GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the "blood" should have been found Dec 2nd sometime between 8:00 pm and midnight. I would think police/fire fighters could check out the 35 vacant apartments in 4 hours. They had a lot of EMS workers there... knocking on doors...
if blood was not seen until Sat or Sun??? NO EXCUSE!
IT LOOKED like a nosebleed? I hope Jorelys kicked him in the face GOOD!
Guess no one notice if RB sounded stuffy or had blood around his nails.

We do know he was searching Friday night and Saturday- I would think as an employee he was expected to continue the search?
I REALLY wanna know if all employees of River Ridge assisted in the search?

BBM Question of the Week!!! IMHO The silence of the complex manager & her son (RBs roommate) is deafening. Were they out there searching? What were they doing? We have reports what RB was doing . . .

Blood was spotted on Sat between 1p & 3p - as per MSM IIRC

This picture just gets me. I don't know who the photographer was but talk about telling a story and setting a mood :(

It breaks my heart that these precious kids even need to contemplate this horror story. It is almost Christmas Eve. What is this world coming to?

IMO the "blood" should have been found Dec 2nd sometime between 8:00 pm and midnight. I would think police/fire fighters could check out the 35 vacant apartments in 4 hours. They had a lot of EMS workers there... knocking on doors...
if blood was not seen until Sat or Sun??? NO EXCUSE!
IT LOOKED like a nosebleed? I hope Jorelys kicked him in the face GOOD!
Guess no one notice if RB sounded stuffy or had blood around his nails.

We do know he was searching Friday night and Saturday- I would think as an employee he was expected to continue the search?
I REALLY wanna know if all employees of River Ridge assisted in the search?

That bloody nose comment confuses me because a bloody nose can create a whole lot of blood. My son used to have them as a child and it would bleed a lot.

If he cleaned up the scene immediately then it would not have taken too long. Fresh blood is pretty quick and easy to clean up after. And he could have done so before he disposed of the body, imoo

That bloody nose comment confuses me because a bloody nose can create a whole lot of blood. My son used to have them as a child and it would bleed a lot.

I had them too as a kid. On separate occasions both my Mom & my grandmother passed out - from seeing one of my nosebleeds.

If he cleaned up the scene immediately then it would not have taken too long. Fresh blood is pretty quick and easy to clean up after. And he could have done so before he disposed of the body, imoo

He wipes the walls down with a wet rag or paper towels - then he doesn't see any blood. But for the luminol, it is now all smeared over the place.

He wipes the walls down with a wet rag or paper towels - then he doesn't see any blood. But for the luminol, it is now all smeared over the place.

That is what I am hoping. Oh, and that he also left his own prints along the way.

eta: what worries me though is that he had full access to a lot of industrial strength cleaners and he had experience cleaning up messes because of his job.

I wonder what the minimum amount of time is to clean up a scene enough so that luminol must be used, change clothes wash hide clothing/body and show up to a "search" acting "completely normal" RB was knocking on doors BEFORE police did so he must have been there by what 8:30?

BBM Question of the Week!!! IMHO The silence of the complex manager & her son (RBs roommate) is deafening. Were they out there searching? What were they doing? We have reports what RB was doing . . .

Blood was spotted on Sat between 1p & 3p - as per MSM IIRC

The manager and her son are probably answering LE's questions, but trust me on this, she is NOT going to appear on camera or talk to reporters - she would not only lose her job, but she would be black-balled in the very small world of property management. Same with anyone in the leasing office or outside staff. Although, enough money might make the non-essential staff talk. Leasing, mk ready....

That is what I am hoping. Oh, and that he also left his own prints along the way.

eta: what worries me though is that he had full access to a lot of industrial strength cleaners and he had experience cleaning up messes because of his job.

But remember the use of the term droplets implies these were untouched at least I think so lol. :)

gngr-snap, I wish we had a "timeline" for his actions that night, Sat. and Sunday. Something tells me GBI has that timeline. Maybe we will hear it later.

