17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM But, by making this statement, are you not assuming the GF is black?

Excellent point since, afaik, we know next to nothing about her. What I've read is that she attends the same school as Trayvon, lives in the Miami area and was his girlfriend by some definition. Based on my own teenager's definition of dating, that could mean a lot of things but we don't even know the true nature of their relationship -- like how long they had been dating, for example. We also know that Trayvon's parents thought he would be less likely to get in trouble if he were away from her and his other friends, but we don't know exactly why they felt that way. We also have heard/read a brief part of her description of the conversation betweent the two of them, and that she became hysterical and was hospitalized over Trayvon's death. Personally, I only read it and didn't hear her version of part of the conversation, so maybe some of you have heard her speak and have a little bit more information than I do.

I don't think her name or photo has been released. Has it?

What a moving story. Thank you so much for sharing it, for using your real-life, firsthand situation to shine a light on the possibilities.

All of us react differently to frightening or confusing situations. Some of us confront things without blinking. But most of us aren't made that way. I think your reaction is more of the norm.

It says a lot that he care enough about you to call and kind of say good-bye, though. Doesn't sound like you had any idea he'd hurt himself.

Did you find out why he did this to his ex? Did you know the two of them even had contact with each other?

Very sorry to hear about this. You'll never forget parts of that conversation. Ever. Just like Trayvon's girlfriend...

Thank you for this post. It was extremely traumatic and I'm still dealing with it. I didn't realize it was a good-bye call at the time. There are so many things I wish I had said. I don't really know why he killed her. I have a couple of theories based on some conversations that I had with him about her, but only he really knows why. They had not been in contact for a little while when he killed her. I only say that with semi-certainty because things went from somewhat amicable between them to awful. (I can only assume that the cause of them not speaking is what made him kill her.) He went out of his way to do it.

And to keep it on topic, I did not have to go looking for the police after it happened. They showed up at my door to question me.

I was under the impression that the no snitch was in line with those of the drug world. So I guess I am to understand that the girlfriend would not call LE when it is possible that her boyfriend could need help or is hurt. Am I out of line to think that she doesn't call LE because her boyfriend may walk away and leave someone else on the ground. All hypothetical of course. jmo

"No snitching" isn't just about drug-related issues. If you see someone stealing a car, robbing a senior citizen, hitting their girlfriend, etc. you need to use caution about phoning 911.

Whenever you take the risk of getting a person thrown in jail, you can incur wrath and retribution.

Beyond that, there are at least a dozen scenarios that would run through a female's mind after that phone call ends. She can think the worse, second guess herself, suspect that she's over-reacting, and drive herself crazy with worry and wonder. There is confusion.

Yes, she could assume that TM was laying dead on the ground in some town on the other side of the state of Florida. And probably talk herself out of assuming the worst.

She could assume that she's over-reacting, that he's fine and will call her back in the next hour or so.

She could assume that TM got in a fight and is in police custody over it.

She could assume that he's full of *****, that maybe he saw some pretty girl and dumped her. And he has a cold and silly way of breaking up with her.

But at some point, most people tell themselves the unthinkable would never really happen. Usually things work out and no one's really dead.

Females learn that guys sometimes disappear and do things differently (i.e., act weird? :). We learn to stop ourselves from assuming he's dead when he doesn't call us back after 5 minutes.

We try not to be negative-thinking, hysterical stalkers. So yes, TM's girlfriend could be extremely worried, but talk herself down from figuring out how to call the police across the state.

"The day after, he went into his job to let them know what was going on," said Oliver, who has spoken to Zimmerman at least twice since the shooting. "That is the last I know of anyone seeing George."

http://my.news.yahoo.com/trayvon-martin-world-heard-cries-032755828.html

That is the first time that I have ever heard of anyone actually seeing Zimmerman, other than LE, after the shooting. If this story is true then I would expect Zimmerman's boss to be called at the trial.

Excellent point since, afaik, we know next to nothing about her. What I've read is that she attends the same school as Trayvon, lives in the Miami area and was his girlfriend by some definition. Based on my own teenager's definition of dating, that could mean a lot of things but we don't even know the true nature of their relationship -- like how long they had been dating, for example. We also know that Trayvon's parents thought he would be less likely to get in trouble if he were away from her and his other friends, but we don't know exactly why they felt that way. We also have heard/read a brief part of her description of the conversation betweent the two of them, and that she became hysterical and was hospitalized over Trayvon's death. Personally, I only read it and didn't hear her version of part of the conversation, so maybe some of you have heard her speak and have a little bit more information than I do.

