GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post, so I hope I'm doing this right.

This is SO confusing! What do they mean about holding out hope she's alive but its been so long? Sounds like they maybe left her somewhere alive?
I can't imagine what this poor family is going through. Such a creepy confusing crime!

:welcome:

(Go Pokes!) :D

I think maybe the perps are saying they hit her with their car and she died of those injuries....in other words, they took her, but she died due to the "accident", not due to anything they did to her after. Without a body, they can't necessarily dispute that. I worry we won't see murder charges unless they find her body and get an autopsy.

jmo

Agree. They might be leading LE on a wild goose chase in trying to find her. The line of trees may be where they stopped to take a pee somewhere....for all we know. :maddening:

Wonder if the truck they used had GPS tracking?

For Waters:

Charge 1

Charge Description:
HOLD FOR MONTANA

Charge Count: ME: Waiting to find her, imo.

Charge Level:
Unknown

Charge 2

Charge Description:
HOLD FOR MONTANA (AGGRAVATED KIDNAPING)

Charge Count:

Charge Level:
Felony

For Spell:

Charge 1

Charge Description:
AGG. KIDNAPPING

Charge Count:

Charge Level:
Felony

https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/initSearchForm.do?siteId=35000

Due to freckle type marks,etc., I say probably. But he looks like he had cosmetic eyr surgery.

LOL .. just catching up, but if THAT change in appearance is due to cosmetic surgery .. we need to fire a doctor! :floorlaugh:

The FBI plans to hold a news conference at midday Monday on the arrest of two Colorado men in connection with the disappearance of a Montana teacher.

The briefing is scheduled for noon central time in Williston, N.D., where 47-year-old Lester Vann Waters Jr. and 22-year-old Michael Keith Spell are being held. They’re from Parachute, Colo.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/n...ntana_teachers_body/srvc=home&position=recent

Just a thought .. and absolutely no facts to back this up.

I wonder if Spell was somewhat of an unwilling participant. He could have been caught up in something MUCH bigger than he expected, was scared and confused and separated from the situation when he could.

I feel like he's the one giving LE info .. but was either freaked out or not there when she was disposed of.

WE haven't been able to find a record on him, correct. And it was interesting to me that they have "arrested" Waters, but are "questioning" Spell.

We have to find Sherry ......

I wonder if Spell was somewhat of an unwilling participant. He could have been caught up in something MUCH bigger than he expected, was scared and confused and separated from the situation when he could.

I feel like he's the one giving LE info .. but was either freaked out or not there when she was disposed of.

WE haven't been able to find a record on him, correct. And it was interesting to me that they have "arrested" Waters, but are "questioning" Spell.

I thought they arrested both of them. Although, I think you are right the younger one is the one that is talking. Is there a live feed for the news conference for today?

The FBI arrested both of them. They're both charged with Aggravated Kidnapping.

I had a traveling meat salesman ring my doorbell when we were stationed in Kansas..! I found it strange that they were selling meat door to door

Reports that Sherry's body has not been located is disheartening and frustrating :( I can't imagine what this family is going through and hope that they are privy to more information than the public. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

If it was an accident then one of them is responsible for hitting her and the other was just a passenger.

Waters has a history of hit and run, so with nothing more to go on I think he is the one most likely to have been driving and with the most motivation for taking Sherry instead of doing the right thing. But since both of them didn't do anything to help Sherry they are both equally guilty.

I have a really hard time with the unwilling participant thing because when another persons life is on the line you'd think he would have grown a pair. But I see what you're saying.

I remember reading they were questioning one, while the other was arrested but as of now they are both charged.

Was the family member misquoted a day or two ago who was relieved to have her back? Which made us think she must have been found??

Was the family member misquoted a day or two ago who was relieved to have her back? Which made us think she must have been found??

Yes, I read a quote in one of the newspaper articles where her husband said something like "this isn't the way we wanted to bring her home". That sounded like she'd been found. However, maybe he was just saying it that way since they'd been told she was likely deceased and was just saying what he said because of that. I thought that was odd also to later hear she had not been found yet.

LE knows something, though, to make them say they don't think she is alive. At least I hope they have some really strong reason to say something like that to the family.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member