AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 01 Feb 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
They hauled it down to the FBI building where the Major Crime Scene van was waiting. They'll probably go through it with a fine tooth comb looking for trace evidence, just like they did with his truck. I'm curious if they found any evidence in his truck. Would he take the risk of having her in his truck? I think every one knows about trace fibers and such. Same thing if he used a tool from the shed. Surely he'd toss the tool in the ocean and not put it back in the shed. I guess it could be a duct tape match like CA. And I really don't think he'd hide her in the shed. That would be incredibly stupid.

Then again, when I think of some of the stupid stuff other criminals have done, nothing would surprise me.

Right. They will be combing it for hairs, fiber, anything that might be evidence. But they could have done that with the shed sitting right where it was, so has to be some yet unknown reason why they took the entire shed. Maybe to take it apart and look for something that might be embedded in the cracks? They could have removed any tools or equipment in there and tested each one separately as well. Or they could have taken the shed apart and took it in pieces... why keep it intact? Beats me.

He could have first taken her to the shed and assaulted and killed her, waited until a more "convenient" time to dispose of her body. Some criminals ARE stupid. He thought they wouldn't catch him, he would get away with it.

Or it could be the opposite,they haven't found enough and need more evidence.

The warrant to search the house may not have included the shed at the time. Search warrants have to be specific in the location they are searching, but usually it will read the house and any outbuildings. Somebody could have left that out, I guess. Or they could have looked in it, just a cursory inspection to locate a possible body. Sorry, I can't come up with a good explanation for why they took the whole shed, intact. CSI could comb every half inch of it with it sitting right where it is. Did they do any inspection or digging the ground underneath, where it had been sitting?

LE took the whole trailer in Aliahna Lemmon's case.

Yes, IMO it would be difficult to dispose of anything in the ocean in Anchorage. For those of you who haven't been to Anchorage, you would have to walk out onto ice or mudflats to attempt to throw something in the ocean and even then it would be shallow. Here is a shot of the coast from Earthquake Park in the winter, you can see how difficult it would be: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1b/Anchorage_from_Earthquake_Park.jpg

There are no bridges (that I can think of) over deeper water where you could toss something in Anchorage.

Outside of this being a sleuthing of a missing person, and therefore so sad...this scenery is gorgeous!

The comments are interesting on this article...

http://www.adn.com/2012/03/31/2401114/fbi-police-examine-shed-taken.html#storylink=cpy

A comment made me look a little closer at the person quoted in the article. He is a lawyer in Anchorage. The comment made here that people tend to not go to the media to speak about suspects because of the permanence seems off in this case too then. I could get if it was a nobody who wanted 5 minutes and his name in the paper, but this is a guy with something to lose if he is wrong. It just seems off to me...

My thoughts and opinions only.

My opinion has been that IK only had a limited time to do the hide before he leavea in am

But, I got to thinking. That doesn't give one much time and there really isn't any good places to dump, other than the ocean IMO.

Maybe he waited... And the shed was the cold storage.

Something just dawned on me, what if evidence in the car is samathas phone? We never did find out where it was. Since she had a cubby hole for her things - like purse, maybe she kept her cell phone in her pocket (easier to answer while working)

Her phone was left at the coffee shop.

Her phone was left at the coffee shop.

can you provide a link to that? I thought it was her purse was there. I thought her dad called her phone the next day until the battery died?

Right. They will be combing it for hairs, fiber, anything that might be evidence. But they could have done that with the shed sitting right where it was, so has to be some yet unknown reason why they took the entire shed. Maybe to take it apart and look for something that might be embedded in the cracks? They could have removed any tools or equipment in there and tested each one separately as well. Or they could have taken the shed apart and took it in pieces... why keep it intact? Beats me.

He could have first taken her to the shed and assaulted and killed her, waited until a more "convenient" time to dispose of her body. Some criminals ARE stupid. He thought they wouldn't catch him, he would get away with it.
Considering the small size of the shed, LE might have decided it was more practical to haul it off where they can take their time analyzing it without news cameras looming over them and creating a disturbance in the neighborhood, (not to mention the barking dog).

can you provide a link to that? I thought it was her purse was there. I thought her dad called her phone the next day until the battery died?

There are missing posters with pictures of her purse. It's a Harley Davidson style hand bag style.

I cannot stop going over this in my head. I know this is way outside the box, but....what if IK saw something that night, if his truck was in that lot and he saw something he should not have. (Such as the abduction and finality of the act of SK). Would he not then possibly steal a CC from someone whom he knew the pin, dressed up in the dark they would not recognize him perhaps at three a.m., go on vacation to relocate and secure his daughter, come back and then go on the run for his life. I am just trying to put this together. IMHO

http://www.adn.com/2012/03/31/2401114/fbi-police-examine-shed-taken.html#storylink=cpy

A comment made me look a little closer at the person quoted in the article. He is a lawyer in Anchorage. The comment made here that people tend to not go to the media to speak about suspects because of the permanence seems off in this case too then. I could get if it was a nobody who wanted 5 minutes and his name in the paper, but this is a guy with something to lose if he is wrong. It just seems off to me...