RBBM

Is there a link that shows this part to be true? I have looked myself at past articles and haven't seen anything that says the parents have said this.

TIA

"The day after, he went into his job to let them know what was going on," said Oliver, who has spoken to Zimmerman at least twice since the shooting. "That is the last I know of anyone seeing George."

That is the first time that I have ever heard of anyone actually seeing Zimmerman, other than LE, after the shooting. If this story is true then I would expect Zimmerman's boss to be called at the trial.

Thanks! That is a very good article that seems to lay it all out. For those who may have not followed this case from the beginning I would highly recommend reading it.

I was referring to "no snitch" and trying for the life of me to understand why if someone is in a situation that the last think that is talked about is the fact that someone is following you, and the possible reason she may not have called is because she was afraid of the police. sorry if that bothers you

I don't have any problem with wondering why she didn't contact anyone about the call. I think she was confused about what happened, tried to call him back, maybe talked to her mother who thought that she over reacted or misinterpreted the call. Apparently she learned at the wake that he was killed just after she talked to him and collapsed and had to be hospitalized. I can't find all the links right now but I believe that attorney Crump said that her mother initially was following doctor's instructions to keep her away from stress and then when she learned more about the situation, she was afraid for her daughter and did not want her talking to the Sanford police. She relented when Crump contacted the family and assured them that her daughter would be talking to federal authorities. They have also cooperated with investigators with the special prosecutor's office.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-ma...-crucial-phone/story?id=15959017#.T4nSQ9Xq4Vg

From your link;

"He told me Zimmerman's story was that Zimmerman was of course following him and that Trayvon approached his vehicle, walked up to the car and asked Zimmerman, 'Why are your following me?' Zimmerman then rolls his car windows down, tells Trayvon 'I'm not following you.' He rolls his car windows up.
"Trayvon walks off. Zimmerman said he started running between the buildings. Zimmerman gets out of his car. He comes around the building. Trayvon is hiding behind the building, waiting on him. Trayvon approaches him and says, 'What's your problem, homes?' Zimmerman says 'I don't have a problem.'

This is also similar to what GZ's father said that GZ told him.

This contradicts GZ's own 911 call.

I wonder if this is the statement he gave to police that night? If so it doesn't bode well for him, in my opinion.

If Trayvon had really gone up to his car, why didn't GZ just say he was part of Neighborhood Watch, that he didn't recognize him, ask if everything was ok?

JMHO

This is why I will always stay in Florida! At least with a Hurricane, we get a good warning! The North can keep their blizzards. Tornado Alley can keep their Tornados. Anywhere that has Earthquakes can keep their Earthquakes. I don't like the cold and I don't like not knowing that a tornado or an earthquake could come at any time. I'm a coward like that (even though I do want to go storm chasing).

Same here. I have lived in tornado alley, New Hampshire blizzards, Illinois floods. I am so glad to live in Florida! And I lived thru Charlie, Jeanne, and Ivan. I'll take the hurricanes over all the rest! Plus it is warm. Love that! :cool:

We gave daughter a phone for her 16th B-day, and if she had even thought about locking it, in the trash it would have went. As long as we paid the bill it was our phone for her to use. She had the phone for 10 years before she took over the bill. that's just us.

We also gave our daughter a cell phone for her 16th b-day, it was password protected but we knew the password, she knew that if she changed the password we would take the phone away. I also had to have her email, facebook, etc. passwords or she lost use of the computer. She is now in college, still living at home, I am still paying the bills and I still know all her passwords, but that is more because she keeps forgetting them and has to ask me what they are, LOL.

Not trying to be mean but the defense could try to say that others influenced her to alter the exact content to keep Trayvon from appearing anything other than harmless.

Now is just example not saying or implying it is true...
But what if when she told him to run he replied not with "No, I am going to walk fast" but with "No, I am going to get his *advertiser censored*".
Someone could have told her not to mention that.

That is why I said in my first post that I hope she told someone the content early on so that the defense would not try to insinuate that she was coached on what to or not to say that was on the call.
I'm sorry. I misunderstood. I see your point.

I'm sure she has a FB or Twitter acct as do most teens. I know the teens in my life post EVERYTHING on there. "I'm eating dinner, now I'm watching American idol, my mom just yelled at me, I just sneezed..."

