FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think a lot teenagers have attitudes and have something to prove? He may well have started something physical with GZ for daring to follow him when he didn't like it.

And who wouldn't. Having been robbed at gunpoint buy 4 young dark skinned boys, I am highly sensitive to anyone in my immediate area. If someone is following too close, I will stop and suddenly turnaround to make direct eye contact with them. This might seem to be aggressive, but it is what I was taught to do, make sure they know you are aware of their presence!

GZ may have seen Trayvon leave the complex when going to the 7-11 and may have chosen to osition himself so that Trayvon could not avoid approaching him when he returned! I think GZ knew what he was going to do all along.

My husband agrees that the 9 mm probably wouldn't have enough kickback to break his nose, even at an odd angle. I still don't feel sure. I have heard of some mean kickbacks. He is probably right though. He knows a lot about guns.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...120317_1_shooting-death-english-teacher-uncle

(snips)
"He was extremely creative," said Michelle Kypriss, Trayvon's English teacher at Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School in Miami. "He just loved building things. He really was intrigued by how things worked."

Trayvon was under a five-day suspension when he was shot that Sunday night, but Kypriss said it was due to tardiness and not misbehavior.
"Trayvon was not a violent or dangerous child. He was not known for misbehaving," the teacher said. "He was suspended because he was late too many times."

Some places read 5 day and other places read 10 day suspension.
BUT suspension - The teacher may fear for the safty of her students. I READ IT VERY DIFFERENTLY
NOW I CANT FIND IT.
When I went to school they never suspended anyone for lateness but they did call in the parents.

I am not expecting the school to come forward = I think they would
fear the vigilante types and keep the children safe.

Are you suggesting he looks threatening?

I read the suggestion that the photo was altered to make him look sweet and the make people feel sorry for him, but I don't buy it at all! It was photoshopped to even the skin tones is what it looks like to me. Not at all uncommon!

IMO it makes no difference that Trayvon was suspended for tardiness and that the picture of him was photoshopped. Does anyone here really think that that one photoshopped image of Trayvon changes the public's perception to make everyone feel sorry for him? That is ridiculous!

Maybe not,but it speaks volumes about the agenda in the media and their lack of objectivity.

And who wouldn't. Having been robbed at gunpoint buy 4 young dark skinned boys, I am highly sensitive to anyone in my immediate area. If someone is following too close, I will stop and suddenly turnaround to make direct eye contact with them. This might seem to be aggressive, but it is what I was taught to do, make sure they know you are aware of their presence!

GZ may have seen Trayvon leave the complex when going to the 7-11 and may have chosen to osition himself so that Trayvon could not avoid approaching him when he returned! I think GZ knew what he was going to do all along.

I don't like people following me either. I usually stop and let them pass.

So Trayvon was suspended from school?? So what?!! What on earth does that have to do with him walking home in a neighborhood that he is an invited guest to be in?

I'm sick of all the victim-blaming going on. So, Trayvon wouldn't have been shot to death if he'd: a) not been suspended from school, b) not been wearing a sweatshirt, c) not been walking around at night, d) not been black.

Or, is it rather: Trayvon wouldn't have been shot to death if: a) George hadn't been carrying a concealed weapon as part of his neighborhood WATCH, b) George hadn't pursued Trayvon and picked a fight, c) George had just stayed in his vehicle and allowed LE to handle the situation.

IMO it makes no difference that Trayvon was suspended for tardiness and that the picture of him was photoshopped. Does anyone here really think that that one photoshopped image of Trayvon changes the public's perception to make everyone feel sorry for him? That is ridiculous!

I thought the same thing.

First, I'm confused as to why it's was even stated as a fact that it was intentionally altered, and stating as a fact that it was intentionally altered to change the public's perception of Trayvon, without anything to support it. It's also saying that seeing a picture of a darker skinned child means the public sees them as suspicious, as opposed to lighter skin.

Different pictures that get cropped, scanned and reposted often changes the hue of the photo.

Actually the first cropped picture is the one that looks distorted by looking at the pixels and the shadows. Should we say that they were intentionally trying to make Trayvon blacker?

And if there was some secret effort to change Trayvon's skin color to make him look less guilty ( still baffled though at implying that darker skin makes him look more suspicious ), why didn't they change all of his pictures?

Just look at the different skin color tones and hues of GZ, that were scanned and reposted by different media outlets;

http://www.newsoxy.com/world/george-zimmerman-61291.html
http://newsone.com/nation/nomul6/trayvon-martin-shot-dead-george-zimmerman/
http://www.thegrio.com/specials/tra...in-shooter-a-good-neighbor-or-a-vigilante.php
http://www.mediaite.com/online/tray...nsic-loan-review-analyst-and-new-details-on-g

JMHO

http://www.ksdk.com/news/world/arti...Stand-Your-Ground-law-is-free-pass-for-murder

A tennis player at the park, Michael Whitt, testified things turned ugly when Dooley reached for his waistband. Whitt said James then lunged at Dooley. The two men struggled on the ground before James was shot once through the heart. On the 911 call, Whitt is heard trying to help. Shooter is Black,Victim is White.

A shot to the heart is meant to kill. If you have a license to carry a gun you know that. If GZ was under TM when he shot him how did he get out from under him so fast and be over him when Mary C. and her husband looked out their sliding glass door to see what happened. How did GZ get out from under TM's body without disturbing him. TM was found lying face down, arms under him and hands together according to Mary C. In order for a man GZ's size to get out from under he had to disturb the body, roll him off. TM's weight was 140 pounds it's not likely GZ would have been pinned down and could have rolled him off easily. If true the position of TM's body does not indicate GZ was under him at the time.

