17-yo Teen Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Arlington, Jeb Bush says ‘stand your ground’ invalid in Trayvon Martin case

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/comm...our-ground-invalid-in-trayvon-martin-case.ece

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said Friday that the “stand your ground” self-defense law he signed while in office should not apply to the case of a teenager who was killed by a neighborhood watch volunteer in his home state.

“This law does not apply to this particular circumstance,” Bush said after an education panel discussion at the University of Texas at Arlington. “Stand your ground means stand your ground. It doesn’t mean chase after somebody who’s turned their back.”

More at link...

(Sorry if this has been posted before...I can't keep up!)

I can't find the post, I think it was to HHater - I just saw Zimmerman's friend say he could have heard "c***" or goons.

:thankyou: anyway!

To be clear, he isn't sure what word was said?

We also know Zimmerman was wearing a red jacket.
So that leaves no one wearing white t-shirt.

I disagree, a witness saw him in a white t-shirt. The troubled Sanford police dept is not a credible source for even describing colors, jmo, they didn't even bother to look on Trayvon's cell phone to locate his family. :(

The screaming.

This is bothering me - can't ya tell ;)

I've seen quite a few fights in my day. Various venues, various participants.....but sitting here thinking about it - I don't really remember one where the participants throwing punches are screaming at the same time. The screaming usually is in the beginning and once they "get down to business" and fists are flying it gets rather quiet.

Now, especially IF both of them were stuggling over the gun - who is going to have the energy AND the presence of mind to SCREAM THAT LOUD as well as trying to struggle with this other guy over a gun?

I really really really want to know who it is and what they are saying. I do think the FBI and the prosecutor already do.

JMHO

Why would Zimmerman being screaming in terror and yelling for help in a terrorized voice then less then a second before he pulled the trigger say in a very plain voice help ?

I think those first screams are from Martin and that last one is from Zimmerman.

IMO, even if it were Zimmerman screaming for help does not matter. IMO, bullies do that when bested. They are cowards.

The 911 caller who claims the guy on top was in white t-shirt is not Mary C. After listening to the calls I am pretty sure of that. The voice sounds nothing like Mary C.
Mary C is a different caller and she says nothing about any t-shirts. I am pretty sure Marcy C is the one who says there is a black guy standing.

If you follow this thought - GZ believed that he would confront this "suspicious, armed" person and pull his gun first. After all, GZ could see his hands and he knew that Trayvon didn't have the gun out in his hands. Too much Law & Order, Cops, CSI - GZ thought he would be faster on the draw and get this kid at gun point and hold him there until the cops showed up. He wasn't counting on Trayvon clocking him one. It all went south from there.

JMHO

I agree about too much Law and Order, CSI, and cops. In all the calls Zimmerman had made in the past, never once did he accost a perp. GZ went for his phone, not his gun. Trayvon could have thought he was going for his gun and popped him and then tried to find the gun he thought he was reaching for - found Zimmerman's gun and tried to get it from him.

That's what the screams sound like to me, GZ desperate to get his gun away from Trayvon - people with guns ON them don't scream, they just don't. Someone trying to get a gun away from someone would scream like crazy. IMO

Is This Trayvon Martin’s Twitter Account?
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/is-this-trayvon-martins-twitter-account/

Social media has often been criticized for damaging peoples’ ability to maintain privacy. However, in the case of Trayvon Martin, it may have enabled media and police to paint a more accurate picture of the deceased. The Daily Caller and Yahoo News both have stories on new information surrounding Martin’s activity on such sites as Facebook, Myspace and (maybe Twitter). Following a post by blogger Don Linehan on Wagist, both sites have cited tweets sent from the account NO_LIMIT_N-, which they say has been positively identified as belonging to Martin. In fact, the Daily Caller dug up Tweets as far back as the start of this year, compiling a 152 page document containing all of Trayvon Martin’s alleged correspondence.

Yes. And if someone says 'that is just how teen boys are' that is a load of carp!

BBM
You may not like the actions taken by GZ but they aren't necessarily illegal acts.

Absolutely true. It might be 100% legal in Florida to go creeping around following kids or old ladies or whatever.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/86330859/Zimmerman-Martin-Shooting

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ng=&URL=0700-0799/0776/Sections/0776.013.html[/QUOTE]

The legal quotes sound great but they neglect one pretty crucial detail: it is up to the killer to prove that he had reason to use deadly force. It is not simply assumed that he had cause to feel that his life was in danger. And a right to "not retreat" does not necessarily impart a right to ADVANCE.

For fun, let's take (what seems to be) your interpretation of this law and alter a few characters:

In this mythical case, our neighborhood watchman is a black 250 lb construction worker. He spots a suspicious looking teen, an althletic 15 year old white girl heading home after cheerleading practice. He followers her. She phones her boyfriend and reports that she is being stalked by some creepy guy. Suddenly he is right there, in terror she whips out her can of mace and blasts him. Blinded, and now frightened because she is in surprisingly good shape, he pulls out his handgun and blows her away.

Under some people's interpretation of the law he had every legal and moral right to stalk her, confront her, and kill her. Under this interpretation he did absolutely nothing wrong. She did, and she got what she had coming. She had no right not to be followed, no right not to be confronted by this strange adult, no right to defend herself.

Except we both know that if the scenario I described had actually happened, our neighood watch hero would have been arrested on the spot and charged with murder the next day. And our cheerleader? The police would have moved heaven and earth to find her parents, she wouldn't have been dumped in the morgue for a few days as a Jane Doe. And NO ONE would be dredging up high school mischief in an effort to destroy her character.

To be clear, he isn't sure what word was said?

He said sometimes he thinks he hears one and sometimes he thinks he hears the other. He said it depends on your perspective. I know what he means, if I think goons, that's what I hear....same with the "c" word. IMO

It's not just you, it's a broken link.

How can it be broken if I can open it? I don't understand these things, lol. All I can suggest is to go to CNN like I did and search around in the Trayvon section for the article dated 3/20 titled ,"911 calls paint picture of chaos after Florida teen is shot." All the 911 transcripts are there.

It aligns exactly with what she's said in the media, down to her telling her friend to come back inside.

No, I am as sure as I can be the one claiming the guy on top had a white t-shirt is not Mary C. Mary C uses her roommate name during her call so she is a different caller.

Whoo! Whoever earlier recommended watching Lawrence O'Donnel, well thank you:) (HiHater, maybe?) I haven't watched a whole lot of the television coverage but my goodness that interview with GZ's friend was...unmissable, imo.

Yes. And if someone says 'that is just how teen boys are' that is a load of carp!

And this plays out on the night of the shooting how? It's not against the law to have twitter and express your opinion.

IMO, even if it were Zimmerman screaming for help does not matter. IMO, bullies do that when bested. They are cowards.

i'm also wondering about one of zimmermans accounts that trayvon had covered his mouth..if so,, how could simmerman have been calling for help...or maybe it was zimmermans lawyer who stated that..

How can it be broken if I can open it? I don't understand these things, lol. All I can suggest is to go to CNN like I did and search around in the Trayvon section for the article dated 3/20 titled ,"911 calls paint picture of chaos after Florida teen is shot." All the 911 transcripts are there.
I found it. Let's see if my link only works for me. I just did a search through yahoo.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/20/911-calls-paint-picture-of-chaos-after-florida-teen-is-shot/

Can you make sense of why TM punched the bus driver?A day or two before this happened.

Here's a link to the same article but on another site. This site clearly gives credit to CNN. hth

http://www.ksat.com/news/911-calls-...-shot/-/478452/9616000/-/o83kl8z/-/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member