My thoughts and opinions only.
What type of law does he specialize in?
Is the lawyer hoping to defend IK? This IS a high profile case!

Omgosh I've missed sooo much! Been busy! I seem to remember some neighbors being interviewed about IK. They said they never had any problems with him, that he mostly kept to himself being busy doing carpentry stuff. Somebody had mentioned they'd heard him working on projects into the night sometimes. I wonder if he kept some of his power tools in that shed, maybe a circular saw and such. Why would the FBI have to haul the shed away instead of processing it at the residence? Could something have happened in it & maybe it was cleaned with Clorox to coverup the crime? If that's the case, maybe that's why FBI took it, so it could be taken apart by forensic experts in a secured environment. With a metal shed (it looks like), there wouldn't be drywall that they could cut out as a sample. If it was taken apart in the yard they could lose trace evidence by a gust of wind or dirt/snow blowing over. In a house it's different bc it can be sealed. Anyway, makes me think something happened in the shed.

Considering the small size of the shed, LE might have decided it was more practical to haul it off where they can take their time analyzing it without news cameras looming over them and creating a disturbance in the neighborhood, (not to mention the barking dog).

And the cold!

Dang, I'm still trying to catch up...

Some years ago, my old neighbir has his truck broken into. They stole his wallet, car charger, pair of sunglasses & good driving gloves. I yelled at him fir leaving his wallet in the car. Police came but couldn't do anything but write a report, etc.

Then last year, my husband was on a job in Wilmington. Idiot left his door window down just a bit. Somebody got it unlocked & stole his wallet, gps, personal iPhone, car charger - but they left over $10K worth of tools in the back! Go figure dumb azzes! Police came, took a report, couldn't do anything.

What seem to be small time criminals are actually somewhat bigger than we think. When these idiots steal wallets & small goods out of vehicles, they have no concern bc they know most people have debit cards to go with their bank accounts & they're FDIC insured for loss/theft 100%. credit cards you get your $ back right away whereas a bank can take up to 30 days. The real money with this type of theft comes from stealing medical cards. They use a persons health card, go to a distant hospital, are given pain meds that they can either take or sell, then they toss the card to only scout out another vehicle. It's all for the quick buck.

Perps aren't really interested in stereo systems now - now they take the whole car & it's dismantled into parts in mere hours. So why would somebody take debit cards? For quick cash. How would he know the pin? Easy - either somebody told him the pin or he has one of those mirror programs that he's used in the past that tracks everything. It's sort of comparable to a keylogger.

I cannot stop going over this in my head. I know this is way outside the box, but....what if IK saw something that night, if his truck was in that lot and he saw something he should not have. (Such as the abduction and finality of the act of SK). Would he not then possibly steal a CC from someone whom he knew the pin, dressed up in the dark they would not recognize him perhaps at three a.m., go on vacation to relocate and secure his daughter, come back and then go on the run for his life. I am just trying to put this together. IMHO

I've thought about possibilities like this, BUT if IK really wasn't involved in the abduction don't you think he would have told the cops everything he knew as soon as he was apprehended? He would not want to risk getting a kidnapping/murder charge pinned on him.

There is a public court document that included Keyes SS#. The beginning of the number is 127-86-xxxx.

According to http://stevemorse.org/ssn/ssn.html this SS# was issued in New York in 1998 which seems a bit odd. That would mean his SS# was issued when he was 20 years old. I checked my own number and the state and date were correct.

Very good & THANK YOU ConnectedSuitor!

Since his website says he went into the Army in 1998, he probably got it for that. I didn't get mine until I turned 18 and had to register for the Selective Service.

Once a child is a certain age, it is mandatory to get their SS issued for tax purposes bc you can't claim said child w/o the proper SS. I thought the age was around 5? Not sure...

However, if IK grew up on a reservation, that would explain why he didn't get his SS# until late bc true Native Americans living on a legal reservation don't have to pay taxes.

There is a public court document that included Keyes SS#. The beginning of the number is 127-86-xxxx.

According to http://stevemorse.org/ssn/ssn.html this SS# was issued in New York in 1998 which seems a bit odd. That would mean his SS# was issued when he was 20 years old. I checked my own number and the state and date were correct.

Ok, I just took a sec to put mine in. I opted for the first 5 digit search. It's wrong. The state is correct as listed NJ but the date it gives is 1974 - I was born in 1966. So the last 4 digits are needed to be accurate.

Ok, I just took a sec to put mine in. I opted for the first 5 digit search. It's wrong. The state is correct as listed NJ but the date it gives is 1974 - I was born in 1966. So the last 4 digits are needed to be accurate.

I think it gives the date of issue not the date of birth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim