IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our kids have a code word if things are not ok when they are spending the night away from home (which has only happened 3 times in 11 years, yep even with relatives). They know if they say that word, i will drop everything and come get them, break down the door if necessary.
We have always had a code word as well. And even though my son is 27 and the father of three, if I hear that word out of his mouth, I'm calling the law and heading out the door to his house!

First time I've posted after following the thread from day one.

IMO it will be some time before we know if she was sexually molested or not as it has been indicated she was cut into small pieces. (I hate typing that.) I'm sure there
will be alot of precise lab work involved.

I am so hoping not as the poor child suffered enough. This whole scenario makes me sick. Between the family life, and her issues, it is heart breaking.

Her presents stuck under the Christmas tree according to Nancy? Where does she get it from? Did this guy even set up a Christmas tree for these children he was babysitting?

I just caught the end of Nancy Grace. Some woman was on justifying a psych eval of MP saying that yes, he hid the identifying parts of Aliahna but he hid them in his own freezer, and that he didn't have a violent record.

Really, lady? First of all, he likely hid them in his freezer because he didn't have a chance yet to get them out and hide them in different locations all over the county as he undoubtedly planned. It took hours to freeze her and chop her to pieces (after which he had a relaxing little, nap). By then the girls were awake. Soon, Aliahna was reported missing and he had all eyes on him. No opportunity to hide the evidence.

And he most certainly did have a violent record. battery of a firefighter or law enforcement official is "violent".

It burns me up when illogical or ill informed statements like that lady made are allowed to go unchallenged, especially when such public statement could influence a future jury. (Although, I am not TOO worried about that in this horrific case). I'm just sick of excuses and justifications. Nothing justifies a thing like this. MP knew full well, IMO, what he was doing. He coldly executed his plan after his fun house of terror was coming to an end when the girls were due to go back home. Ugh.

IMO it will be some time before we know if she was sexually molested or not as it has been indicated she was cut into small pieces. (I hate typing that.) I'm sure there

I am so hoping not as the poor child suffered enough. This whole scenario makes me sick. Between the family life, and her issues, it is heart breaking.

They might never find out depending on what body parts they were able to recover. Pretty sickening, if you ask me.

I don't know. He may have admitted it already, but LE didn't want to inflame an already horrified and rage-filled public.

I wonder what Aliahna's sisters have to say about the "lovely" family friend who "cared" for them so often. I hope LE has good people working to carefully question these babies,without exposing them to further trauma.

http://news.yahoo.com/slain-ind-girls-grandfather-sex-offender-231213496.html

--why would she ask her father if the "trusted family friend" would be a risk ??

--the RSO's are given a map on where TO live...??

Does anyone know if the trailer park was a referral to SO's? If so, why on earth would they also rent to a mommy and 3 little girls? I can't reconcile that. If your a manager don't ya say - RUN, don't walk, outta here.

While the mother may have made a horrible decision, what about family, friends, etc. Someone surely had to know the dangers of her living there!

:waitasec:

MOO

Mel

What other reason would the perp want to spend a week with 3 little girls and ultimately brutally murder one of them. I cant imagine what the siblings have shared with LE about that week and about that "night"

Was this mother paying him for babysitting, or was he doing it for free? I don't know that many single men who are eager to babysit someone else's children, especially for prolonged periods of time.

You are clearly a compassionate and generous person.

That said, and I am sure you would agree, this passes a bit beyond a simple misunderstanding or the betrayal of a friend. She didn't entrust Mike with her checkbook or the keys to her car our house, she gave him her children.

She gave him her children. For a WEEK. A man that she truly hardly knew. She gave him her little girls to feed and nurture, to tuck into their (or his) bed, to bathe and dress and dare I say undress.

Her excuse? She had the flu. Dad was working nights and the kids couldn't be there at night -- not that this makes sense but then none of it makes sense unless you assume that there is more to this story than we are being currently told.

The last time mom saw her daughter was tuesday afternoon after school. Mike killed the girl on thursday morning. Mom didn't even notice the absence until friday evening because, as I said, she gave her daughters to this man.

I would like to know WHY. I don't want to hear about night shifts, because that's absurd on it's face. I don't want to hear about the flu -- of the hundreds of posters following this case not one, not ONE, has ever even considered giving away his or her children because they were sick. It's ridiculous.

Mom gave away her daughters to this man for a reason, and I have no trouble believing that it wasn't the first time.

I fully agree Chris. I was thinking outloud to a time when I unknowingly put myself in danger. It's not something I have done with my child since becoming a parent in circumstanced which weren't hidden. And clearly the facts about the grandfather, grandfathers roommate and community where well known. Not exactly a wolf in sheeps clothing. Mostly wolves in wolves clothing. Still, I don't doubt for a second she will spend many of her remaining moments on this earth wishing she hadn't made the choices she has, and she will punish herself far more than any court system could for those choices.

There are still many many unanswered questions. I for one would like to know when Tarah married her current husband. She and her husband, I add husband because she is currently a married woman and her husband agreed to move with her and I think one of his children to this trailor park. If I have the family dynamics right, I think one of the children was his?

