FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/att ... ne-/nFxCP/
--from the video @ link--

reporter---"also today, neighbours tell us-- police made a stop at dale2's south orlando home".

reporter---"now i just spoke with the family again, within the last couple of minutes.
they tell me they've just reached a custody agreement with dale smith Jr."

Now that police have the iPhone, I would think that an arrest or further searches/evidence would quickly follow. The iPhone is reported to have a file stored on it locally that captures very detailed location information even if you have not downloaded apps that use GPS or tracking functions. I know that this came up in an earlier thread. Hopefully, this will nail down the timeline and the movements of the phone allowing police to find Michelle.

My thoughts are with Michelle's family and friends. I can not imagine how difficult this is for them.

Now that police have the iPhone, I would think that an arrest or further searches/evidence would quickly follow. The iPhone is reported to have a file stored on it locally that captures very detailed location information even if you have not downloaded apps that use GPS or tracking functions. I know that this came up in an earlier thread. Hopefully, this will nail down the timeline and the movements of the phone allowing police to find Michelle.

My thoughts are with Michelle's family and friends. I can not imagine how difficult this is for them.

If the phone was turned off, it won't help find Michelle, imo. I understand the family's optimism and I guess any clue is better than none but I'm not as excited about the phone being found as some are, I guess.

If the phone was turned off, it won't help find Michelle, imo. I understand the family's optimism and I guess any clue is better than none but I'm not as excited about the phone being found as some are, I guess.

..even if it was turned off.

..depends where they found it.

..and whose DNA and fingerprints are all over it..

I went to bed early and felt dishearten about her case, and now wake up to see they found her phone. Wow, prayers are being answered here.

No... But it is a piece of the puzzle that could yield some valuable information.

Think about it:
1. Where the phone was found
2. How the phone was found

Just those two answers alone supplies a wealth of information. And that's not even touching upon whatever surface evidence the phone may yield or the info stored within it...

The Today Show is going to have a segment on Michelle and the cell phone being found. I'll post new info if there is any.

RE: Iphone
I posted this the other night.

Why does Apple need to know where you are?

The news broke earlier this week: Researchers Alasdair Allan and Pete Warden discovered that the iPhone 4 and iPad 3G devices — essentially cellular devices running iOS 4 — have a secret file hidden away that tracks the devices location regularly. It appears that these devices determine location through pinging cell phone towers and triangulating the resulting position. Then the device records the estimated latitude and longitude with a timestamp in a file called consolidated.db. Allan and Warden hasten to add that, as far as they can tell, this information remains stored locally on your phone (though it will transfer to any computer you synchronize your device to).

http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2011/...where-you-are/

Iphone Tracker

This open-source application maps the information that your iPhone is recording about your movements. It doesn't record anything itself, it only displays files that are already hidden on your computer.

http://petewarden.github.com/iPhoneTracker/#1

Can someone please explain what "subphoenaed" means?

Other than that, it will be very interesting to learn more about the phone. My first thought is that someone disclosed of its location...

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

I was thinking about how they might have found the phone. Maybe when they also subphoened the phone records of DS's family and centered on an area where calls were made...or pinged?

No... But it is a piece of the puzzle that could yield some valuable information.

Think about it:
1. Where the phone was found
2. How the phone was found

Just those two answers alone supplies a wealth of information. And that's not even touching upon whatever surface evidence the phone may yield or the info stored within it...

Where & how it was found means nothing unless LE has other intelligence & evidence that brought them to the location. A cellphone in itself turned off wouldn't yield any more information than they already have. Yes, fingerprints or DNA but there again, it all depends on who found it. I can already see contamination as a possible defense.

Did LE find the phone? Do we even know if it's Michelle's? We're assuming it is based on photos LE showed the family but until more details are given, I'm not so sure it has any bearing......unless the perp is a an idiot. I think most know by now that phones can be tracked.

Oh and if it was planted, it could actually deter the investigation. Perp may have planted it nowhere close to where Michelle might be.

I hate sounding so negative but I've seen some LE gather evidence that amount to nothing in the end. The victim is still missing.

I was thinking about how they might have found the phone. Maybe when they also subphoened the phone records of DS's family and centered on an area where calls were made...or pinged?

If LE found the phone from a search, they got REALLY lucky. If it was found because someone told them where it was, I would think that an arrest would have been made. As improbable as it seems, I think LE got lucky.

From this article from Fox News dated December 8: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/08/police-reportedly-find-missing-florida-moms-cell-phone/#ixzz1fv27VVni

If the report is true, what wonderful news! The twins are where they should have been placed all along. JMO

The media is all screwed up because Dale has the children and as of the Today Show this morning, apparently Dale and Michelle's family came to an agreement with regards to visitation.

On 11/29 the children were removed from Dale by DCF, and put in YS custody, then on 11/30, the court put the children back in Dale's custody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member