17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I am the real George Zimmerman," declares the website, set up over the weekend.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/10/justice/florida-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

I think they've got the picture, now.

TMGZLawyers.png

I've been having trouble pinning down where the body was located. Seems like the SFD rescue dispatcher should know, doesn't it?

"Lying in the grass.....in the backyard of 2831 Retreat View Circle"

A short snip of the full recording:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc4-famjw1M"]Trayvon Martin's Body Location 2 Per Sanford Fire and Rescue - YouTube[/ame]

That's a long ways from where George and his dad told us it all went down. :waitasec:

I agree. When the Baton Rouge Serial Killer was on the loose, I wanted to carry my gun freely visible in a holster - kind of like Annie Oakley! For a while I carried a can of Aqua Net Hair Spray as a weapon, since pepper spray was not in stock anywhere.

Wow do I remember that like it was yesterday!!!

Sleeping with a fireplace poker next to me. Looking all around and running to my car in the mornings.

Pure terror.

And I live in the small town where it all got started. Where he was a peeping Tom and cutting up kids in the cemetery.

Feels good to know he's in Angola.

How does someone know when the other person is going to stop beating on them? How can anyone know how far the person attacking them will go? Will they stop beating you when you fall to the ground? When you are unconscious? When you are dead? There is no fair in a fight. If you are being attacked your goal is to save yourself. If you attack someone and are on top of them and have the upper hand do you think they will keep taking the beating instead of brandishing any weapon they have on them?
If GZ pulled out his gun while being punched on the ground and TM backed off and GZ still shot him then that is not self defense. But if GZ pulled out his gun and TM grabbed it and they struggled over it and TM was shot then I would consider that self defense. Mooo

I think the difficulty we are all having is that we do not see the damage to GZ. He appears in the lockup video as not having any serious injuries and, in fact, has the police officer tuck in his shirt because he is concerned for his appearance. Not the type of behavior you'd expect to see from someone who felt they had just escaped a battle where they were about to take their last breathe. jmo

March 8th. First big media conference for TM's parents. At the same time Lee said they were still investigating and that they should have the findings in the next week on manslaughter charges. Within the next week the mayor had authorized the release of 911 calls and the media circus came to town. http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...g-police-headquarters-investigation-next-week

I think it's everyone's right to know exactly what happened and if GZ's statement does not line up with the facts he should have been arrested that first night. Obviously the homocide detective thought there was enough evidence to do so. jmo

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/10/opinion/odonnell-martin-zimmerman/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

I found this part interesting (and true)

No American should ever be prosecuted for any crime as a consequence of the demands of a crowd, however large or vocal. This core principle of justice should stand regardless of the facts of a case or the radioactivity of a defendant. The justice system, fragile at best, is imperiled when prosecutorial decisions are tied to politics.

I think it's everyone's right to know exactly what happened and if GZ's statement does not line up with the facts he should have been arrested that first night. Obviously the homocide detective thought there was enough evidence to do so. jmo

The homicide detective is not the one prosecuting the case though. If GZ is arrested and either never brought to trial or found innocent, it will not ultimately be on the homicide detective who arrested him, it will be on the prosecutor who decided to press charges.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/10/opinion/odonnell-martin-zimmerman/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

I found this part interesting (and true)

No American should ever be prosecuted for any crime as a consequence of the demands of a crowd, however large or vocal. This core principle of justice should stand regardless of the facts of a case or the radioactivity of a defendant. The justice system, fragile at best, is imperiled when prosecutorial decisions are tied to politics.

ITA.

Had Zimmerman been arrested on 2/26 and either detained or released on bail pending a thorough investigation (rather than being exonerated on a whim by Wolfinger) this wouldn't even be an issue. MOO

In an interview on Tuesday with Reuters, Corey said she focuses only on the facts of a case and not the deep-rooted opinions of observers on both sides. The prosecutor would not discuss the specifics of the Trayvon Martin case.

"The single most important factor as to why the jail is so full in Duval County is prosecutorial style -- Angela Corey's aggressive style as prosecutor," Hallett said.

"Compared to her predecessor, she is much more aggressive in terms of filing criminal charges, much less likely to dismiss charges, and more likely to multiple file... She prosecutes every potential charge to the hilt," Hallett said.

"You can't worry about consequence if you're doing the right thing," Corey said. "If you're going to commit to doing the right thing for the right reasons, consequences have to fall where they may."

"She's very tough. She definitely wants to see justice done," said Mitchell Stone, a Jacksonville criminal defense lawyer who has known Corey for 23 years. "She has a lot of compassion for the victims of crime, but she knows when a case is not going to be able to be prosecuted.

"She wants to do the right thing."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...oting-coreybre833066-20120403,0,6322725.story

I believe she will do the right thing....and if she can prosecute this, she definately will..

ACory didn't need the Grand Jury due to this not being a premediated or first degree murder issue...but she has other degrees of murder she can choose to use...also negligent homicide..but I do not believe she will see this as a justified homicide going through all of the evidence and that 911 call...she will be privy to the autopsy report, the detective who wanted a manslaughter charge, witness statements, etc....and has a lot of sorting out to do...

I have faith she will do what's right...of course, one side will not be happy..but one must stand up to their actions...if they go against GZ...

I wonder if there were any other 911 calls about suspicious black men in the neighborhood from other people or were they all just from GZ. Knowing how GZ was about reporting open windows and open garage doors to 911 is it possible he saw FT's window open and did not want to call 911 on Frank so instead called Frank to tell him there was a black man looking at his house to get Frank to come home and close his window. We know they were friends, how GZ would always call 911. But maybe GZ did not want to do it to his friend so he just claimed someone suspicious was there. Also some of the black men he reported to 911 as suspicious seemed to evaporate into thin air when LE got there. We do know he makes up stories from his application to the crime prevention program where he states that his incident with the police officer was the fault of the police officer and not him. GZ likes to slant things in his favor when he knows he was absolutely wrong and does not want to be held accountable for anything in his past. It was always someone's fault, never him. With all these calls even though LE never found anyone wouldn't this be a good way to bring attention to yourself with LE, the neighborhood watch program set up to bring him closer and closer to his goal????? Something is not right here????

If that is truly his website we do not see any remorse for what happen whatsoever. There is absolutely no sights of remorse, shock, etc. in the lockup video. He looks as if he is asking them to tidy him up for a NWP meeting. You expect certain behavior when someone has to shoot another person in self-defense, they are indeed remorseful. And we just are not seeing that in GZ. jmo

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...oting-coreybre833066-20120403,0,6322725.story

I believe she will do the right thing....and if she can prosecute this, she definately will..

ACory didn't need the Grand Jury due to this not being a premediated or first degree murder issue...but she has other degrees of murder she can choose to use...also negligent homicide..but I do not believe she will see this as a justified homicide going through all of the evidence and that 911 call...she will be privy to the autopsy report, the detective who wanted a manslaughter charge, witness statements, etc....and has a lot of sorting out to do...

I have faith she will do what's right...of course, one side will not be happy..but one must stand up to their actions...if they go against GZ...

Do you think folks (TM side) are going to get really mad if she decides to 'only' go for a manslaughter charge?

Do you think folks (TM side) are going to get really mad if she decides to 'only' go for a manslaughter charge?

IMO, this case is only a manslaughter case. They are going to have to prove that this was 1st degree murder.

and it's likely to be thrown out by the judge under the SYG law.

The homicide detective is not the one prosecuting the case though. If GZ is arrested and either never brought to trial or found innocent, it will not ultimately be on the homicide detective who arrested him, it will be on the prosecutor who decided to press charges.

My point was the homocide detective saw something that needed further investigation. SA said no, it ends here, GZ claimed SYG and he is free to go. Other people who have used their guns claiming SYG have been arrested. It appears SA did not want SPD to even pursue an investigation. They sent out a narcotics officer to the scene. I think SA thought TM was just a black kid looking for trouble not realizing TM was staying only a few yards from where he died. SA had no information on whether or not it was TM who was the one who feared for his life because he based his opinion, at the time, on the fact that TM was from outside the community and was probably on drugs or why send a narcotics officer to the scene????? jmo

IMO, this case is only a manslaughter case. They are going to have to prove that this was 1st degree murder.

and it's likely to be thrown out by the judge under the SYG law.

It was already stated that first degree murder is off the table because the case is not going to grand jury and murder 1 would require one.

If your chid was Trayvon what would they have done???????
If my child was walking home from a convenience store on a sunday night with their skittles and tea----if they were being followed and eyed by an unknown man in a car, their initial thought would not be that they were going to be robbed----they would think this guy is a pervert. They would have felt they were in danger of being abducted!!!!! They too would have walked faster.....they wouldn't run initialy. They would save their energy to run for their lives later. What would trigger them to run- the guy stopping and getting out of his car...Thay would imply emminent danger to them. And, if they lost sight of the stranger but he suddenly appeared on the sidewalk in front of them------they would punch him in the nose or in the balls and they woiuld try to run like hell!!!!!! They would probably also scream help or fire!!!!! They would do this because I taught them to do this.
So why is everyone dising Trayvon for protecting himself. If the car was a police car my kids would have responded to questions but they wouldn't get too close until they had seen an ID. If the car was labeled NW they would have responded verbally but they still wouldn't get too close. Ki8dnappers have impersonated people of authority before -----why children would want an ID-----I taught them this. So you can't have it both ways. If we teach our children to be leery of strangers.....why would Trayon approach a stranger????????
He WAS 17 BUT HE WAS STILLA CHILD

//

ITA.

Had Zimmerman been arrested on 2/26 and either detained or released on bail pending a thorough investigation (rather than being exonerated on a whim by Wolfinger) this wouldn't even be an issue. MOO

ITA why wasn't he? a shooting death of a minor had just occured..........

No, I don't think so, as long as they see justice for Trayvon..

Grand Jury convenes for a premediated or 1st degree murder charge, since ACory is foregoing that it can be surmised that it's manslaughter or something less..but it warrants a through investigation...

Now I heard it was Wolfinger who set up the date for The Grand Jury...and ACory didn't need them...she will make the decision on her own...I believe she is a strong victims advocate, will weigh the issues, the evidence, the autopsy report, conflicting witness statements...and do what's right..

Dr Dona Yes, I tell every one of my grandchildren to run for help in the opposite direction if being followed by a car and that goes for my 21 year old medical student.
We live in a very BAD time! Lots of 'crazies' out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500