't she walk past a church etc. If I was that desperate I'd be flagging down cars.

Maybe, but she doesn't seem to have much trouble blaming men for stuff.

I wonder if they got anything useful from the sugar daddy site.

I think the sugar daddy site is irrelevant to the case unless she met someone there who may have harmed Sky. etkay posted another dating site Julia registered at and that one is a Christian members site. There are probably others she's a member of. It doesn't mean she hooked up with anyone.

If she did and the person or persons may have wanted harm done to one of her children, her kidnapping story may indeed be legitimate.

Hope LE is checking all possible leads connecting to these dating sites. We know they harbour sex offenders and worse. Social media has also become a breeding ground for predators. Julia mentions her 2 children on both sites we're aware of.

I am SICK TO DEATH of these mothers who do not communicate with LE (Including Stepmother TH, of course) I am thinking some very violent thoughts here! Just, HOW can she not talk to the police?? WTH?? There really does need to be a law!!! I am so angry!!!!!:furious:

If Sky disappeared or died while JB was at the mediation, especially, I think JB might very well have avoided contacting LE. Since leaving the children unattended was an issue with her, it could affect her parental rights. If Sky was deceased, JB would want to avoid losing custody of MM, and she would not want SM's contention that she was a danger to her their children substantiated. If JB returned home to discover Sky missing, she may have been reluctant to involve LE b/c of the child neglect issue; but, when she failed to find Sky on her own, in desperation she staged an "abduction" to garner help from LE.

I think by now JB has realized that leaving the children unattended is a no-no. With no seeming alternative to admitting that Sky disappeared while left unattended, JB may have decided it was better to claim she left Sky unattended for 1 hour than to admit leaving him unattended for 11-12 hours. JB may have felt that claiming Sky was sick and she was taking him to a hospital could justify leaving him in the car, implying that he was too sick to make the trip to the gas station and pointing out the difficulty of carrying a gas can back to the car with a sick child in her arms.

IMO she didn't really leave him home alone for 11 hours. I can't see the logic of her going to meet her lawyers and ex and doing a mediation with the kids home alone.

It doesn't make sense.

She did something to him before that meeting and stalled.

Could very well be. That would explain her need to go to a teller.

Does anyone who's local know if there is an ATM machine in this bank and, if so, if the windows appear behind the ATM as in the photo with JB at the bank?

I am SICK TO DEATH of these mothers who do not communicate with LE (Including Stepmother TH, of course) I am thinking some very violent thoughts here! Just, HOW can she not talk to the police?? WTH?? There really does need to be a law!!! I am so angry!!!!!:furious:

When LE brought out the poster with pictures yesterday, I had major flashbacks of little Kyron and TH. Ugh.

All that needs to come out now is JB sexting (but the Sugar Daddy site was a close second).

Dating Information could indicate another area that she may frequent or be familiar with if you kwim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riverstyx