Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #9 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's say, for the sake of argument, that the dogs were right and Sierra's scent (rightly) stops at the end of the driveway. It would take a lot of, ummm...nerve, I'll say, for an abductor to go up to the house on the cul-de-sac to abduct someone. How did they know someone wouldn't follow her out of the house? Why not wait til she's a little distance away? Going up to the driveway would be taking a very huge risk. They would have to be 100% certain that no one else would be coming out....

Wouldnt we all like to know why these type of people are so bold and seem fearless? I just think it is in their makeup to take high risks. Maybe they like the adernaline rush it gives them, who really knows with these sickos? But time and time again they abduct in broad daylight and no one sees or hears a thing.

How much nerve does it take for someone to creep into an occupied home in order to steal a child? Imo, more nerve than it does to take them from an open area.

If he let her make it to walking down the road then they both could have been spotted easier. So he takes her right as she is coming out between the two pillar on each side of the driveway where no one can notice her. His vehicle could have blocked Sierra from being viewed. And he wouldn't have to be there but seconds and then gone with her.

I dont think he ever went into the driveway. He came to the edge of the driveway...abducted her...then moved on.

imo

Predators are risk takers. If they weren't, they'd stick to fantasies.

For example: Ted Bundy grabbed two victims in broad daylight on a hot summer day at a crowded public beach. He used a fake cast on his arm to lure at least 7 known women to go to his car with him. That's at least 5 women who had several minutes to see him clearly and possibly identify him.

Compared to that, grabbing one teen early in the morning on a cul-de-sac is close to low risk.

Think about it in terms of a high risk window. Until s/he actually grabbed Sierra, there was probably nothing high risk going on at all. If a witness had come on the scene, the perp would have simply aborted the exercise and it would be nothing more than something unusual but not illegal.

The high risk window opens the instant the perp grabbed Sierra and closes as soon as Sierra is in the vehicle and the perp is pulling away. That window could be as little as 2-5 seconds.

Let's be generous and say it took 30 seconds. How often during the day are you unobserved for 30 seconds? For most people, there's lots and lots of those little windows of time where there is no one watching. In fact, most humans need those unobserved times because being under constant observation starts to become extremely uncomfortable very quickly.

Based on all the reading I've done over the years, I am absolutely convinced that predators evaluate risk very differently from the way I do. They are experts at detecting and taking advantage of those little windows of unobserved time that almost everyone's day is sprinkled with.

Outstanding Post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Sierra was grabbed by an abductor or tased with a stun gun, she would have dropped the books her mom said she carried in her hands. An abductor wouldn't stop to pick up Sierra's dropped books if he was busy trying to load a fighting teenager into his car. Why were her books not found on her driveway or the road? Sierra wasn't tased or forced into a vehicle.

I really dont think any of us can say with any certainty what a victim would do when abducted. So many have been abducted and then later on items belonging to them were found tossed away. Items they very easily could have been holding in their hands when kidnapped.

If I was an abductor the last thing I would do is leave scattered school books at the end of a very neat driveway that could be seen from the road.

But then I am of the opinion she didnt have to drop her books. If he held a weapon on her all he had to do is tell her to get in the car or he would kill her and she did as he demanded out of paralyzing fear. Or he could have just told her that her mom has been in a wreck and wants her to come to the scene. These predators are so convincing and cunning. That is why they can take a young female in broad daylight. Each one has what works for them to get the victim in their vehicle. They are evil but they are also very skilled in what they do.

IMO

Wouldnt we all like to know why these type of people are so bold and seem fearless? I just think it is in their makeup to take high risks. Maybe they like the adernaline rush it gives them, who really knows with these sickos? But time and time again they abduct in broad daylight and no one sees or hears a thing.

How much nerve does it take for someone to creep into an occupied home in order to steal a child? Imo, more nerve than it does to take them from an open area.

If he let her make it to walking down the road then they both could have been spotted easier. So he takes her right as she is coming out between the two pillar on each side of the driveway where no one can notice her. His vehicle could have blocked Sierra from being viewed. And he wouldn't have to be there but seconds and then gone with her.

I dont think he ever went into the driveway. He came to the edge of the driveway...abducted her...then moved on.

imo

They do it because they can!

Opportunity and Availability!

Remove as many of thos moments from your childs day that u can..

jmo

Take your kids out to the beach and teach them to scream loud!
U might be surprised but many kids dont know how to scream loud.

If your child rides a bike tell them to NOT let go of that bike! he cant put u and the bike in the car...

We tell them to lie down if he grabs u then he has to drag you drawing attention
Scream! Scream! Scream!

The Sharks were playing on Saturday night correct

(in response to)
Originally Posted by LisaB
Sometimes kids will call their friends to coordinate clothing. In that case, packing a Sharks shirt for a friend and wearing one herself would not be odd. This discounts the other clothing in the bag, but is just a stray opinion. Here in Maryland, Fridays during football season are "Purple Fridays" and EVERYONE wears purple, if they have one, they may wear a "fan" t-shirt, and some have the player jerseys. The Sharks were playing that weekend, right?

