17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you there. It's almost gone beyond GZ's racial motivations. I think people can take (to a point) an individual being racially insensitive (if that's what happened), but the line gets drawn when it's a government entity, especially if it's LE, due to past history (Rodney King, Diallo, etc).

There are very few people making this about race. It could be a lot worse, imo. I do believe that race did play some factor in this case. I don't think we can escape that. It's sad, but real. I've always said, "Without Injustice There is No Change." A young boy is dead. As Americans, we have a reason to question why? Why is this young boy dead? What changes can we make as a society to make sure it doesn't happen again? Because when it really comes down to it... Trayvon Martin should not be dead.

I feel a great sense of pride when I see my fellow Americans, of all races, standing side by side for a cause. I do not agree with the kids looting the store in Miami... imo... they are not for the cause. They used the tragedy of this case for an excuse to commit a crime. They do not, imo, represent what the Trayvon Martin case has become. They are the exact opposite.

Justice for Trayvon.

That was in the same town and he was not retired.Different Country too.

An LE badge works just was well in another town, state, country, etc. as it does at home. Trust me, I know. Opens a lot of doors, and can close some as well. An LE officer will respect another regardless of where they are from. Same goes with the judges, attorneys (look at the Florida Bar and how they handle complaints against other attorneys), etc. Who is going to tell on them...no one because at some point they all use their position to their advantage. Like networking. jmo

Is there a history of assault? Where he actually attacked people? I haven't really looked into his history that much outside of stuff I read on here so it's an honest question.

Someone who worked with him when he was a bouncer said he picked up a woman and threw her and she was injured. He was fired because he was loose cannon/escalator.

Because, some where there is some one that will pay the collector of that info, money for that info.

I've never understood why that info is being asked on so many forms anyway.

There are black Hispanics, actually. The reason that identifying as Hispanic/Latino can be so tricky goes back to colonialism, slavery, and the native peoples in the area. There's a lot of mixing, so you get someone like Christina Aguilera who is obviously white, but also Hispanic. Then there's Zoe Saldana, which by appearance would be identified as black, but also has Hispanic roots. So you can be black and Hispanic, because you are from Puerto Rico or the Dominican Republic, and descended from slaves brought to that country. It's a large tangle of ethnicity, race, and culture.

Sure there are black Hispanics but I have never seen them referred like that in the media. I was only referring to the media.

Great question cause if they did, it would REALLY demonstrate what services were provided to GZ and/or TM at the scene!

HOWEVER, the majority of public EMS providers work from a "use it as needed" basis and funding for supplies comes from a budget or "procured" supplies from the hospital/and or staff!

Many hospitals have computerized systems where they "swipe" bar-coded items onto your hospital account. :what: ER/EDs in some facilities aren't quite as stringent, IMVHO, 'cause they'll provide service/materials prior to formalized, computer generated "paperwork". :what:

again, JMO, JME!
My son trained as an EMT and is in the process of trying to be hired. He has gone on a few ride alongs recently. I just asked him about this, and he said there was no inventory on a case by case basis,you just have to make a note of what needs to be replaced if it is getting low at the end of each shift.

He did say that he is required to take extensive and detailed notes at the end of each call though. Mainly to protect themselves if the patient flatlines or something later on. I wonder if the EMTs took notes on GZ's injuries.

Please stop the comparisons of this case to others. It's a distraction, it's apples & oranges, and it's disrespectful to the victims--this isn't a contest.

Not according to what Richard Hornsby wrote on his blog.

False Arrest
The claim that is most often asserted against police is false arrest. Persons bringing this claim assert that police violated their Fourth Amendment right against unreasonable seizure. If the officer had probable cause to believe the individual had committed a crime, the arrest is reasonable and the Fourth Amendment has not been violated. Police can arrest without a warrant for a felony or misdemeanor committed in their presence. (Some states also allow warrantless arrests for misdemeanor domestic assaults not committed in the officer's presence.) Even if the information the officer relied upon later turns out to be false, the officer is not liable if he believed it was accurate at the time of the arrest. To prevail on a false arrest claim, the victim must show that the arresting officer lacked probable cause, that is, facts sufficient to cause a reasonable person to believe that a crime had been committed.

Emphasis is mine...

http://civilrights.findlaw.com/civil-rights-overview/police-misconduct-and-civil-rights.html

Ohhhhhhhhhh, so it was just to make it shorter, not to make GZ look bad. Ok I'll go with that.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/the-grio/46800706#46800706

NBC version:
GZ: Hey, we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood and there's this
real suspicious guy retreat view circle, the best address I can give
you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no
good or he's on drugs or something -- he's just walking around,
looking about..
GZ: He looks black..

Actual 911 version:
looking about..
Dispatcher: ... and this guy's white, black, or hispanic?
They edited the tape to make Zimmerman look more racist, no doubt about it. NBC would have no other reason to "make it shorter". If they did, I would love to hear it.
JMO

There's obviously a wound to his head, if not from Trayvon, where would he have injured his head?

The fact that he has some sort of head injury automatically means it must have been inflicted by TM? :waitasec: Sounds like the cart pulling the horse, IMO.

How utterly ridiculous. To me, it sounds like desperation to vilify the police department. The most obvious misstatement of fact, "he fell backwards".

I don't find the utterance likely from a man falling forwards either but that's just MOO.

I think it's a figment of GZ's imagination.

If my son was being detained for such a serious offense, I would have gone to the police station as well.JMO I would think a lot of parents would have.Does not mean he had ulterior motives IMO.GZ would also need a ride home if he was released.

George Zimmerman is not a minor, and if he needed help navigating the interrogation/detention process, IMO he should have called a lawyer.

Interesting comments from Zimmerman's attorney.

Sonner, who is representing Zimmerman for the first time, took the increasingly high-profile case after Zimmerman’s father reached out to him on his son’s behalf. He did not say whether his client is employed, but he did say that threats against the volunteer watchman are so great that he and his family (he is married but has no children) may never be able to ever return to their home at the Retreat at Twin Lakes. Sonner too has received threats, and his phone is jammed.

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/04/02...ts-have-been-spun-by-the-media/#ixzz1quXhFpsX

< mod snip >

~jmo~

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/04/02/george-zimmermans-lawyer-facts-have-been-spun-by-the-media/

MSN reporting FBI on the scene of the crime!

I was just picturing that in my mind:floorlaugh:. Technically though , I guess his head could just be touching the edge of the walkway and bruising could be near the top of his head since the grass could be lower.

or Mr Zimmerman got an injury as Mr Martin was fighting to save his own life. A fight he lost.

Breaking on CNN - School shooting in Oakland, CA - suspect still at large

Does anyone else think they hear a boy screaming 'mama' on the 911 tape? I do

ETA: possibly 'stop'

LOL Lambchop, in this particular case with the \, it would have to be Trayvon holding onto one foot or ankle and slamming his head into the sidewalk. Hmmm, nope that wouldn't work either. Let's see - Trayvon holding both legs and sliding him back and forth would make a ____ so maybe if he had a hold of one foot and was sliding him back and forth it might make a \.

~jmo~

So it appears whatever he hit was upward not parallel. Like a porch support, a tree, a pole, etc. Right???? Where is our nurse????

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/the-grio/46800706#46800706

NBC version:
looking about..

Actual 911 version:
looking about..
Dispatcher: ... and this guy's white, black, or hispanic?
They edited the tape to make Zimmerman look more racist, no doubt about it. NBC would have no other reason to "make it shorter". If they did, I would love to hear it.
JMO

I know that.......follow the posts back. I was responding to a post saying the media would not "mess" with evidence. The poster said they only did it to make it shorter. I agreed with sarcasm........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname