17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are very few people making this about race. It could be a lot worse, imo. I do believe that race did play some factor in this case. I don't think we can escape that. It's sad, but real. I've always said, "Without Injustice There is No Change." A young boy is dead. As Americans, we have a reason to question why? Why is this young boy dead? What changes can we make as a society to make sure it doesn't happen again? Because when it really comes down to it... Trayvon Martin should not be dead.

I feel a great sense of pride when I see my fellow Americans, of all races, standing side by side for a cause. I do not agree with the kids looting the store in Miami... imo... they are not for the cause. They used the tragedy of this case for an excuse to commit a crime. They do not, imo, represent what the Trayvon Martin case has become. They are the exact opposite.

Justice for Trayvon.

I read they had about 150bucks damage and the kids did not ran out with their arms loaded. A teacher was right at the entry/exit way. It was grossly exaggerated by the media again IMO. It was still wrong though.

I know that.......follow the posts back. I was responding to a post saying the media would not "mess" with evidence. The poster said they only did it to make it shorter. I agreed with sarcasm........

Ah, gotcha. Thanks :)

I'm seeing it quite a bit from all points of view.

I think GZ should be arrested as well, if for nothing else using deadly force where as far as we know hasn't been warranted.

But I know what I see and I'm not ready to go black helicopter and say 'the news purposely doctored the shot' either. What's there is there.

There's obviously a wound to his head, if not from Trayvon, where would he have injured his head?

it could have happened as Trayvon struggled desperately for his life. it is obviously not the marks of many hard thumps of the head onto pavement.

Why would he scream Mama? If you are implying that it was TM, TM's mom was in Miami.

When a child is terrified usually they first person the cry for is their Mama, doesn't matter if she is there or not, they are crying for their known "safe haven". Makes perfect sense that Trayvon would be screaming for his Mama with his dying breath.

No, they edited it to make it shorter. Photoshopping a wound onto a head is a whole different matter. imo

shorter? no, they edited it to make it appear that GZ was racist, imol....why else would they leave out the nugget of the 911 operator doing the asking?

ridiculous.

Why would he scream Mama? If you are implying that it was TM, TM's mom was in Miami.

It's an unconscious response that is uttered/screamed by some when they are in mortal fear that they are about to die. Instinctively calling for a person who has protected you, I guess. And that would be your mother if you were a child, but adults have done it too. jmo

George was looking for a house # so he could tell the 911 dispatcher exactly where he was at.

That call lasted a long time for him not to have found a house number to give to dispatch. I believe if the operator didn't inquire for additional information and insisted GZ cease his pursuit we might have had a different outcome.

I do believe GZ should have stopped as soon as non-emergency told him to. However, the operator probing for more information and never reiterating to cease the pursuit didn't help things, either.

No blame here. Just seeing a lot of things that could have went differently.

Van der Sloot

Good old boy network

But why? What motivation would police and SA have to cover up a murder? Would they care that a guy's dad is a judge? It defies common sense. What's in it for them? Plus, if they're caught their careers are over. I don't believe the police are corrupt in this case until I see some evidence. There's a lot of accusations with nothing to support them imo.

For people to band together and cover up a murder - they would have to be some pretty horrible, horrible people. Not buying it for a second.

It's an unconscious response that is uttered/screamed by some when they are in mortal fear that they are about to die. Instinctively calling for a person who has protected you, I guess. And that would be your mother if you were a child, but adults have done it too. jmo

Remember the homeless man that was beaten (I believe to death?) by officers? Wasn't he screaming out for his father even though his father was no where close? I don't even know how long it had been since they seen each other?

BEM: On what grounds?

MANY.....not the least of which is the exposure of the property owner to lawsuits, the fact that he NO LONGER LIVES in the property (the leases on the three rental houses that I own state that the renter must LIVE there, it can not sit empty for longer than two weeks without MY CONSENT), among a number of other possibilities depending on the particular lease.

That call lasted a long time for him not to have found a house number to give to dispatch. I believe if the operator didn't inquire for additional information and insisted GZ cease his pursuit we might have had a different outcome.

I do believe GZ should have stopped as soon as non-emergency told him to. However, the operator probing for more information and never reiterating to cease the pursuit didn't help things, either.

No blame here. Just seeing a lot of things that could have went differently.

He did stop and was heading back to his SUV. there is no indication he did not heade what the 911 dispatcher asked him to do.

BTW, I love your Caylee picture, it's one of my favs :)

When did he say he was looking for a house number? I've never heard that?

I don't understand why Zimmerman would need to provide any additional information? The point of the call was to direct LE to the suspicious person. He had already done that...

When a child is terrified usually they first person the cry for is their Mama, doesn't matter if she is there or not, they are crying for their known "safe haven". Makes perfect sense that Trayvon would be screaming for his Mama with his dying breath.

And certainly not "You got me" as GZ describes him as saying. You got me sounds as if TM is admitting he did something wrong and deserved to be shot. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back