Yes. That is correct. Football games are on Sunday, but people show their Ravens spirit on Fridays by going to school or work in Ts or Jerseys.

Sierra's friend mentioned that she enjoyed trying to imitate Sierra's weird *advertiser censored* cough. This implies that Sierra's wheezing cough was a known characteristic of Sierra and must have been frequent. Some inhalers contain an anti-inflammatory medication and the dose is once/day, but a dose from a rescue inhaler (short acting) only lasts 3-4 hours and may need to be used repeatedly. A wheezing cough is definitely not hot or sexy. IMO, Sierra, who was concerned about her appearance, likely carried her inhaler everywhere to decrease the severity of her not-so-sexy wheezing cough.

I think it is hinky that her inhaler was left at home. Having purchased numerous inhalers, I know they are NOT cheap. I seriously doubt she had multiple inhalers. When you finish one inhaler, you purchase another on the date that your insurance allows the next purchase. Notice that Marlene was worried that Sierra didn't pack her inhaler in her tote bag.

I would bet Sierra had more than one rescue inhaler. I have asthma and I use two different inhalers. One contains a steroid and it is used every morning and every evening regardless of my symptoms. The other is the rescule inhaler that I use as needed. Some days I need it often; other days not at all. However, I never go anywhere without my rescue inhaler and in fact have several--one stays in my purse, another is easily accessible in the living area of my home and another is in a drawer in my nightstand. IOW, I am never far from my rescue inhaler.

Most prescriptions for rescue inhalers are written for more than one because when you need it, you need it fast--it's not a situation where you have the time or the physical integrity to go a distance to find it.

A person with very mild asthma that is more seasonal than chronic may have only one inhaler for just-in-case usage. If Sierra's asthma was the type that includes the kind of cough we have heard she has, my bet is her asthma is chronic and she definitely would have more than one rescue inhaler. She may have a steroid (used 2x per day no matter what) inhaler--and maybe that steriod inhaler is the one that was left behind and maybe her mom meant that if Sierra had run away or planned an overnight, she would have taken that inhaler with her.

JMO.

They do it because they can!

Opportunity and Availability!

Remove as many of thos moments from your childs day that u can..

jmo

If only everyone could sit and watch their children 24/7 until they are grown but it is humanely impossible.

No matter how many opportunities may be closed down .......not all will or can be and that is why we see things like this happening over and over again. We also teach our children about stranger danger yet we have seen that doesnt always work either as so many do go with the perpretrator and never come home alive again. Even adult females have complied and gone with the kidnapper.

These predators are so bold and fearless they take children in broad daylight right off of the street. Some are taken in a very congested area with people all around. Some creep into the homes and steal the child in the dead of night.

Millions upon millions of children catch the bus everyday in this country and so many of them in rural areas even more remote than Sierra's neighborhood and I am sure there are many beautiful girls and hansome boys that catches the bus by themselves at the bus stop especially if they are 15 or older, imo.

What we can cling to is the fact these abductions like this one are still rare...and the FBI stats states violent crimes are down. The vast majority of kids are very safe no matter where they live or if they catch the bus alone. They are far more likely to be killed in a vehicle accident than ever be harmed or kidnapped by a predator.

Not one of these parents who have lost children similarly thought their child or children were in danger. A predator doesnt strike when they are known to others..they strike because they are anonymous and no one knows who or where they are.

IMO

Early morning is an excellent time to abduct someone. It's so counter - intuitive,to think that an evil stranger is up and plotting at an early hour.IMO we often associate such things with nightime and darkness.So the early morning abductor has an added element of surprise. MOO And IMO the people who did this knew Sierra was alone in that house. But, it hardly seems to matter ; Holly Bobo's brother watched her being taken into the woods...supposedly. MOO

imo

Great post...IMO,though it is not so much nerve that propels a pedophile.Rather it is an overwhelming need to capture and control. Their actions are driven by their sick and obssesive desires. MOO

Early morning is an excellent time to abduct someone. It's so counter - intuitive,to think that an evil stranger is up and plotting at an early hour.IMO we often associate such things with nightime and darkness.So the early morning abductor has an added element of surprise. MOO And IMO the people who did this knew Sierra was alone in that house. But, it hardly seems to matter ; Holly Bobo's brother watched her being taken into the woods...supposedly. MOO

Exactly, liz. They can do these things using the element of surprise.

We tend to think the cockroaches and monsters come out only at night. Imo, this kind of predator knows that. It is so unexpected and unpredictable and that is why so many of these young people are gone without a trace.

IMO

Great post...IMO,though it is not so much nerve that propels a pedophile.Rather it is an overwhelming need to capture and control. Their actions are driven by their sick and obssesive desires. MOO

I do agree that it is their perverted obsessive lust for children and their need to control someone else's life but I also think the thrill of the abduction is a part of their sick head game as well.

IMO

I'd love to hear people's timelines of the scenario. I'm working on one this morning and will post later. Something outside of the available information. We all have possible theories. It'd be interesting to see if things matched up by a few folks.

...SNIP...I've followed several cases where the parents were mixing tenses while publicly saying they thought their child was alive. Later, it turns out that the parents were not the perps.

In at least one case I followed, the mother said afterwards that she was on a sort of emotional bungee. One second she was holding onto hope her child was alive, the next second, she was convinced her child was dead. Her use of mixed tenses was an accurate reflection of her inner emotional state.

In the absence of any other indications of guilt, I think using mixed tenses is meaningless.

I have seen other people mention Peter Hyatt, so I assume quoting his theories of statement analysis here is acceptable.

Several people have noted that Marlene CORRECTED herself from present to past tense when she said:

"You know, she's, she was such a lovable young lady."

Per Mr. Hyatt, this could mean one of several things. One of them is That Marlene has accepted that Sierral is deceased.

Another is that there was a strained relationship between mother and daughter, and daughter is no longer as "lovable" as before. Perhaps she had been acting up at the old school and the move was related. Marlene might resent the long commute, and "blame" Sierra for it.

Or she could mean that IF SIERRA RAN AWAY (making everyone worry and go to great lengths looking for her) AND IS ALIVE AND WELL, she isn't being very "lovable" by not contacting someone to let them know she is okay.

Sierra had only lived in that house since October, correct? So five months. That is not a long time and that road is a dead end with a cul de sac. It is very ballsy to grab someone esp not knowing if anyone is still inside (re: parents, etc) but then again maybe not so much... I agree with liz' last post... My friend (when we were in 5th grade) was kidnapped right off the street of our one stoplight town in the 80s and this was a time of day with lots of kids walking home, cars driving by, etc. So, it certainly does happen... that being said, I have always been stuck on Sierra's case with how the perp was driving around a dead end street to happen upon her. Then again maybe she made it further than what we think and what we have heard reported about the trail the dogs picked up...

Another thought running thru my head this morning (actually a question) was who lived in the house before they did? Was the boyfriend already living there? If someone else was living there could this perp be somehow be connected to the past renters, etc? Just a thought

...snip...

I think it is hinky that her inhaler was left at home. Having purchased numerous inhalers, I know they are NOT cheap. I seriously doubt she had multiple inhalers. When you finish one inhaler, you purchase another on the date that your insurance allows the next purchase. Notice that Marlene was worried that Sierra didn't pack her inhaler in her tote bag.

My doctor wrote my prescription for two rescue inhalers per month. I refill them every month ($10 each) even if they are not both empty (which can be hard to tell until they run out) because sometimes I use them more often, and sometimes less often. At the moment, I have 5 inhalers. 2 brand new at home, and three partials (which are in my car, laptop case, and desk at work). My worst allergies are in the Fall, and if I did not get the extras now, I would not make it through October when I could easily go through one in a week.

I automatically get two when I call for the refill. Two other people I know with asthma are also getting 2 at a time. I do not know what Sierra's situation was, but it is possible they gave her two at a time. You would think her mom would know that, but she was living with her father until recently and he may know more about this than Marlene does.

If Sierra was grabbed by an abductor or tased with a stun gun, she would have dropped the books her mom said she carried in her hands. An abductor wouldn't stop to pick up Sierra's dropped books if he was busy trying to load a fighting teenager into his car. Why were her books not found on her driveway or the road? Sierra wasn't tased or forced into a vehicle.

If you lived in a cul de sac and were headed out in the morning and saw someone's schoolbooks scattered in the street, and a purse and cell phone at the entrance to the driveway, wouldn't you think that something was wrong? Taking 10 seconds to gather the stuff she dropped and throw it in the car is time well spent, IMO.

If you lived in a cul de sac and were headed out in the morning and saw someone's schoolbooks scattered in the street, and a purse and cell phone at the entrance to the driveway, wouldn't you think that something was wrong? Taking 10 seconds to gather the stuff she dropped and throw it in the car is time well spent, IMO.

I'm gonna have to disagree. If this was an in the street abduction and she dropped anything...Its an abduction. Who cares if she leaves something that only contains her fingerprints/DNA on it. Whether they are found now or later or never, the main goal was to abduct SL.

I'm gonna have to disagree. If this was an in the street abduction and she dropped anything...Its an abduction. Who cares if she leaves something that only contains her fingerprints/DNA on it. Whether they are found now or later or never, the main goal was to abduct SL.

If it means the difference between having a 5 minute head start and having a 12 hour head start, I'd spend the extra seconds to pick the stuff up to buy all that extra time before anyone starts to suspect she is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox