17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have yet to see any police reports of apprehending black men in 8 break-ins. If there were break ins and they were not caught how do we know they were black???? Is FT assuming they were black because there were break ins or were their actual arrests???? jmo

<Mod Snip>
It looks as if LE were able to get them and one of the break ins was a neighbor who was a minor. jmo

Here's another article regarding the burglaries -

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/03/justice/florida-teen-shooting-burglaries/index.html -
The incidents occurred over 14/15 months.
~"City officials posted police reports to the city website detailing eight burglary reports in the neighborhood in the 14 months prior to Martin's February 26 death." ~

~"In three of those incidents, black males were implicated by witnesses or arrests. A fourth incident was less clear."~

~"In the other four incidents, there were no witnesses or suspects, according to police reports."~ ---

Not sure why FT keeps misrepresenting the facts? http://sanfordfl.gov/investigation/trayvon_martin.html - The burglary report document and other articles are no longer on the Sanford PD website.

Agreed! (Hey Mrs. Vass, :seeya: From Mrs. Yuri!)

Nice to see everybody again. :)

Back on Topic

Do you think they will try to get GZ's computer or online content. I can't think of a reason they could justify doing so, but I for one would love an email doc dump.
I got spoiled. ;)

U know....I live in a subdivision in central fl. We had a break in a little over a year ago. The pd here patrolled here everyday after that and still do. I was wondering if spd ever patrolled that community. 8 burglaries is a lot.

All the crime statistics I have seen on Sanford list it's crime rate as much higher than average.

Not sure how accurate this one is but it list Sanford as a crime index of 3 out of 100 with an explanation that this means that Sanford is only safer than 3% of other cities in the US.

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/fl/sanford/crime/

Wow. I'll bet the prosecution cannot wait to get Frank Taaffe on the stand. I have seen him make a fool of himself on other shows, but Soledad O'Brien really got him to hang Zimmerman in this interview! What an obnoxious person, I hope his 15 minutes are about played out. I thought he was another wannabe cop, I was wrong. He's a wannabe lawyer. Ugh.

http://startingpoint.blogs.cnn.com/...by-black-males-meant-everyone-was-suspicious/

George Zimmerman's neighbor Frank Taaffe tells Soledad Trayvon shooting was 'perfect storm,' said prior burglaries in area by black males meant everyone was suspiciousFrank Taaffe, neighbor of Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman, talked with Soledad O'Brien on "Starting Point" in defense of his friend.

In the series of videos below, Taaffe explains that he could tell from security footage inside the Sanford Police Department that Zimmerman was hurt. He also explained that the neighborhood watch was suspicious of many people walking in the area, as there had been eight previous break ins involving young black men.

AGAIN: FRANK is reporting what the neighborhood knows to be so.
As a result whom would Zimmerman be watching and become suspect of ???
IMHO too many people just jump on band wagons without allowing this to become
an important piece of information...I think it is an important part of what started this.
I wonder if TM was made aware for his safety that the area is targeting
young AA men...I wonder why TM did not just call his Dad? Just wondering....

George Zimmerman expected to take the stand in Trayvon Martin murder case, legal observers say

By Jeff Black, msnbc.com
If George Zimmerman, the killer of Trayvon Martin, wants to claim self-defense under Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law, he most certainly will have to testify, criminal defense attorneys in Florida told msnbc.com.

It is rare in criminal cases for defendants to be called to testify because they have a right against self-incrimination and it opens them up to sharp questions from prosecutors.

But Zimmerman, charged with second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of Martin during a scuffle in a gated Sanford, Fla., community on Feb. 26, will need to explain why he thought his life was in danger when he shot the unarmed black teenager, attorneys not involved with the case say.

more
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...-observers-say

Nice to see everybody again. :)

Back on Topic

Do you think they will try to get GZ's computer or online content. I can't think of a reason they could justify doing so, but I for one would love an email doc dump.
I got spoiled. ;)

Would his MS account content be justification?

I would love an email doc dump also. IMO, there are certainly emails to the HOA board of directors that I would like to see.

MOO

wm

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/03/justice/florida-teen-shooting-burglaries/index.html -
~"City officials posted police reports to the city website detailing eight burglary reports in the neighborhood in the 14 months prior to Martin's February 26 death." ~

~"In three of those incidents, black males were implicated by witnesses or arrests. A fourth incident was less clear."~

~"In the other four incidents, there were no witnesses or suspects, according to police reports."~ ---

Not sure why FT keeps misrepresenting the facts? http://sanfordfl.gov/investigation/trayvon_martin.html - The burglary report document and other articles are no longer on the Sanford PD website.

So the way I see it from your post 4 out of 8 burglaries…50% are documented as being black teens.
By the way that is a high enough percentage to suspect black teens.:moo:

I agree that the case must be viewed in the court of law.
I am so sad that the public court has demonized him with no full knowledge of the case.While he may need to sit in jail for a while, because he was overzealous.
Caring about your community while everyone else was sitting in their warm home is a virtue
even if you all refuse to see that WHAT IF he was not the big bad wolf?
WHAT IF is a good start, to give this man and the Martins a chance to get the case going right.

Remember all we owe to the dead is the TRUTH.

I'm not sad at all. He's been demonized in the publc... because of his own words that lead up to this trajedy. If he was minding his business, smoking a cig in his truck, and Trayvon Martin grabs him out his truck and assults him, and he's forced to fire, then this doesn't make the news outside of Sanford. But we have his own words of contempt on the 911, then we hear the screams of this kid, and our minds start to put the pieces together...

If Trayvon laid there, screaming, begging not to be shot, and Zimmerman pulled the trigger anyway, then he is a monster. IMO. And if i was the parents of Trayvon, i would not accept the apology of a man that profiled, stalked, and executed my son. IMO.

George Zimmerman expected to take the stand in Trayvon Martin murder case, legal observers say

By Jeff Black, msnbc.com
If George Zimmerman, the killer of Trayvon Martin, wants to claim self-defense under Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law, he most certainly will have to testify, criminal defense attorneys in Florida told msnbc.com.

It is rare in criminal cases for defendants to be called to testify because they have a right against self-incrimination and it opens them up to sharp questions from prosecutors.

But Zimmerman, charged with second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of Martin during a scuffle in a gated Sanford, Fla., community on Feb. 26, will need to explain why he thought his life was in danger when he shot the unarmed black teenager, attorneys not involved with the case say.

more

I think that sounds fair to me...

BBM

I have a pretty good idea why Taafe keeps misrepresenting the facts. He seems quite proud of himself when he does it too. I think he's too arrogant and impressed with himself to see that he never did GZ any favors.

Especially now when he says that he spoke to GZ and GZ wanted him to get his message out, I can't imagine that Taafe won't be called as a witness, if there is ever a trial. Would love to see his smugness and arrogance up on the stand.

This supposed break in at his house that he keeps talking about, he wasn't there, he is going by what GZ told him, GZ claims to have "thwarted" a burglary. Given what we've seen about GZ's so called suspicions regarding Trayvon, all of his 911 calls about supposed suspicious behavior, given Taafe's misrepresentations about the facts regarding blacks doing all of the breakins, it would not be surprising in the least to find out that it was another boy who dared to walk while "looking about".

Even the details of that story has changed by Mr Taafe.

JMHO

By Jeff Black, msnbc.com

more

Oh Lord, that is not good for him. That is going to be a disaster for him. He must insisting on it since I can't imagine O'Mara would recommend he get up on the stand.

On the other hand, it'll be fun to watch if he gets up there and makes a dang fool of himself.

Would his MS account content be justification?

I would love an email doc dump also. IMO, there are certainly emails to the HOA board of directors that I would like to see.

MOO

wm

I want it to be investigated because I think the things we have seen so far are just a glimpse, but I am not sure it would be relevant. On the other hand if there is a civil suit down the road, maybe. We need to wake up one of the wonderful lawyers that post here. :)

AGAIN: FRANK is reporting what the neighborhood knows to be so.
As a result whom would Zimmerman be watching and become suspect of ???
IMHO too many people just jump on band wagons without allowing this to become
an important piece of information...I think it is an important part of what started this.
I wonder if TM was made aware for his safety that the area is targeting
young AA men...I wonder why TM did not just call his Dad? Just wondering....

Due to being shot dead within two minutes...

No one should be placing blame on the victim and TM is the victim....:banghead:

That almost made me laugh out loud! I guess he holds himself in very high regard.

~jmo~

Yes I laughed also, I thought what does that mean. I wondered if GZ saw himself as the victim and could not understand why others did not see him that way.

I want it to be investigated because I think the things we have seen so far are just a glimpse, but I am not sure it would be relevant. On the other hand if there is a civil suit down the road, maybe. We need to wake up one of the wonderful lawyers that post here. :)

TAG! You're It! LOLZ!:floorlaugh:

I agree with you and suspect we have only seen a glimpse.

wm

My, my, my ain't that just special?

~jmo~

No kidding. Nice MS there, George. And wow that source waffled back and forth, good Lord. It's him, not it's not him, no, it's old account of his. Of course, I can't blame them for waffling with that nickname on there. And the explanation for it completely does not hold water.

Yes I laughed also, I thought what does that mean. I wondered if GZ saw himself as the victim and could not understand why others did not see him that way.

I believe what he meant is that he does not consider himself a raceist, but 90% of the world does. Its tough defending against a raceist label because no matter what you say people's minds are already made up based on how they want to see you.

(BBM)
So the way I see it from your post 4 out of 8 burglaries…50% are documented as being black teens.

37.5% to be exact

AMOO~

IT does not say black TEENS....it says THREE were black males. So three out of eight would be 37 % which I believe is commensurate with the population statistics for Sanford Florida (26% black).

I haven't had a chance to catch up on all of the overnight posts and didn't watch much about the case last night. As much as I think that GZ's attorney is a professional who will not try this case in the media, I couldn't help feeling angry when I heard him say several times that "George is facing second degree murder charges, and he's frightened."

Did GZ consider how frightened TM was the night that he was hunted down like an animal and shot to death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle