trial thread; 3/6/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised in cross with the police officer he only asked one question, if he was an expert. Methinks there is probably one waiting in the wings.

Does it really take an expert to recognize the same car in three different video tapes? :waitasec:

MOO

It all hinges on a dark-coloured car that Det. Constable Brocanier glimpsed on video several times near the school.

The first sighting was around 3:05 p.m., as the car travelled down the street outside Oliver Stephens. Then, about 15 minutes later, video from a nearby Esso station showed a similar vehicle pulling in, sporting distinctive black rims and a tinted rear window, and driven by a person in a white top.

Shortly after 3:30 p.m
., other video showed a dark car pulling into the parking lot of Caressant Care retirement home, up the block from Oliver Stephens. About a minute and a half later, Tori and Ms. McClintic walked by and additional footage, the officer said, showed the pair walking toward the retirement home.

Seconds later, the dark car pulled out of the lot.

If his hunches are correct, the entire abduction took less than three minutes.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ictoria-stafford-was-abducted/article2360263/

So, TLM must be on the CASS video concurrently while "someone else" is driving the car at the same time, in one of the other videos.

Rodney Stafford on Day Two

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/03/06/19468626.html

I just watched this video and within the last minute of the video Rodney speaks of keeping this about Tori and keeping this about protecting our children! He is such a selfless person, at a time when he could be wallowing in self pity for everything he has to listen to in that court room from day to day he is still speaking about doing this to keep children safe! Hats off to you Rodney!!!!

Hopefully all of the media outlets listened to RS's last comment on the video, I hope to see JUSTICE FOR TORI on all of the headlines instead of MTR's name.

Does it really take an expert to recognize the same car in three different video tapes? :waitasec:

MOO

It can if an expert has the skill and equipment to enhance the footage to show it might not be the same car? IMO

I was surprised in cross with the police officer he only asked one question, if he was an expert. Methinks there is probably one waiting in the wings.

I agree. Most police forces have video/CCTV forensic experts that seize and examine video surveillance data.

So, TLM must be on the CASS video concurrently while "someone else" is driving the car at the same time, in one of the other videos.

Exactly, "someone else" is driving the car, because TLM can't be at two places at the same time, as pointed out by Kamille and yourself. JMO

Outside the courthouse, Stafford thanked Murrel effusively.

“The way she explained Victoria is the way I myself could not . . . because she saw Victoria on a daily basis whereas as I did not,” said Stafford. “The little happy girl, mother hen. Perfect. Perfect. That’s how she was with her smaller cousins.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/a...ust-a-lovely-little-girl-teacher-recalls?bn=1

It can if an expert has the skill and equipment to enhance the footage to show it might not be the same car? IMO

I think the forensic expert will be coming up in the future to discuss the video tapes in more detail. From the article by Christie Blatchford http://www.canada.com/Blatchford+Mo...murder+trial/6260868/story.html#ixzz1oOLNbSSZ

He wasn't the expert — whenever he found something of interest on the video, he'd send it onto the forensic analyst. He was the expert's footman.

At this point, I'm not buying that it was a different car. How did TOri's blood end up IN HIS car?? Unless the suggestion is that a different car was used to abduct her and drive her to MF?

Even though this post kind of goes against the very thing Rodney is saying here, it gives a glimpse of what people are seeing Rafferty do in the courtroom.

“The way she described Victoria is a way I couldn’t, because she saw Victoria on a daily basis and I didn’t,” he said. “She described Victoria to a T.”

He stressed that he was anxious to keep the focus on his slain daughter rather than Mr. Rafferty, who once again during Tuesday’s testimony occasionally flashed strange smiles in the courtroom.

Tori’s mother, Tara McDonald, 33, is expected to testify on Wednesday.

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/n...asy-jury-hears/article2360263/?service=mobile
http://m.theglobeandmail.com/news/n...asy-jury-hears/article2360263/?service=mobile

I think the forensic expert will be coming up in the future to discuss the video tapes in more detail. From the article by Christie Blatchford http://www.canada.com/Blatchford+Mo...murder+trial/6260868/story.html#ixzz1oOLNbSSZ

He wasn't the expert — whenever he found something of interest on the video, he'd send it onto the forensic analyst. He was the expert's footman.

And the defence will have their own expert too. It will be interesting to me who has the cooler equipment, just going by my 20 years of video and television production experience :)

At this point, I'm not buying that it was a different car. How did TOri's blood end up IN HIS car?? Unless the suggestion is that a different car was used to abduct her and drive her to MF?

You are going by what was said in the opening statement. No evidence has been presented on blood analysis and no cross examination has occurred yet.

Rodney Stafford on Day Two

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/raffertytrial/2012/03/06/19468626.html

I just watched this video and within the last minute of the video Rodney speaks of keeping this about Tori and keeping this about protecting our children! He is such a selfless person, at a time when he could be wallowing in self pity for everything he has to listen to in that court room from day to day he is still speaking about doing this to keep children safe! Hats off to you Rodney!!!!

Victoria Elizabeth Stafford would be so proud of her father.

Everyone should watch that video. :(

It will be interesting to see whether or not information posted on here by MR's friends supports what the evidence shows during this trial, such as information about the car and the car seat. JMO

Cynthia Mulligan is watching Rafferty like a hawk and tweeting what he does. I'm sure others noticed his crying today but she posted every time he moved his glasses around to wipe his eyes.

He was probably told by his lawyer to "act" sympathetic in front of the jury, I'm sure he was coached extensively in victim etiquette (I'm sure he thinks he's the victim).

It will be interesting to see whether or not information posted on here by MR's friends supports what the evidence shows during this trial, such as information about the car and the car seat. JMO

I imagine most of those friends will be called to testify. Luckily we have in writing what they have previously said to us here. It will be interesting to see if it matches still.

It is interesting to me that none of the media have reported that any member of MTR's family is in court to support him!

As I recall, initially, they were supportive and were assisting him in finding a lawyer.
(I cannot remember where I read that, though!) :(

ITA. Everything we know so far indicates that this (especially the murder) was not premeditated. Aside from the gas purchase and ABM withdrawal, most obvious is the need to purchase the garbage bags and hammer. One would be hard-pressed to find a home that didn't have at least one of these items. Why not bring them from home? Neither of the accused had a lot of money to waste.

Actually, I'm confounded by the necessity for a hammer at all. IF MTR did the killing, a tiny 8 year-old would be no match for a grown man's hands, KWIM? (I apologize for the mental image!) There was no need for a weapon or the ensuing blood.

JMO

The video showing MR withdrawing money at the PetroCan ATM, TLM using the self service checkout at HD to purchase the hammer and garbage bags, paying with $40 in cash. This shows premeditation. The fact TLM was on video at 5:12pm and Tori died thereafter, shows premeditation. Very likely, like some murderers MR and/or TLM may have received some sickening, sadistic thrill from using the hammer. There are some murders who "get off" so to speak on gore, the violence and the adrenal rush it produces. IMHO TLM and/or MR are masochistic. They could have bought rope as it would have been cheaper but it would not produce the effects which thrilled them. Again, IMHO MR could have used his man's hands but desired what I mentioned above.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article...fic-details-of-slaying-revealed-as-case-opens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125