FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zimmerman's attorney comments on Martin shooting
http://video.msnbc.msn.com/msnbc-tv/46843101/#46843101

The attorney representing George Zimmerman, the admitted gunman who shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, speaks publicly about the deadly incident.
have new developments to share in the shooting death of trayvon martin. the lawyer for the ad mitted gunman george zimmerman spoke out last night. the attorney says he has not talked to his client at the night of the shooting and where the evidence points.
END....
ME....
I STILL DO NOT BELIEVE THAT GZ SHOULD HAVE HAD A GUN ON THIS WATCH.

GZ was not on any type of official watch. He admitted he was on his way to the store and wouldn't it be ironic if it was 7/11 he was headed for. In any case, he can carry a gun if he had the permit and was within his rights to do so. It's the pursuing part that GZ should have had enough sense not to do. Had he been at 7/11 and someone pulled a gun and GZ shot the gunman GZ would have been a hero. But that's not what happened. GZ chose to pursue, big difference I would think. jmo

Sorry I DONT AGREE

I see hate groups as problems, if not today tomorrow.
IMHO – JUST the presence of Al Sharpton would spear head such.
WHY? because he is always playing the race card.

This is going to be a very long and difficult case :(
because good records were not kept from the star.

Al Sharpton has repeated non violence over and over. And all of those protests were peaceful, even the one with something like 30K people there.

Again, I'm no Sharpton fan by any means but I don't see how he is playing the race card or inciting violence in THIS case.

We can't have it both ways.

When we have people who say that because there were 8 burglaries in 15 months and "some" of them were black kids, then GZ was justified in believing that Trayvon was up to no good. That alone right there says that it was because this particular kid was black.

There are other examples.

JMHO

remember the 911 call that ABC Chicago news guy said Trayvon made? the one we figured was mis-speak?
....link many many posts back....this morning on MSNBC's Up w/ChrisHayes, he reported the same thing and later when questioned by some on twitter this was his reply:

also mentioned on show that Zimmerman was not talking to a 911 dispatch, he had another # to call for watch reports, and that Tryvon's 911 call did not go to Sanford PD but to 911 County Sheriff dispatch

I am reviewing vids from this morning's show, not luck finding it yet

You are right. Zimmerman wasn't on the phone with 911, he was on the phone with the non-emergency police number. I forgot about that.

Old Navy will not go out of business because no one listens to Geraldo that has any sense, especially the demographic that shops Old Navy. However, to be naive about the function a hoodie has in countless crimes is to put yourself in danger. The ones used in crime, don't normally have embellishments and are usually black, gray, or white. The hoodie is used to hide the identity of the criminal. Victims of home invasions, store robberies, and car jackings whose attackers have never been captured probably don't think of hoodies the same way you do anymore. And yes, 17 yr old criminals wear them too. That is NOT to say Trayvon should have been targeted because he was wearing a hoodie - I don't even know where that came from. Zimmerman simply described what Trayvon was wearing. I assume Trayvon had the hoodie on since Zimmerman did not initially know his ethnicity.

I agree, very often those who try to disguise their identity or be hardly seen at all is often wearing one.
But so do I in the rain.
but we all know that guns do not kill anyone so how can the hoodie? Only people kill people.....
ACCOUNTABILITY is not on display here by anyone.
IF a shooting absolutly had to happen IF IF IF... It should hv been a leg to detain him and thats all.

If you wear oak leaves you'll have to change your name to Colonel flourish.

Crap, what if I wear an oak leaf, though, and you all have maple leaves and fig leaves so now I'm suspicious?!?!?!

eta: and don't get me started on marijuana leaves ;)

Al Sharpton has repeated non violence over and over. And all of those protests were peaceful, even the one with something like 30K people there.

Again, I'm no Sharpton fan by any means but I don't see how he is playing the race card or inciting violence in THIS case.

We can't have it both ways.

When we have people who say that because there were 8 burglaries in 15 months and "some" of them were black kids, then GZ was justified in believing that Trayvon was up to no good. That alone right there says that it was because this particular kid was black.

There are other examples.

JMHO

I don't see how people can be against Sharpton in all of this. You can like him or not, but the simple fact of the matter is if he didn't start giving this some media attention the Feds or the State wouldn't have investigated this at all. He gave the family and Trayvon a voice.

I really don't think anyone wants to see anyone else killed including leaders of the black community. They have lost so many of their young men as it is through gang shootings. I think what people have shown with the recent rallies is that we are all capable of supporting each other when we feel an injustice has been done. And isn't the only way to get things done sometimes is to come together and let our voices be heard. Thankfully we can still do that in this country and we've proven we can do it without violence. jmo

I am praying for justice for both.
But GZ if not found guilty will have to change his name and face. :(
IF found guilty won’t live long :(

I think both are victims now. :(

There's a compound in Port St. Lucie that will take him in?

I am praying for justice for both.
But GZ if not found guilty will have to change his name and face. :(
IF found guilty won’t live long :(

I think both are victims now. :(

Well one is a victim of murder IMO, the other is a victim of...what?

himself?

(not saying I think of GZ as a victim, because I don't, but I suppose it could be argued he's his own worst enemy)

FWIW - I most definitely take the Panthers and the KKK seriously. Having lived in Florida all my life and witnessed many many different "events", I have to. I was knifed in 1972 when a race riot broke out at my high school. After all the dust had cleared - found it was organized and and started by a black panther.

Let's hope the feds get a handle on this group real quick like. If they find out where GZ is, it won't be pretty.

JMHO and all that.

BO MORRISON LOST HIS LIFE... it was a horrible mistake, and there would at least be an investigation.
This is in WI.
It was a “shoot first and ask questions later”
WE CAN NOT HAVE THAT KIND OF RULE ANYWHAERE IN THE USA.

I do not think GZ had to use a gun. Something did happen that we do not know.
But we know that a GUN will always cause harm.

He has been hung out before we know the case.
That is not what Justice is...
He is in a jail without a cage.

There was a another case, I believe here in Florida, where a dad was shot and killed in front of his daughter after he had confronted a man yelling at a teen about skateboarding. The man who shot and killed the dad claimed "stand your ground" because the father had attacked him first. The difference is, that man was arrested right away if I am not mistaken and had to go in front of a judge. I'm not sure of the outcome, but I'm going to look it up? I know we had a thread about it here on Websleuths somewhere?

Rally in NY, city councilman spoke wearing a hoodie. Said he wears a hoodie, he's black and he's not a criminal.

Several basketball teams and basketball players wore hoodies in support.

There was a segment with little kids wearing hoodies, they interviewed a little boy, he was so sweet and, right out of the mouth of babes he put it all in perspective. I hope they run it again so I can write down exactly what he said.

So stupid and pathetic that Trayvon's hoodie was used as an excuse or reason for him getting gunned down.

JMHO

I've asked this at least 3 times, who blamed Trayvon's hoodie as the "excuse" or reason for him being gunned down?

Where did this originate? TIA

He has been hung out before we know the case.
That is not what Justice is...
He is in a jail without a cage.

He's been convicted without all the facts, the public has hung him etc etc. Statements like that make me shake my head.

The police ACQUITTED him before his actual trial. The police actions are the reason this is even being discussed. He was acquitted on the very same night that he killed someone. That shouldn't happen. Anyone concerned with true justice should have a problem with that. JMO MOO IMO etc.

There was a another case, I believe here in Florida, where a dad was shot and killed in front of his daughter after he had confronted a man yelling at a teen about skateboarding. The man who shot and killed the dad claimed "stand your ground" because the father had attacked him first. The difference is, that man was arrested right away if I am not mistaken and had to go in front of a judge. I'm not sure of the outcome, but I'm going to look it up? I know we had a thread about it here on Websleuths somewhere?

Yes, this was mentioned the other day, Dooley I believe. I don't think they made a decision yet.

But yes, the major difference is that he was arrested right way, and it's in the courts now, I saw the victim's daughter testifying, it was heartbreaking.

JMHO

That shooter also happened to be a black man with a white victim. Just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member