I don't imagine his fingerprints are going to matter just because they are inside the apartment - or even on the handle of a bottle of bleach, since he was probably assigned that apartment anyway.

Regarding Canton PD .....Several years ago my younger sister who was a recovering drug user at the time had an investigator on the Drug Task force of the Canton PD trying to get to her become an informant. He was constantly calling her and pressuring her to work for him and she just kept saying no. Finally he threatened her with jail time. She had no outstanding warrant (lucky for her!) at the time. However, she had been charged with possession before and had plead First Offenders on her drug charge. So, basically she was well known to the Canton and Cherokee PD as a drug user and trafficker at the time. One day she came home to her apartment to find her door was open and it looked like it had been kicked in due to the damage to the frame. She thought she had been robbed but nothing of value was missing. She reluctantly reported it to police and they said they would have someone come out to take a report. Instead, this Drug investigator calls her back and says "You either work for me or I charge you with possession" She was like "You don't have anything on me!" He says "I came out to your apartment to do a welfare check and found drugs so you are going to jail!!"

He had no reason to do a welfare check on her and did not have a warrant to enter her home while she was gone. Stacey Barnett who is a really good attorney represented her and went to her probation officer who at the time was the Chief PO at that time and he told my sisters attorney that drug investigator had been trying to get him, the PO, to approve his search warrant and help him get her arrested and PO kept saying "When you bring me some evidence that she is violating her probation, I will but until then NO!" So basically her PO agreed to testify AGAINST the state!! Everything ended up getting dropped but corruption nonetheless!!!!

Lance's wife and mother-in-law have been family friend's for a very long time, in fact I used to babysit their oldest son when he was little. We used to go to their home every December as the family would host a wonderful Christmas party with Santa bringing gifts for the little ones and everything. Well, we ended up not going that year because Jeff had just gotten promoted to Chief and with my sister's case it was just kind of awkward. I am friends with his wife and mother-in-law through working in the same industry and they are a wonderful family but he is a very quiet and reserved man so I don't know much about him or what kind of cop he is....

My prayers are with his family as well as I am certain this whole thing and possible missteps are causing them alot of stress and worry!

I don't imagine his fingerprints are going to matter just because they are inside the apartment - or even on the handle of a bottle of bleach, since he was probably assigned that apartment anyway.

Agreed. What I am betting is GBI has his DNA that was found on Jorelys. For all we know, there could be RB's bloody fingerprints on her body, trash bags (if used), towels to clean up mess, or her DNA on some of HIS clothing.

Agreed. What I am betting is GBI has his DNA that was found on Jorelys. For all we know, there could be RB's bloody fingerprints on her body, trash bags (if used), towels to clean up mess, or her DNA on some of HIS clothing.

Yep. And GBI was also seen by neighbors taking evidence out of HIS apartment.

Heads up, everyone. I'm going to open a new thread. Will be back in a few minutes with the link.

Just read a pretty interesting article and thought I'd share. It's about the psychological profile of a sexual sadist.

It also mentioned how a crime scene can depict both tons of planning and also contain sloppy mistakes.

Ex:

Next since we know the sadist is a fantasizer and therefore a planner, we can gather by forensic details whether or not he is in the process of escalation. If the sadist progresses to murder, then the first kill will likely be due to a loss of control and deviation of plan for the sexual sadist. As such a clue such as an improvised weapon being used signals that this is likely the first murder and subsequent murders will follow. Generally, the higher the level of disorganization at the scene, the higher the probability the sexual sadist has just progressed into killing.

http://www.justiceguy.com/?p=56

It also mentions how very kind and personable some of these 'gentlemen' seems and how their sexual/violent natures were undetected by those close to them.

Note: this appears to be an criminal/law/justice blog. The 'article' I quoted/linked has refrences/citations. Hope it's okay to link. I apologize if it's not!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean