State vs Jason Lynn Young: weekend discussion 11-25 Feb 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
So agree, and they must also take stock of just how many coincidences it takes to reach the point of *unreasonable*. How many of these coincidences, added together, become reasonable doubt.

This has nothing to do with this particular post but you have repeatedly stated concerns regarding Mr. G. and I have to agree.

Where was this dog during all this time?

What DNA exactly?

Testimony from Shawn Weiss that there was male DNA that didn't match JY or MY.

(I'm re-watching right now) he also says they could exclude JY and MY from the mixture DNA on the jewelery box.

It is the wear pattern that matches a particular shoe print to a particular shoe. However, in order to make that 1-1 match, you need an actual shoe worn by a suspect to compare to the print. The HP oribitals that JY owned went missing, therefore, no way for the analyst to say that JY's shoe made that imprint.

There is no question that JY owned a shoe of the same type that left the print - there is a receipt to prove it. Luckily for him, he ditched those shoes before the police seized his belongings on the night of 11/3/06. Fortunately for the prosecution there were so few size 12 orbitals sold, that the probability that same random killer who was in Raleigh owned a pair just like the victim's husband is prohibitively low.

Yup 1 1/2 years before. Again another issue for me especially when I find out that stuff was regularily donated and that there were other shoes with the exact same tread.

Thus I have concerns.

This has nothing to do with this particular post but you have repeatedly stated concerns regarding Mr. G. and I have to agree.

Where was this dog during all this time?

I was wondering this as well. Did they ask Meredith where she found the dog when she got to the house? All I remember is that she said Mr. G was "going crazy" when she got there. Then that she took him outside with her and CY.

For some reason the second part of that didn't show up, but I agree. Based on the evidence there is nothing to conclude that one person made both sets of the prints, so the jury would probably assume that there were two people.

Whether or not they conclude that JY was there or that the two sets create reasonable doubt remains to be seen.

Do you not think there's evidence that whoever did this changed before leaving the master bedroom? If not, do you have any thoughts on how all the evidence was limited to the upstairs?
I wouldn't say there's nothing to conclude one person made both set of prints. I think the evidence says jy changed upstairs, therefore, I think it's reasonable to believe he could be responsible for the 2nd print. His whole mo was to mislead and fool investigators... That's how he thinks, according to his family and friends. He's a prankster... That's just how I was able to conclude that only one person made both set of prints, among many other things.

Yup 1 1/2 years before. Again another issue for me especially when I find out that stuff was regularily donated and that there were other shoes with the exact same tread.

Thus I have concerns.

You found out that stuff was regularly donated? Is that because that's what JY testified to it? He lied to cover up his cheating - you can bet he'd lie to cover up murder.

BTW, prosecution showed that years later, he still owned those beat-up sneakers (with holes in them) that he bought at the same time as the orbitals. Why get rid of a relatively new pair of shoes when you kept old beat up ones for 4-5 years??

When WRAL prints their story of the trial each day, they have a comment section below.

It is called GOLO.

The posts there are wild, some of them anyway.

I think they would argue over anything.

:)

I will add. . . wral ;redundant rants that lack total objectivity, makes you wonder, who are these people, lol.

Karen Morrow, the state's expert said without the shoes she could not make an exact match.

When the defense asked her if she was telling the Jury, the shoes were a match, she said NO.

The sheetrock expert said he could not tell how long the print had been there, it could have been there for years.

If you really want to know about the sheetrock print you should look at the picture. The jury will.

The prosecution does not need to have every single piece to the puz zle (only the killer has that). They only need enough pieces for the jury to see what the puzzle shows. Hopefully, they can see that the puzzle pieces the prosecution have put together make it clear that it shows that JY is guilty.

I want to make certain that my post was not misinterpreted. I know that Jason Young is guilty as charged, and my reply was to a poster who I believe feels the same, but maintains a better sense of decorum than I do. :) My sarcasm was meant to mock the argument of two random killers because two random killers with bloody shoes would not only leave tracks in one place. Jason planted the size 10 prints for one obvious reason. He very likely never intended to leave his extremely rare hush puppy print. For all his planning, Jason was a little too neat in committing the crime. Now it is the prosecution's job to close the deal, and my thoughts and hopes are that we have 12 intelligent people with common sense, and that their BS meters are on this week.

Oh, and I agree 100% with your summation quoted here.

You found out that stuff was regularly donated? Is that because that's what JY testified to it? He lied to cover up his cheating - you can bet he'd lie to cover up murder.

BTW, prosecution showed that years later, he still owned those beat-up sneakers (with holes in them) that he bought at the same time as the orbitals. Why get rid of a relatively new pair of shoes when you kept old beat up ones for 4-5 years??

These light brown slip-ons were found in his car.
Look worn out too me.
Wonder why these weren't tossed to charity?

You are right.
JLY is a proven liar, so anything he said on the stand can't be trusted.

Capture-30.jpg

Testimony from Shawn Weiss that there was male DNA that didn't match JY or MY.

(I'm re-watching right now) he also says they could exclude JY and MY from the mixture DNA on the jewelery box.

I'm sure there was. Did they buy their house as new construction or was it resale? Did they ever have their carpets cleaned, any repairs made, painting done? Did they have get-togethers/parties at their house?

The PT team did not object. It was testified that there were bags in the garage ready to be donated which where never examined.

If this was not the case would you not think the PT would of presented someone to discount this?

Do you not think there's evidence that whoever did this changed before leaving the master bedroom? If not, do you have any thoughts on how all the evidence was limited to the upstairs?
I wouldn't say there's nothing to conclude one person made both set of prints. I think the evidence says jy changed upstairs, therefore, I think it's reasonable to believe he could be responsible for the 2nd print. His whole mo was to mislead and fool investigators... That's how he thinks, according to his family and friends. He's a prankster... That's just how I was able to conclude that only one person made both set of prints, among many other things.

Are you talking about evidence that JY's closet door was open?

As far as evidence being limited to upstairs, I would guess that someone did change clothes. Or the attacker(s) could have put bags over their feet or something(obviously I'm just speculating)...it seems like a through clean-up wasn't done because of MY's blood being found on the door leading to the garage.

I don't think it ultimately matters if he made both prints, since IIRC the jury in the first trial was instructed that they could return a guilty verdict even if they think there were two attackers, but that JY was one of them.

These light brown slip-ons were found in his car.
Look worn out too me.
Wonder why these weren't tossed to charity?

You are right.
JLY is a proven liar, so anything he said on the stand can't be trusted.

Capture-30.jpg

Except these same shoes come in differnet colours and there are shoes that have the same tread. We as well were not told how long they used this tread in their shoes. Was it one year? Two years? Three years?

In fact do we know if the prints found where indeed made by a brown shoe? Could they have been made by a black shoe?

I don't think it ultimately matters if he made both prints, since IIRC the jury in the first trial was instructed that they could return a guilty verdict even if they think there were two attackers, but that JY was one of them.

This is true...the judge made that charge.

Except these same shoes come in differnet colours and there are shoes that have the same tread. We as well were not told how long they used this tread in their shoes. Was it one year? Two years? Three years?

In fact do we know if the prints found where indeed made by a brown shoe? Could they have been made by a black shoe?

I will repost what I posted upthread.....

Any HP shoe is rare in the Raleigh area.
DSW carried the Orbital (195 pair) and 2-3 other small boutique shoe shops sold any other. That would include the rare Belville and Sealy that used the same sole

You are right. In fact what struck me about the photos of the shoe prints is that it appears there is little to no wear on them. There were also other shoes that had the same sole.

I must repeat again it is the wear pattern that matches the shoe to the person.

If that's the case, and it turns out there's little to no wear on the print, then that will go along with many of our theories, that he lied about them being worn... So, why would he have MY donate them to GW???

It is the wear pattern that matches a particular shoe print to a particular shoe. However, in order to make that 1-1 match, you need an actual shoe worn by a suspect to compare to the print. The HP oribitals that JY owned went missing, therefore, no way for the analyst to say that JY's shoe made that imprint.

There is no question that JY owned a shoe of the same type that left the print - there is a receipt to prove it. Luckily for him, he ditched those shoes before the police seized his belongings on the night of 11/3/06. Fortunately for the prosecution there were so few size 12 orbitals sold, that the probability that some random killer who was in Raleigh owned a pair just like the victim's husband is prohibitively low.

Wasn't there two other HP shoes other then orbitals that were made with the exact shoe soles? Everyone tends to forget this and only discuss how rare the orbital was. If I am wrong I am sure some one will correct me.

I'm sure there was. Did they buy their house as new construction or was it resale? Did they ever have their carpets cleaned, any repairs made, painting done? Did they have get-togethers/parties at their house?

I think they probably bought it as resale...not sure for certain but I don't think they were in a newly built neighborhood.

I'm sure they had get-togethers. I think they also checked DNA against Meredith(since she was at the crime scene,) Michelle Money, and a bunch of others.

These look like the HP orbitals to me....good shape and now missing.

Capture-42.jpg

Capture-45.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members