IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/local/mother-of-ahiliana-lemmon-attends-candlelight-vigil

Is WANE considered MSM? I thought I had read several links from that affiliate here, but if it's still not considered MSM, then I apologize.

It states that TS does indeed have 'temporary' paralysis, but they expect her to be better in a few days.

If this is not MSM, then please delete.

ETA the article totally butchered the spelling of Aliahna's name, so who knows?

Yes, this is a legit MSM source. Thank you!

May I please emphasize the word temporary in reference to the paralysis?

I'm not sure what that means or why....but I think it is probably a very important descriptive word.

I'd consider wane.com MSM since it's local Ft Wayne. Thanks so much for finding this! FB comments substantiated by MSM in just a few hours! So glad those journalists are also "trolling" the FB walls & webs.

I wonder is other FB comments are going to be verified in the morning. I'm sure they will.

RIP little one. You are in great company in Heaven for little girls & boys who were taken too early . . .

Yes, this is a legit MSM source. Thank you!

May I please emphasize the word temporary in reference to the paralysis?

I'm not sure what that means or why....but I think it is probably a very important descriptive word.

Yes. In fact, I think the word 'temporary' is very telling. I cannot imagine how one would 'know' that they would be just fine in a few days after experiencing something like that.

Also, please note, the sources are unnamed friends, I believe. So take a bit of salt with it.

I just googled the reasons for temporary paralysis.... Of the legs..... Sounds like a visit to the ER. That's serious!

Someone up thread said Mom is being charged with neglect, correct?

No, different case, similar last name (I believe)

I just googled the reasons for temporary paralysis.... Of the legs..... Sounds like a visit to the ER. That's serious!

BBM

No, that was another bit of misinformation. That post was in reference to another case and confusing.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/206571-causes-of-temporary-leg-paralysis/

Hadn't heard about the charges, but I wouldn't think it improbable given the info we have thus far. I'll have to go look for that link.

ETA: Carp! It's that other case I mentioned with the similar last name! Sorry, sorry, sorry! That is my fault. Not the same people at all!

Can somebody help me here with this? I've seen a lot of postings that are saying MP maybe snapped, acted out of rage, and none of this seemed very well thought out. There are a few things I'm having trouble with which lead me to believe that maybe he didn't have this murder planned ahead of time but with all that he did afterwards, truly makes me believe he had some kind of experience at murdering like this before.

For one thing, if A's clothes were in a pile in the floor beside the chair, then, why did he bother to take her clothes off if he beat her with a brick and then stored her in the freezer. She would of easily stored in the freezer with her clothes on and less evidence laying around as well.

ETA: Don't know where the dismembering happened in the trailer, I was picturing kitchen but probably bath tub.
Also, now that we know he killed her a whole 24 hours before she was reported missing according to the affidavit, he had a lot more time to plan to take the entire body further away and dispose of it, no?

Next, if he did beat her to death with a brick outside, why? She was a very small child. If he did something to her that caused her to run out the door to get away from him, he could have easily scooped her up and put his hand over her mouth to shut her up and took her back in. But instead, he had time to find a brick laying around and beat her outside? I'm not buying that at all. I think he killed her in another manner that he's not willing to admit to. A more shameful manner. JMO.

Next, it was mentioned when the story first broke that he did have a car. I want to know, since it was less than a mile to the store, did he put the pieces of her that he was taking to the dumpster in his car or did he just walk and carry a trash bag? And if so, supposedly the disposing of her in the dumpster took place close to 6:30 a.m., would he not be worried that since the mother lived two doors down that she may be up or the stepfather and see his car leaving, or that anyone would see him walking? Also, he just happened to have all these freezer bags at home?

Also, i lived in a trailer when I was first married. Even when you walk lightly in a mobile home, the whole thing shakes. I know a hacksaw doesn't make much noise, but the thought of sawing up bones and all, makes me think the trailer would be shaking and the walls are paper thin, he took a chance on the other two hearing him or the neighbors, since the mobile homes are two feet apart from each other.

Lastly, I realize we don't know all there is to know that LE knows, but they did send in bloodhounds, which I know are NOT cadaver dogs, but wouldn't the bloodhounds have tracked her scent in his car or to the dumpter or to the freezer or went crazy on his kitchen floor. I can tell the kitchen is smack dab in the middle of the mobile home, which most are, so the two girls could have easily heard this. It is scary to think what they may have witnessed.

And, beating her to death out front. Where was the blood? That would have been really obvious I would think and somebody would have seen him outside scrubbing with bleach, I would think.

What I'm getting to is, I think he had some kind of help with this. I'm not so sure his trailer is where he cut her up. Maybe a friend's shed??? Makes no sense if he was willing to leave the other two and go to the store to dispose of part of her remains, then why not go even farther and dispose of her entire body. I think there is a sick reason he kept the parts he did and I don't think it was for identification reasons. I'm leaning toward the links a few of you posted about the sexual gratification of dismembering a body after the sexual assault.

Guess we all have a lot more questions than answers. I just think LE was truly great in this case and solved it very fast. I wish there was closure, no matter the outcome with all of the cases, like there was with this one and poor little Tyler Dasher.

Sorry for typos or sounding confusing but it's past my bedtime and I have a one year old and four year old to babysit tomorrow. I'll stay off of fb while I have them for sure. Who has the time for all the fb games when you do have little ones. And my little ones aren't even mine, but I'm going to hug them extra tight tomorrow.

All JMO.

ETA: Well duh, I just added an ETA onto this post and accidentally reposted the whole thing with the ETA, over there on the next page too>>>>>>>>>>> Sorry about that.

Here's my two cent. Rather than have to worry about where sex offenders are going to live and how they will be monitored to be sure they don't offend again, maybe we should work on some laws that say, people that get caught selling cocaine or other drugs be put on a list as Registered Drug Dealer and let them free in society, rather than lock them up in prison for 20 years, and replace those spaces for drug dealers who are now in prison, for sex offenders instead. Let the drug dealers live among society and be registered and lock up the sex offenders for years on end. I surely do not like drug dealers but I sure would be less scared of living around a previous drug dealer than living around a previous sex offender. However, if the drug dealer sold to children, then let them serve out a longer sentence, but otherwise, drug dealers or users are not nearly as dangerous to our children or society as RSO's are as long as they are not selling and dealing or contributing to our children using drugs. JMO, and I'm sure a lot will disagree but makes more sense to me than all this craziness with so many RSO's all over the place free to go about their business as they please.

Great post! Agree wholeheartedly. Truly, sex offenders should be locked up for life, at least for more than a few years. If MP is a convicted sex offender, it just supports that concept even more.

And, if grampa had been locked up for life, he wouldn't have cozied up to MP and this could have possibly been prevented.

But, a few states have tried to pass such laws. The cost is what stops life in prison laws for serious sex offenders, from being passed. Yet drug dealers can get decades in prison. Decades. The monster who killed Amber Dubois and Chelsea King served only six years for raping and beating a 13 year old child half to death. Something is so wrong about this.

On another subject, NG was great today. (Just watching now. Thanks PattyG!) She hollered about how mommy let her babies stay for a week with a family "friend" and now Aliahna is dead. The intensity with which she delivered that statement was magnificent.

Yes, NG often goes overboard and I don't watch her too much anymore as a result, but millions of people do and I really feel that someone in the same situation Aliahna's family was in might take notice of such a powerful statement and think twice about who they expose their children to.

Here's my two cent. Rather than have to worry about where sex offenders are going to live and how they will be monitored to be sure they don't offend again, maybe we should work on some laws that say, people that get caught selling cocaine or other drugs be put on a list as Registered Drug Dealer and let them free in society, rather than lock them up in prison for 20 years, and replace those spaces for drug dealers who are now in prison, for sex offenders instead. Let the drug dealers live among society and be registered and lock up the sex offenders for years on end. I surely do not like drug dealers but I sure would be less scared of living around a previous drug dealer than living around a previous sex offender. However, if the drug dealer sold to children, then let them serve out a longer sentence, but otherwise, drug dealers or users are not nearly as dangerous to our children or society as RSO's are as long as they are not selling and dealing or contributing to our children using drugs. JMO, and I'm sure a lot will disagree but makes more sense to me than all this craziness with so many RSO's all over the place free to go about their business as they please.
In some states, there are Registered Narcotic Offenders lists. These drug lists are for the worst of the worst, people who make meth repeatably, etc..

Drug offenders are being released due to overcrowding. There is no comparison between drug offenders, and SO, one has nothing to do with the other.

I have much harsher sentences going on in my brain for sex offenders, and for murderer's of children. I only have one thought for this "suspect"..preying on a disable child, murdering her, cutting her up and storing her in freezer bags...and the thoughts are not good, but well deserving. There is no place on this planet for MP, NONE!!

