17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did stating in his blog that....

"But we do know that George Zimmerman has a (self reported) broken nose, a cut on the back of his head, and grass stains on his back."

We don't know that.

I guess that RHornsby believes that the police report is accurate and not a lie and there were injuries to GZ's head and grass on his jacket.

So did stating in his blog that....

"But we do know that George Zimmerman has a (self reported) broken nose, a cut on the back of his head, and grass stains on his back."

We don't know that.

What does that tell you?

the back of the head & grass stains - aren't they on the police report?

the broken nose - we heard that from GZ's talking-heads advocates?

Hmmm...

I agree with rhornsby.
I don't think JO did poorly.
I think LO and CBlow came across a bit over the top.

Have we learned anything about where GZ & JO worked?
Did JO really leave work to help out GZ? Is it possible his workplace gave him a paid leave, and JO is just respecting his employer's privacy on that issue?

IMO, even JO knows he did poorly. I haven't seen him since that interview...

What does that tell you?

the back of the head & grass stains - aren't they on the police report?

the broken nose - we heard that from GZ's talking-heads advocates?

It tells me that Hornsby is not impartial.

I'm sorry but O'Donnell and Blow had every right in the world to "ambush" Joe Oliver. He should have been 100% up front about his relationship (or lack of) with Zimmerman. He came out insinuating that he was the best of friends with Zimmerman, more of an "uncle" figure to him, claiming all sorts of intimate knowledge, etc. It's best if you are going on TV to be as up front as possible as he should well know considering his previous employment in the media himself. Not once until O'Donnell and Blow "ambushed" Oliver did he ever state that he was Zimmerman's "media consultant." I fear Oliver's, Zimmerman Jr.'s, and Taaffe's desire to be on TV will come back to bite Zimmerman in the rear. They have done far more damage to Zimmerman's reputation than any good whatsoever.

~jmo~

BBM
I agree. I knew as soon as I saw Joe Oliver, an older black man, that he was only being trotted out as GZ's token black friend. In reality, I don't even think their relationship was even that close. I suspect $ talked, but that's pure speculation.

JMO MOO IMO

I guess that RHornsby believes that the police report is accurate and not a lie and there were injuries to GZ's head and grass on his jacket.

And that he knows it will be recognized by the Court to be conclusively so unless the SPD officer who wrote it gets up there and "confesses" to the contrary. And, imo, that will not happen.

Only to state (according to the Grio which I'm not sure yet if we are allowed to consider them MSM) that he was no longer acting as Zimmerman's media consultant since Sonner hired Uhrig so in essence, he hasn't been seen or heard from since April 4, 2012 at 12:39 p.m.

~jmo~

IMO, it sounded like JO is mature enough, and likely smart enough, to consult with GZ, his wife, his wife's mother or other family &/or counsel prior to doing interviews.

And it sounded like he isn't one to do more interviews without a green light from them.

:cow:

Well I think plenty of people pointed out that the arrest affidavit itself is very thin and doesn't explain why she thinks it's a second degree murder. So I am not assuming she has any damning evidence. If she had, why isn't it in the affidavit?

Because the prosecutor doesn't have to release all the facts she has, only what is necessary. Before the trial, the prosecutor will have to give everything it has to the defense in discovery, but for now she can play some of her cards close to her chest.

I'm sorry but O'Donnell and Blow had every right in the world to "ambush" Joe Oliver. He should have been 100% up front about his relationship (or lack of) with Zimmerman. He came out insinuating that he was the best of friends with Zimmerman, more of an "uncle" figure to him, claiming all sorts of intimate knowledge, etc. It's best if you are going on TV to be as up front as possible as he should well know considering his previous employment in the media himself. Not once until O'Donnell and Blow "ambushed" Oliver did he ever state that he was Zimmerman's "media consultant." I fear Oliver's, Zimmerman Jr.'s, and Taaffe's desire to be on TV will come back to bite Zimmerman in the rear. They have done far more damage to Zimmerman's reputation than any good whatsoever.

~jmo~

we just had RHornsby drop in to say the opposite, actually.

Interesting. What did it tell you?
Well, Joe Oliver has a prior history as a TV Anchorman. I think he most recently worked at WESH in Orlando. He had also had gigs with a couple of TV stations in San Francisco, and in Sacramento. He had worked with CNN and, others that I don't remember off the top of my head. So, it is likely that Mr. Hornsby has prior knowledge of Joe Oliver from a TV Personality Point of View. People tend not to say bad things about people in the same arenas.

Also, Joe Oliver had done at least twenty to thirty media interviews prior to his appearance on Lawrence O'Donnell's show. In all the interviews I saw, Joe was changing his story. At first, he claimed to know George Zimmerman for at least ten years. He made no mention of the fact that he worked with him, or how he knew him. But, Joe was very clear that he knew him quite well, until he couldn't answer and stumbled over some of the most simple questions. The press / media in and around Orlando, all knew who Joe was. Why weren't they quizzing him? I think Lawrence did what needed to be done. Joe Oliver was hurting George Zimmerman, badly, imo.

Taaffe hurts him too. Taaffe was not a prior TV personality. Therefore, it is most likely that Hornsby doesn't know him and is not really following this case very closely. Which is fine, he doesn't have to. All my opinion.

I will agree that JO did not look good but CB and LO ambushed him. I could not stick around to watch JC take a crack at the pinata. They never allowed him to finish his thoughts or his sentences. He also had to deal with numerous technical difficulties making him seem even more uncomfortable. Watching that interview when it happened made me think more of a kangaroo court than an impartial interogation.

I did not agree with many of their inferences such as CB's assertion that someone can't be a good friend if one does not know all of a person's criminal history, etc.

LO should be an impartial judge or investigator not a biased prosecutor which he claimed he would be very early when the story hit the national scene. I have not been impressed with his political work since he started. He is lazy, which he admitted quite frequently the first 6 months of his show, and quite mendacious in his presentation of story or issue. He has shown himself to be as untrustworthy as a Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh, although his closest equivalent would probably be Bill O'Reilly in terms of making fun of himself at times, which SO and RL rarely do.

IMO/JMO

I will not argue the merits of LO.

I do know, and it is out there for everyone to see, that at approx 3:51 or so on the link I posted, LO asks JO if he knows whether GZ took anger management classes.

And the answer is "No I don't."

But @ approx 6:08 or so JO says, "If you've got the record there it's documented that he did go through anger management."

LLPOF

sleuthin' around and studying personalities as we do, we tend to forget that attnys ignore all the noise and work with facts.

they don't waste their time with all the touchy-feely stuff until the facts are in. they have to use the facts to weave their theories.

we kind of do things backwards here. which is fine. but I think we forget that sometimes.

I hope that makes some sense.

Also - I'm one that will take both sides and argue with myself - folks that are familiar with my posting know that - I don't want to freak anyone out. Just a sleuthy style. Gives the old grey matter a bigger workout. And at my age, they tell me that's good medicine. ;)

BBM
I agree. I knew as soon as I saw Joe Oliver, an older black man, that he was only being trotted out as GZ's token black friend. In reality, I don't even think their relationship was even that close. I suspect $ talked, but that's pure speculation.

JMO MOO IMO

ITA with the above and Joe Oliver gave up his role as GZ's "media adviser" when Sonner became GZ's lawyer. (I can't link it b/c I don't think thegrio is msm here) :moo:

He may indeed, but the police report says nothing about a broken nose.

Does anyone know how long GZ was on phone with non-emergency when he turned and walked back to his truck?

sleuthin' around and studying personalities as we do, we tend to forget that attnys ignore all the noise and work with facts.

they don't waste their time with all the touchy-feely stuff until the facts are in. they have to use the facts to weave their theories.

we kind of do things backwards here. which is fine. but I think we forget that sometimes.

I hope that makes some sense.

Also - I'm one that will take both sides and argue with myself - folks that are familiar with my posting know that - I don't want to freak anyone out. Just a sleuthy style. Gives the old grey matter a bigger workout. And at my age, they tell me that's good medicine. ;)

Would it be fair to say that an attorney who comments here only has as many "facts" as any other poster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member