AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to drag this debate out. But, dr sears encourages families to co-sleep. I know a few families that do this. One family I know has a sleeping room for whoever wants to use it, boy and girl.

I am very familiar with Dr. William Sears, and his wife Martha Sears. Dr. Sears was my firstborn daughter's pediatrician. We fully embrace the whole attachment parenting concept. However, we are talking about a 6 year old girl sleeping alone in a bed with either a 10 year old or a 14 year old boy. It is one thing to have a sleeping floor for families to sleep in the same proximity due to "camping out", air conditioning, etc. Unless I seriously overlooked something in Dr. Sears literature, I don't believe that he intended to advocate older preteen or teen boys sleeping in bed with their little sisters. I would be really interested to read about that though, if he did write it. Personally, I would not even want to put a boy that age in that position--sleeping with his little sister. JMHO.

No the case I am talking about they arrested the perp after they found her hair in his car. I can see the car, him and I can see the ball park. For some reason I want to say it was in the Dallas area. I will see if I can do some research and get more information. Wish me luck.

I remember that. I think it happened in Plano. Seems like there was some kind of controversy though that they had the right person or something along those lines.

Thank goodness this company has video that recorded activity. That's is a plus!

Yes! It is very close up video, good quality from a security company, no less. I don't see the red car in that clip, but maybe I am confused about the spot.

Anyone catch the father's criminal record that Nancy just showed, looked like at least two DUIs and a marijuana charge in 98 it flashed on the screen fast I couldnt read it all though.

Someone on NG just said that both dogs..cadaver and scent dogs were brought into the house & one got hit inside the house...
Anyone else hear that..? Who said that?

I don't know where we are getting the idea that Isa sleeps in the same bed as her older brothers. Nancy made some "shocking" statement at the beginning of her show tonight that Isa usually sleeps with her siblings. This is not verified information and we have no idea if she sleeps in their beds with them.

We don't even know if it is true that Isabel ever slept with brothers...isn't the only source NG?

If she did, and this night was special/different for some reason, then it could be important though.

I would like to think that I am a pretty open-minded person, but I have to agree with you here. I thought that I read that in an article this morning, and it wasn't from Nancy Grace. I could have read it inaccurately though. I feel that it is of concern if she was sleeping with either brother; it is not appropriate for a 6 year old girl to sleep with a 10 year old boy either, in my opinion.

My 7 year old daughter and 10 year old son frequently have "sleepovers" in each other's rooms on weekends. I've never given it a thought. :what:

Mom has a court docket record too. I posted it a couple of days ago. Nancy failed to mention that. Dismissed after a year. 2002 to 2003 & 2 others?

I remember that. I think it happened in Plano. Seems like there was some kind of controversy though that they had the right person or something along those lines.

I had that thought in the back of my head. I think they arrested someone and then maybe had to let him go. I think it was Plano too. ty

JMO... My brother was always scared when he was little. More often than not, he would end up in my room, sleeping with me. Also, when we spent the night at our grandparents, we shared a bed until I was probably 15. We also still share a bed on vacations- I'm sure her brothers weren't thrilled about sharing their room/bed with their little sister, but I bet they were happy (? not sure if that's the word I want) that she came to them for comfort since she was their baby sister. I was excited that my brother thought I could protect him.

Just my 2 cents, and a scenario that isn't sinister.

Yes! It is very close up video, good quality from a security company, no less. I don't see the red car in that clip, but maybe I am confused about the spot.
My impression is that he was showing footage NOT related to the Celis house. I could be wrong.

My 7 year old daughter and 10 year old son frequently have "sleepovers" in each other's rooms on weekends. I've never given it a thought. :what:

That is a personal choice that I respect. Thank you for your perspective.

Anyone catch the father's criminal record that Nancy just showed, looked like at least two DUIs and a marijuana charge in 98 it flashed on the screen fast I couldnt read it all though.

I posted the father's record up thread about an hour ago. I do not recall any charges for marijuana though.

I will look at the video to see what she posted.

I have six grandchildren. 4 boys and 2 girls. One family is 2 sons and the other 2 have brothers and sisters. Ages 10 to 13 and none of them will sleep in their own bed alone. Each have bedrooms and they either sleep with each other or in bed with mom and dad. I think it is strange that they won't sleep in their own bedrooms, but I have found out that they are scared to sleep alone. One of my granddaughters (13) stays upstairs when she comes to my house because she feels safe up there. What is scaring our children so much?

JMO... My brother was always scared when he was little. More often than not, he would end up in my room, sleeping with me. Also, when we spent the night at our grandparents, we shared a bed until I was probably 15. We also still share a bed on vacations- I'm sure her brothers weren't thrilled about sharing their room/bed with their little sister, but I bet they were happy (? not sure if that's the word I want) that she came to them for comfort since she was their baby sister. I was excited that my brother thought I could protect him.

Just my 2 cents, and a scenario that isn't sinister.

Agreed, some people have dirty minds and I doubt she was sleeping with them probably just in the same room because she was scared or something and wanted to be with her big brothers. Kids are kids.

My impression is that he was showing footage NOT related to the Celis house. I could be wrong.

There is a house directly between Moore Security and the Celis home, but evidently there is a camera that shows the area close enough, and the activity (cars/people roaming) that it is of interest to TPD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti