Casey's Psych Evals unsealed

Another funny part. Danziger voiced concerns about some of the things Casey told him and what he should do about it, and Ashton said it was information that they needed to know. He said, "We are equally concerned with unsupported allegations of criminal conduct being thrown around in this case". To which Baez responds, "Are you referring to the indictiment?" Burdick asks Baez if he wants to make an a objection, and I laughed out loud at Ashton's response: "No, that's just -- that's Jose being Jose and we're just going to ignore it." :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I was just thinking -- if the felon didn't fire JB she's going to now. From what I've read the Orlando Sentinel filed the motion to unseal these depos on 12/21, and they were released today - without a hearing! Which is pretty much unheard of based on past motions!

She's gotta be throwing some serious fistie bumps about now!!!

MOO

Mel

Did the DT ever file a response to that motion?

Not that I believe what she says, but don't you think some mothers gossip to their daughters about stuff like that? Disturbing I know, but it happens.

dear heaven, I hope not. I get that you're probably right but :sick:

They existed before the words were invented, that's why we needed to invent them. In my opinion, we're talking about the cream of the crop, the Master Bad Seed.

Nah, I think that title still goes to a certain dictator in Germany IMO.

The big question here is who gave him this information - the Defense? Probably because that's who hired him.......Right......:banghead:

It's too bad he didn't end up testifying. The most brilliant cross of an expert I've ever seen was Prosecutor Jambois with a defense psychologist in the Julie Jensen murder.

The good Doctor/;.' made all kinds of statements as "fact" about the victim's mental state based on his review "of materials". The cross was brilliant because Mr. Jambois brought out all of the facts that the Dr. didn't consider. By the end, the Dr. was reversing every opinion he had.

I think this is what would have happened with this dude on the stand. Not that it would have mattered to the Pinellas 12. I just love to see these "Doctors for Hire" reduced to what they truly are... opinions for hire. Truth and facts be damned.

I thought someone was kidding earlier, but it's right there in black and white, Sims saying she overslept and that's why she wasn't at the deposition. Just WOW. This defense team wouldn't know tact if it bit them on the butt!

Oh nooooooooo. They withdrew these two "expert" doctors (and I use that term loosely).....before the prosecution could request that Narcissa be examined by their own doctors.

Narcissa :floorlaugh:

thank you for that x a

from orlando sentinal http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-depositions-20120111,0,4079395.story?page=2

I am very interested that he had such a serious reaction.

Well wouldn't we all. I even said this yesterday. I truly and completely believe Casey to be the embodiment of pure evil. Can you imagine being a kind and caring therapist and being trapped in room and trying to figure out this enigma that is Casey Anthony?

I would imagine all of us would be very disturbed if we had constant contact with the likes of Casey Anthony. Can you imagine how all her friends and ex-boyfriends feel? Probably much of the same right after they learned of Caylee's murder.

Instead, Anthony made another allegation against her father: "I think he held her under water, maybe he was doing something to her and he tried to cover it up."

I haven't read the thread yet but omg. I hadn't realized she also accused george of sexually abusing caylee..or at least that is how it reads to me

There are any number of psychiatric/psychological professionals on this forum and others (not to mention any of us simply noticing her behavior recorded on film from Day 31) that have suspected she has a personality disorder. Those personality tests are not definitive, they can sometimes flag personality disorders but diagnosis is not immediate and many professionals will deliberate or require many many sessions before they specify a diagnosis. Those doctors should have spent a lot more time analyzing her behavior and affect and not simply reporting what she said as if it were true. It's also true that some professionals just are not very good diagnosticians when it comes to subjective evaluations.

IIRC, both of them met with her early on in jail and said she was fine (which is different from having a diagnosable mental illness that could have been used to cop an insanity plea). The DT dredged them up later, probably because they knew their initial work was a bit cursory. When one of the doctors found out he was basically going to be used as a professional mouthpiece for hearsay in court, he refused to testify. The state saw through this rather transparent ploy to avoid putting KC on the stand with her testimony subject to cross and the whole thing fizzled out. Neither of these men were willing to put their reputations on the line to say these things in open court.

A lot of stuff she said in her interviews should have been further analyzed. The fact that she was also "unusually cheerful" during her initial jailhouse interviews - when Caylee was first reported "missing" was a huge red flag, not to mention her incessant preoccupation with herself and her person, the Lady Macbeth hand-rubbing and other physical tics that drove us nuts during all those hearings.

I think what is rankling is that when most people in the general public, not to mention body language experts and other psychological professionals, can immediately see there is something wrong with her (something that the defense had to cover up as "ugly coping") - and her behavior and demeanor and affect are extremely similar to other well-known deviant/sociopath/murderers like Diane Downs, Drew Peterson and Scott Peterson - it would be circumspect and professional to have withheld their opinion pending a more thorough analysis or investigation, particularly since this person was a defendant in a murder trial and their testimony could be critical. This is not a matter of being unduly influenced by the media - anyone who heard her talk on that 911 call got chills from her lack of affect regarding Caylee. Any doctor who didn't take into consideration all of the available evidence of her well-documented behavior over a three-year period was simply doing a sloppy job, imo. If these doctors missed red flags that many others here in the field saw immediately, and were so apparent they stand out to absolutely everyone, then they need to be able to defend their diagnosis with a bit more detail and clarity than they did.

I think their "work" was pretty much on the same level as Dr. Spitz who flapped about in court because a skull was not cracked open and other irrelevant twaddle and gave the general impression of someone whose faculties had all but disappeared.

They were simply being paid to listen to the defendant's lies and to testify in court as if they were true. Sometimes I wish they had been on the stand because I think Linda could have eviscerated their testimony in a few minutes. (Which would have certainly entertained us all, but would have meant nothing apparently to a jury whose members were too bored to even review the evidence before they rushed to verdict).

SPOT ON. GREAT> THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS :woohoo::rocker:

I haven't read the thread yet but omg. I hadn't realized she also accused george of sexually abusing caylee..or at least that is how it reads to me

That is exactly what she was doing - she didn't come right out and say it, but she implied it. Then previous to that, she talked about how she never trusted George alone with her, and rarely trusted either of her parents to care for Caylee alone.

Hmm...I find the last part of that article interesting.

At another point, he said Casey Anthony described being at a party in 2004 and may have had a "spiked" drink because she "backed out."

"She believes that the child – at the time that – that's when that she was impregnated," Weitz said.

Basically, she has NO idea who Caylee's father is. If you can believe her that is. It would explain the fact that a father has never been named.

I've always thought she never knew who Caylee's father was. Casey had the habit of sleeping with multiple partners at one time sometimes hours after each other. I don't think she has any clue.

I've always thought she never knew who Caylee's father was. Casey had the habit of sleeping with multiple partners at one time sometimes hours after each other. I don't think she has any clue.

There's a word for that but we can't use it here lest we get MOD-SNIPPED.
:crazy:

So she then goes on to tell Dr. Danziger that she had her first "real sex" at age 16. But we all know that she told Cindy she couldn't have been pregnant at 18 because gee mom "you have to have sex to get pregnant and i've never had sex".

There isn't an ounce of truth anywhere in this girl's DNA.

Oh and then there is Cindy sitting on the couch in front of Dr. Danziger telling him Casey graduated high school on time and without incident. So...gee.

how do ya like that cindy dearest now your hubby molested your grandaughter ...... now wheres that duct tape ? someone needs shutting up

My God. I'm just getting to read the depos. But I sure hope to hell someone sends these precious little nuggets to Cindy, George and Lee. I think they should all know what precious has to say.

It's worse than that from the Weitz depo. She infers that George had to kill Caylee because Caylee would have told on him. Just horrible and sick.

Could someone please post a working link to Dr. Danzinger's depo. The wesh one wont open for me. TIA :)

I had the same problem earlier. Look in your browser address line and remove the %20. The first link is okay but you have to do this for the other three.

I'm no expert or big believer, for that matter, in all this psycho babble but this Danziger dude's got me confused.

Anthony was in a good mood, he said, had no grandiose or paranoid delusions, no homicidal ideas and had no feelings of guilt.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...s)&utm_content=My Yahoo&utm_source=feedburner

Not wanting to rely solely on my limited recall for fancy words, I went to www.dictionary.com for help.

par·a·noi·a

1. Psychiatry . a mental disorder characterized by systematized delusions and the projection of personal conflicts, which are ascribed to the supposed hostility of others, sometimes progressing to disturbances of consciousness and aggressive acts believed to be performed in self-defense or as a mission.

gran·di·ose

4. Psychiatry . having an exaggerated belief in one's importance, sometimes reaching delusional proportions, and occurring as a common symptom of mental illnesses, as manic disorder.

He says it wasn't her, but damn if those words, systematized delusions and exaggerated belief in one's importance, don't seem to fit a lot of what his patient had to say in this "evaluation"

*ETA* The more I think about it, that "no feelings of guilt" part's got to play in there, big time, as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K2Bupallnt
Back