Deceased/Not Found NY - Etan Patz, 6, New York, 25 May 1979 #1 *P. Hernandez guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so disheartening! I was hoping beyond hope that this family would find some resolution- some peace. What must it take to end their heartache? How much longer must they wait? Cruel and unbearable, IMO.

I hope that knowing that Etan is not in this building will in some way be a comfort to them. That they won't have to see the building and think that he is in there. Not much comfort, I know, but maybe a small comfort.

IMHO

I could understand if it were his defense attorney scraping the bottom of a barrel for an explanation, but it's not. Ramos is a pedophile AND he's nuts as in, IMO, he additionally likely suffers from some form of a mental illness.
[Ramos] had also spent time in a psychiatric unit at Bellvue, where he was treated with Thorazine, an anti-psychotic drug often prescribed for schizophrenics.
---
But one particular thing always struk GraBois as significant, and he had scribbled the following note to himself: "Ramos said he heard voices, and they told him to hurt people."
VF, June 1991, 138 second column

VF, June 1991, 138 second column

I hear you, but then the voices temporarily turned off in Ramos' twisted mind, and he was able to organize his faculties to the point of being able to pull off a perfect or near perfect crime by getting rid of evidence, etc. Not buying it.

I hear you, but then the voices temporarily turned off in Ramos' twisted mind, and he was able to organize his faculties to the point of being able to pull off a perfect or near perfect crime by getting rid of evidence, etc. Not buying it.
Just hoping a judge might sign a "danger to himself or others" thing once they release him and then institutionalize him in a locked unit.

Though he has done his time.

Has anyone ever seen the woman's name that was hired to walk Etan to school during the bus strike?
My fault on my previous reply, Nancy Kermode is not her real name; it was the name VF used for her. (NY Magazine used "Sandy Harmon" in the same manner.)

One of the creepiest things I've ever read:
One former resident recalls an encounter with Ramos from his childhood: Playing with his sister in their bedroom, the boy saw a row of toy soldiers and an old Barbie magically appear outside the window, suspended by invisible wire. Opening the window, he reached toward a toy. The line was yanked up a few inches. Leaning out, he spotted Ramos up on the fire escape, gesturing for him to climb the rusty metal stairs. Instead, he slammed the window shut and told his sister not to say a word about what had happened.
http://nymag.com/nymag/features/56441/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member