RIP Aliahna :heartbeat: Every single person in your world, failed you. I am truly sorry. Go with God. Play with the Angels. Watch over your sisters.

Not sure if this has been discussed but a huge alarm bell went off right from the get go. When little Aliahna was described as having PTSD? What has this child been thru :banghead: Was there ever any explanation given I may have missed. There is much more to this horrific story IMO :furious: Grandma infuriated me on NG. She came across defending the Perp vigorously yet spoke of little Aliahna being a sleep walker etc. etc.

How does grandma know the suspect to begin with? I find it very strange that grandma was defending the suspect on national TV. Especially considering the suspect is a convicted felon. I realize it was before the parts of the body were found, but still very strange, IMO.

Egad, the mom looks twice her age.

I know it isn't relevant. Except maybe to say that she was also subject to a scary kind of hard life.

Of course, you'd think that would make one more vigilant. But who has the time, what with Farmville and all.

WOW - 28! When I first saw her I thought her to be about my age (48). She must not be well.

I just can't get over the fact that this trailer park of two dozen had literally a SO in nearly every address. Mom made the decision to bring her children there while knowing this fact. I understand she may have wanted to be by her father, but what's more important. A grown man who can seemingly take care of himself with the help of his SO friends, or the innocence of 3 beautiful young girls.

What about the management of this trailer park. How are they allowed to rent to all these SO's? Those girls must have looked like candy to the lot of them, and that just sickens me. Because we all know that the majority of SO's cannot ever be rehabilitated and the re-offender rate is sickening.

I hope the remaining children are as far away from that park as possible.

MOO

Mel

She knew it could be dangerous. The park of about two dozen homes was teeming with convicted sex offenders, with one living at nearly every address. She worried about neighbors with sex offense records who had been helping her father get by, according to trailer park residents. And before she arrived, she even asked her father if her children could be at risk for abuse from two specific men - including a suspect now accused in her daughter's death.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...murder-suspect-article-1.997669#ixzz1hoI02Fnm

Sorry, double post, but my ETA at the bottom is what I was trying to do.

Can somebody help me here with this? I've seen a lot of postings that are saying MP maybe snapped, acted out of rage, and none of this seemed very well thought out. There are a few things I'm having trouble with which lead me to believe that maybe he didn't have this murder planned ahead of time but with all that he did afterwards, truly makes me believe he had some kind of experience at murdering like this before.

For one thing, if A's clothes were in a pile in the floor beside the chair, then, why did he bother to take her clothes off if he beat her with a brick and then stored her in the freezer. She would of easily stored in the freezer with her clothes on and less evidence laying around as well.

Next, if he did beat her to death with a brick outside, why? She was a very small child. If he did something to her that caused her to run out the door to get away from him, he could have easily scooped her up and put his hand over her mouth to shut her up and took her back in. But instead, he had time to find a brick laying around and beat her outside? I'm not buying that at all. I think he killed her in another manner that he's not willing to admit to. A more shameful manner. JMO.

Next, it was mentioned when the story first broke that he did have a car. I want to know, since it was less than a mile to the store, did he put the pieces of her that he was taking to the dumpster in his car or did he just walk and carry a trash bag? And if so, supposedly the disposing of her in the dumpster took place close to 6:30 a.m., would he not be worried that since the mother lived two doors down that she may be up or the stepfather and see his car leaving, or that anyone would see him walking? Also, he just happened to have all these freezer bags at home?

Also, i lived in a trailer when I was first married. Even when you walk lightly in a mobile home, the whole thing shakes. I know a hacksaw doesn't make much noise, but the thought of sawing up bones and all, makes me think the trailer would be shaking and the walls are paper thin, he took a chance on the other two hearing him or the neighbors, since the mobile homes are two feet apart from each other.

Lastly, I realize we don't know all there is to know that LE knows, but they did send in bloodhounds, which I know are NOT cadaver dogs, but wouldn't the bloodhounds have tracked her scent in his car or to the dumpter or to the freezer or went crazy on his kitchen floor. I can tell the kitchen is smack dab in the middle of the mobile home, which most are, so the two girls could have easily heard this. It is scary to think what they may have witnessed.

And, beating her to death out front. Where was the blood? That would have been really obvious I would think and somebody would have seen him outside scrubbing with bleach, I would think.

What I'm getting to is, I think he had some kind of help with this. I'm not so sure his trailer is where he cut her up. Maybe a friend's shed??? Makes no sense if he was willing to leave the other two and go to the store to dispose of part of her remains, then why not go even farther and dispose of her entire body. I think there is a sick reason he kept the parts he did and I don't think it was for identification reasons. I'm leaning toward the links a few of you posted about the sexual gratification of dismembering a body after the sexual assault.

Guess we all have a lot more questions than answers. I just think LE was truly great in this case and solved it very fast. I wish there was closure, no matter the outcome with all of the cases, like there was with this one and poor little Tyler Dasher.

Sorry for typos or sounding confusing but it's past my bedtime and I have a one year old and four year old to babysit tomorrow. I'll stay off of fb while I have them for sure. Who has the time for all the fb games when you do have little ones. And my little ones aren't even mine, but I'm going to hug them extra tight tomorrow.

All JMO.

ETA: Was just picturing the dismembering took place in kitchen. Was probably in bath tub. Since we now know he killed her 24 hours before she was reported missing, you would think he would have planned on taking the body somewhere to dispose of instead of the way he did it. Less chance of getting caught.

I'm not buying that at all. I think he killed her in another manner that he's not willing to admit to. A more shameful manner. JMO.

Snipped heavily by me for space. I agree with your whole post. But especially the part I left above. I don't buy it for a moment, either.

My instinct is that he was molesting her for a long time. She probably got "too upset" that night due to what he was doing and he felt he had to kill her to maintain his freedom.

I was open to anything in this case but clearly he seemed like the most likely. The facts as they came out pointed more towards him. His lie about leaving three kids alone but refusing to leave two alone a few hours before. His eerie statement about Aliahna having night terrors and crying for her mama. His criminal record. Then, his fugitive status. His deep friendship with a child molesting grampa.

I don't believe this beast simply "snapped". There is too much pointing to something even more horrific than we already know.

Darn, I will never forget that feeling when I read on FB that her body had been found in his trailer and that he had been arrested. The cold, sick, quiet anger. I had to leave for awhile, because that anger and sadness was boiling into rage. I will simply never understand.

Aliahna, sweet baby girl, this one's for you:
crying-angel.jpg

Not sure if this has been discussed but a huge alarm bell went off right from the get go. When little Aliahna was described as having PTSD? What has this child been thru :banghead: Was there ever any explanation given I may have missed. There is much more to this horrific story IMO :furious: Grandma infuriated me on NG. She came across defending the Perp vigorously yet spoke of little Aliahna being a sleep walker etc. etc.

It has been discussed but we haven't had an answer. It bothered me that interviewers never asked. It was a serious clanging alarm bell for me as well. Combined with the status of their believed grandfather, I feel there is something very wrong here. More wrong than just a bad decision in a babysitter. But, I'm not sure. Usually, things are as ludicrously simple as they appear.

http://news.yahoo.com/slain-ind-girls-grandfather-sex-offender-231213496.html

To assist her dying father, Tarah Souders made a choice: She moved her three young girls to a run-down trailer park in rural Indiana to help take care of him as his lungs rotted from emphysema.

She knew it could be dangerous. The park of about two dozen homes was teeming with convicted sex offenders, with one living at nearly every address. She worried about neighbors with sex offense records who had been helping her father get by, according to trailer park residents. And before she arrived, she even asked her father ( an RSO ) if her children could be at risk for abuse from two specific men — including a suspect now accused in her daughter's death.

A state website shows that 15 registered sex offenders live in the park that numbers about two dozen homes. Self-identified sex offenders living at the trailer park said Tuesday that they were given maps by the Indiana Department of Corrections and a local mission showing them where it was OK to live.

--why would she ask her father if the "trusted family friend" would be a risk ??

--the RSO's are given a map on where TO live...??

It has been discussed but we haven't had an answer. It bothered me that interviewers never asked. It was a serious clanging alarm bell for me as well. Combined with the status of their believed grandfather, I feel there is something very wrong here. More wrong than just a bad decision in a babysitter. But, I'm not sure. Usually, things are as ludicrously simple as they appear.

I think the whole thing smacks of ditch water seeking it's own level.

Gpa made sure to live somewhere that he could be with like-minded pervs. And TS made darned sure she hand-delivered her babies into the hands of this monster and his sicko friends.

Too many coincidences and ties between all these family members and friends to not think there was something evil afoot.

Agree. Afraid the history will be horrifying too. My heart breaks for the surviving sisters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther