trial thread: 3/27/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RaffertyLFP
  • Derstine suggest that McClintic does not look upset or hesitant as she walks thru store - Vittie agrees

So, if Barbara Armstrong had been selling MTR drugs a "couple times a month" for a year, and she "met with him several days later" after April 8, 2009, was that the day that she sold him "a dozen more pills"?

If so, did that follow his "usual" pattern of purchases (if there was a pattern?)

Would MTR "normally" be back for more drugs within a few days of his last purchase, or was that an abnormality?

ETA: Here is the answer.

Woaaa.

He totally broke his pattern.

A dozen more times????

Is it a dozen pills and/or a dozen more occasions??? Either way, woaa.

Armstrong testified she sold Rafferty more painkillers a few days later and met with him on a dozen more occasions until his arrest on May 19, 2009.

Read more: http://www.canada.com/news/Stafford...+search+Tori/6365316/story.html#ixzz1qKtZq3qK

He is just trying to put it all on TLM. That's fine, he will have to come up with something else the further we get into this. TLM cant be blamed for everything.

Rafferty KNEW who was on the video with Tori and DIDN'T call police? WHY? JMO

Derstine asks if there are obvious signs of hesitation on McClintic's part. Vittie says no. Also agrees she's not upset emotionally.

court recess until 2:10 pm

Geez they take a lot of breaks! :waiting:

And just because we have time... I hate this smiley with every fibre of my being: :rocker:

I love this one, though. It's adorable: :eek:fftobed:

12:42
spacer.gif
Mike Knoll:

@Guest - Friday he said he wouldn't be talking to reporters today so we won't be staffing it.
Tuesday March 27, 2012 12:42 Mike Knoll

12:41
spacer.gif
[Comment From Guest Guest : ]

is Rodney talking to reporters today

Makes for a loooong day when we're not getting alot of varied tweets

Derstine asks if there are obvious signs of hesitation on McClintic's part. Vittie says no. Also agrees she's not upset emotionally.

court recess until 2:10 pm

Why would she be upset? :waitasec:

It's like Linda is reading here at Websleuths. :)

Thanks, Linda!

Linda Nguyen ‏ @LindaNguyenPN

Correction: Armstrong sold #Rafferty pills on a a dozen other occasions. It's unclear how many pills were actually sold.

Comment: It sure sounds like Rafferty broke his "pattern" of purchases.

Makes for a loooong day when we're not getting alot of varied tweets

I was following a few but they were so behind, I gave up.

Adrian Morrow from the Globe & Mail isn't there today. His colleague is but admits he hasn't been tweeting long.

12:43
Mike Knoll: @Steve and Jessica - it is unknown if Rafferty will testify.
Comment From Steve
Will Rafferty take the stand??
Comment From Jessica Hoover
is Michael Rafferty gonna testify yet?

Poor Mike :floorlaugh:

The Crown's position is that Victoria was being hidden in the car, on the floor under a coat. Now why the defence wouldn't have tried to establish that she was just sitting in there, right up on the backseat as happy as a lark I have no idea. :waitasec:

MOO

Now, this is something I've had a problem with ever since the trial began. By all accounts from her own family, Tori was feisty, energetic, restless, and somewhat rebellious. No matter how scared she was, I just can't imagine her meekly lying there under a coat during all those stops they made. Her personality suggests that she should have been squirming, crying, protesting, etc. Yet, no one noticed anything - not BA, not anyone near the car at Home Depot, nor any other drivers passing them on the road during the 2 1/2 hours she was supposed to be in that car. I still can't believe that she wasn't drugged at some point before they reached their destination in Mt. Forest.

JMO

What did MR think TLM was going to do with a hammer and garbage bags?

I have to admit when it was testified that MR was a butcher, I felt sick.

Now, this is something I've had a problem with ever since the trial began. By all accounts from her own family, Tori was feisty, energetic, restless, and somewhat rebellious. No matter how scared she was, I just can't imagine her meekly lying there under a coat during all those stops they made. Her personality suggests that she should have been squirming, crying, protesting, etc. Yet, no one noticed anything - not BA, not anyone near the car at Home Depot, nor any other drivers passing them on the road during the 2 1/2 hours she was supposed to be in that car. I still can't believe that she wasn't drugged at some point before they reached their destination in Mt. Forest.

JMO

I am just throwing this out there because I was thinking the same thing. Was she even in the car at this time?????? If so what made her so quite and still?

You don't go for a drug buy without knowing how much it will cost. I wonder how much was spent on the Percocets at BA's. He obviously must have had enough cash to pay for them, but not enough for the Home Depot purchase. Thus, the need for the ABM after the visit to BA. So, they weren't prepared to buy that hammer and the garbage bags before they set out for Guelph, but there was enough money for the drugs.

JMO

According to this document Percocets are about $5 a pill. If he only bought 2 pills that would have left pleanty left over for items at the Home Depot and some gas.

Its like they were doing all this running around and carrying on and what we have heard it just sounds like she wasnt even in the car. Is there proof that she was 100% in the car when they went to home depot, tim hortons etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500