So hopefully she posted something then while it was fresh in her mind. No matter what was said, let truth and justice prevail.

Does anyone else think that it is possible that the blood on Zimmerman's nose area and back of his head could have been Trayvon's? Is it possible that LE noted the blood before Zimmerman was cleaned up and looked at by EMS and then when the blood was cleaned up it was realized that Zimmerman was not bleeding at all?

We have heard that Zimmerman had his hands on Trayvon as Trayvon was face down on the ground and then that Zimmerman put his hands on the back of his head.

I'm trying to figure out how to explain the LE's description of blood on Zimmerman and yet no apparent wounds on Zimmerman less than an hour later when at the police station.

Yes, I do.

I actually brought up that just the other day. But it would make sense, for the reasons you state, he had just shot him, witness said he had his hand on his head.

It could very well have been Trayvon's, but sadly, I don't think we will ever know now because I doubt that they tested the blood to see if it could have been Trayvon's.

JMHO

BBM. I don't think we "know" this at all. I have never seen it stated that they specifically wanted him to get away from her or his friends.

Please provide a link to this. Otherwise I think it is conjecture, not fact.

At what point does Florida typically make all the documents public? Would it be right after the arraignment?

Ms. Corey had the cased sealed when she filed the charges. That means unless someone (the media usually) files in court to have the records unsealed per the states Sunshine Laws, the documents will not be made public until they are introduced in the trial.

I know the teens in my life post EVERYTHING on there. "I'm eating dinner, now I'm watching American idol, my mom just yelled at me, I just sneezed..."
Lolol this cracked me up... a good many of the adults in my life post stuff like this!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Not trying to be mean but the defense could try to say that others influenced her to alter the exact content to keep Trayvon from appearing anything other than harmless.

Now is just example not saying or implying it is true...
But what if when she told him to run he replied not with "No, I am going to walk fast" but with "No, I am going to get his *advertiser censored*".
Someone could have told her not to mention that.

That is why I said in my first post that I hope she told someone the content early on so that the defense would not try to insinuate that she was coached on what to or not to say that was on the call.

If she has been coached to lie, I believe that will come out long before the trial. This 15 year old child is going to have to go through depositions in which she will be sworn under oath from both the prosecution and the defense, do you really think that a 15 year old child is going to be able to hold up under that intense pressure if she is lying? I don't, and I hope that I never get so jaded that I think a 15 year old child can be that devious.

As for her name the only thing that has been released the name Dee-Dee, as for a photo, yes one has been released of her and Trayvon it is photo # 2 in this series :
<mod snip>

I was referring to "no snitch" and trying for the life of me to understand why if someone is in a situation that the last think that is talked about is the fact that someone is following you, and the possible reason she may not have called is because she was afraid of the police. sorry if that bothers you

Yes it does bother me, but no worries :)

I don't like second guessing a minor child's reaction to a tragedy. She hasn't the life experience, maturity to know what to do. Hello, I am not sure if I was miles away what I would think or do, and I am way older than her.

I don't care what is talked about as long as we leave minors out of it. That really worries me. She could be reading here now and feel even more intimidated by our words. She is a kid who didn't do a damn thing wrong.
She is a victim too. IMO

I took issue with the part about the drugs, and insinuation that her boyfriend may have left someone on the ground. As that is what GZ's family and friends are peddling (my word) to the media. And then there was that whole weird thread the other night about drug dealers and extra bodies.....:crazy:

I will stand up and raise my hand and say I used pot as a teen and was not caught. (okay, I had a very forgiving art teacher in HS who suspected, but didn't call my mom, but told me and Allen no more long lunches. LOL) :what:

:)

For those judging this 16 year old girl and her actions after Trayvon's murder, I want to share a personal story.

I was dating someone a few years ago and one night he called me and told me that he had just killed his ex gf. We spoke for a few minutes and then he ended the call. I was in so much shock that I sat home alone for HOURS in silence. I had no idea what to do. It wasn't until I saw on the news later in the afternoon that he had ultimately killed himself that I managed to call my sister. I could have called the police after my phone call with him ended and I did not. I literally did not know what to do. Maybe if I had called the police they could have found him before he killed himself? I didn't know he was going to kill himself.

I was 29 years olhd at the time. An adult. I take great offense to those judging this 16 year olds actions when we don't know what she did or did not do after that phone call dropped.

MOO
That must have been so hard. (((Hugs)))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members