Anyway, the only thing that makes any logical sense (not that it justifies as calling these reasonable choices) was that school acted as a babysitter so she and her hubby could sleep during the day and she could adjust to his hours versus adjusting to two parents in a home being awake on different shifts.

I think this guy was nice enough to fool her and her dh and saw an opportunity present itself by offering to care for the children when he picked up on how they were 'baby sat' by school for 6-7 hours or so a day, allowing her to continue with her schedule fitting her husband rather than her/their children. I think claiming 'the flu' was a knee jerk reaction to tell friends why she allowed her children to be in the care of a convicted felon living among child molestors -who we believe was required to register himself as a sex offender - even if he is currently not required by law to register.

Clearly both she and her husband foolishly believed it wouldn't happen to them and became complacent enough to no longer see the yellow/red flags. And it did-happen- to horrific tragic circumstances beyond her wildest dreams/nightmares.

I still can't help but feel terribly sad for her. I don't know that we'll ever understand why she felt obligated to be there for her dying father. Say rather than move him into the home she and her husband lived in prior to relocating their family to the trailer park.

Very sad all around. :(

I would like to know:
When did mommy come over to see that all three kids were okay?
The last time mommy did see the murder victim?
Why were the three kids there the entire week?
Did anyone from that family come over to ascertain if the kids were okay?
Were bags packed with clothing, etc...?

I am sorry, but the more I read about this, the more I can't help but think that parental neglect played a part in Aliahna's demise. As for the wheel chair? Who knows? I blame MP wholeheartedly. I do. But I wonder why these children were put in that home....with that man...while people were too ill to take care of them but yet playing facebook games.

I cant even wrap my head around the Mother wanting to move near her Father knowing he was an RSO and putting him ahead of her own children :furious: Sure wonder what life was like growing up as Daughter of RSO if you know what i mean :banghead: Unbelievable :furious:

I cant even wrap my head around the Mother wanting to move near her Father knowing he was an RSO and putting him ahead of her own children :furious: Sure wonder what life was like growing up as Daughter of RSO if you know what i mean :banghead: Unbelievable :furious:

My goodness. According to this link, the trailer park was a haven for SO's.

A state website shows that 15 registered sex offenders live in the park that numbers about two dozen homes. Self-identified sex offenders living at the trailer park said Tuesday that they were given maps by the Indiana Department of Corrections and a local mission showing them where it was OK to live. The aerial maps show areas legally away from schools and daycare centers and help guide offenders when they are released from prison to new homes.

My Gawd - if there are any children in that park, they need to be removed IMMEDIATELY. If it happened once, it can happen again.

Does anyone know where the other children are? Are they safe?

My heart is breaking just knowing the horror that lurks there.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...31qHGA?docId=25493145c7404278b357f0defb9074d5

Mel

Cubby you have a big heart. God Bless You. Right now i got nuthin. I feel like Mom served those girls up to any of those RSO's and the killer on a silver platter.

Her presents stuck under the Christmas tree according to Nancy? Where does she get it from? Did this guy even set up a Christmas tree for these children he was babysitting?

I'm watching Sierra's link (thanks Sierra!). My assumption is that Nancy is referring to the presents that may have been at her own home and not the perps.

Which I'm also curious about -- were there any pressies for the children waiting?

MOO

Mel

My goodness. According to this link, the trailer park was a haven for SO's.

A state website shows that 15 registered sex offenders live in the park that numbers about two dozen homes. Self-identified sex offenders living at the trailer park said Tuesday that they were given maps by the Indiana Department of Corrections and a local mission showing them where it was OK to live. The aerial maps show areas legally away from schools and daycare centers and help guide offenders when they are released from prison to new homes.

My Gawd - if there are any children in that park, they need to be removed IMMEDIATELY. If it happened once, it can happen again.

Does anyone know where the other children are? Are they safe?

My heart is breaking just knowing the horror that lurks there.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...31qHGA?docId=25493145c7404278b357f0defb9074d5

Mel

No, we don't know where the other two little girls are and if they are safe. I also question the law-sex offenders are supposed to live in certain areas-that's fine, they have to live somewhere. But it appears there is nothing in the law to prevent people with children from also living in those areas.

I'm watching Sierra's link (thanks Sierra!). My assumption is that Nancy is referring to the presents that may have been at her own home and not the perps.

Which I'm also curious about -- were there any pressies for the children waiting?

MOO

Mel

I personally think Nancy just gets things like that out of thin air. When were these children even supposed to go home? In time to get their supposed Christmas presents?

I wonder what Aliahna's sisters have to say about the "lovely" family friend who "cared" for them so often. I hope LE has good people working to carefully question these babies,without exposing them to further trauma.

I rarely watch Nancy Grace, but I did so tonight since the show was about Aliahna and someone was gracious enough to take the time to record and then post it for us.

I caught that they have brought in forensic psychologists to interview the two other girls in the home. I can only imagine what level of trust that needs to be established here for this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500