I don't feel GZ set out to kill TM. However his actions bother me. His statements made to LE giving them the impression TM was on drugs, that the kid is checking him out, that they aways get away, that he initiated a pursuit of TM against the advice of LE who asked him to stay and meet LE for directions. All these things we know are facts. GZ had made the decision on his own that TM was up to no good without ever identifying himself giving TM the chance to say, I'm visiting and staying with my Dad. GZ had the right to question TM about his being there but in doing so GZ had the responsibility to inform TM why he was asking. It should have been done when GZ had LE on the phone and the call for assistance could have been cancelled. Essentially the call for a patrol car was unnecessary when a simple question with a simple explanation would have sufficed. Why didn't GZ do this when he was the one who wanted an answer? jmo

FWIW.....I have worked in schools for DECADES and "being in an unauthorized area" is a commonly and frequently used disciplinary code for being in the HALLWAY after the class bell has rung!!!!! It could also be used for being in the RESTROOM without a pass....or the LIBRARY instead of an assigned classroom....or remaining in the LUNCHROOM talking to friends after an assigned lunch period is over.

Not that this is relevant in ANY way.....Trayvon was not doing anything wrong while walking on a public sidewalk as a guest of a legal resident of the complex. NO ONE can deny that this is the truth! It is one of the known and unquestionable FACTS of this case.

Seems weird they would give a 5 or ten day suspension over that.

FWIW.....I have worked in schools for DECADES and "being in an unauthorized area" is a commonly and frequently used disciplinary code for being in the HALLWAY after the class bell has rung!!!!! It could also be used for being in the RESTROOM without a pass....or the LIBRARY instead of an assigned classroom....or remaining in the LUNCHROOM talking to friends after an assigned lunch period is over.

Not that this is relevant in ANY way.....Trayvon was not doing anything wrong while walking on a public sidewalk as a guest of a legal resident of the complex. NO ONE can deny that this is the truth! It is one of the known and unquestionable FACTS of this case.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Nope. My kids have had the same issues. Others have posted here that they have honor students facing the same thing. Schools have gotten so strict they give in school suspension for kids rolling thier eyes or standing up to stretch. Suspensions do happens for tardineness. When I was a kid suspensions only happened when something serious happened. It is not that way anymore. Suspensions are not indicative of a behavior or criminal problem.

It is now school policy here.

I'm gonig to go with the 5 day. That is the usual FIRST offense/suspension level. If he was suspended for 10 days it would mean he was already suspended for 5 days on a previous offense. Since we have heard nothing about previous suspensions, I don't believe he was given 10 days. And, also, if there were previous suspensions - I am quite sure we would have heard about them by now.

JMHO

I don't like people following me either. I usually stop and let them pass.

That is not what LE would tell you to do. They would tell you to find a group of people or use your phone to call for help if you feel a threat. Once you stop, unless you are on a crowded street, you become a target if that person is, in fact, following you to do you harm. jmo

Should we start looking at other victims of crimes the same way? A rape victim? Victims of child pedos? DV victims? Perps want us to believe and accept that the victim did something to "ask for it." That woman wanted it, she was dressed sexy. That six year old was flirting with me. She burned my dinner."

We are talking about who jumped whom.
I can see TM doing the jumping – and I can see why
I can also see GZ doing the jumping because he was a bit too eager to catch a thief, and he knew the cops were on their way.
IMHO - IF TM did the jumping NO he does not have the right to jump the neighborhood watchman.

Since so many hear already hung GZ (without knowing the facts)
I think it is important to look at TM - maybe he is not a squeaky clean kid at all?
And maybe being dismissed from school is a good place to start looking....
I AM LOOKING.
I am appalled by any case that hangs someone just because - there is no evidence.
HOWEVER - I will continue to say.... I think it is Negligence. ON ALL PARTIES.
GZ - probably Negligent Homicide
LE - Sloppy work all the way.

Just because the poor boy is dead does not make him pure or innocent.
NOR does it make him guilty or deserving of this outcome. :(

What article?

One another snip from the article which proves exactly what I just said. He is a COWARD.

"On Saturday, Oliver said that in recent days Zimmerman has contacted a number of his friends, asking them to speak publicly in his defense, but that each of them declined his request, fearing for their own safety."

Should we start looking at other victims of crimes the same way? A rape victim? Victims of child pedos? DV victims? Perps want us to believe and accept that the victim did something to "ask for it." That woman wanted it, she was dressed sexy. That six year old was flirting with me. She burned my dinner."

I don't think the poster is saying that at all.

Still, Trayvon had nonviolent behavioral issues in school, and on the day he was killed, he had been suspended for 10 days from Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School in North Miami-Dade.

“He was not suspended for something dealing with violence or anything like that. It wasn’t a crime he committed, but he was in an unauthorized area [on school property],” Martin said, declining to offer more details.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/2...#storylink=cpy

Link, please. I thought Trayvon was suspended for being late too many times. My son who is in middle school has been tardy about 4 times this year. Every time was because I was not ready, not his fault. I am a middle class professional who is a good, responsible mother. I guess someone could blame it on the fact that I am a single mother.
No one is perfect. Everything I have read about Trayvon points to a good average teen.
Probably not too street smart or tough, just a kid like mine who looked forward to the prom and still hung out with dad volunteering in the concession stand.
GZ on the other hand has a documented record of violence, history of job changes, and sketchy academic history based on the fact that he is still pursuing a two year degree after enrolling 8 years ago. I also think GZ followed Trayvon because he was black and burglaries in his neighborhood were commited by black teens. This is racial profiling.
This is all MOO.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members