Trial Thread 4/26/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have asked previously if there were toxicology tests done on her remains, I don't recall seeing an answer...
When did they get the tea?

...if you look back at the forensic Scientists examines you will see that Tori's body after being 3 mths under rocks were very hard to do toxicology tests ...her body was in a decomosed state...hard for me to type ...she was identified thru dental records ...maybe someone else can clarify with links....way to desturbing for me too look back at that....they visited Tim horton;s for tea that was also siad in numerous posts way back ....hope that helps you LoyalSleuth ....robynhood ..

THANK YOU Prosecutors
You did a FABULOUS job
Praying for JUSTICE for lil Tori

This case has so much evidence its not even funny. Again the only thing that isnt screaming 100% guilty for some is the rape. I am at a 80/20 but if I was a juror weighing all the evidence I would say he is guilty of the rape because of the following reasons...
[Respectfully snipped for brevity]

Ladi, you've got me thinking... There's been a series of unpleasant sexual assaults in Ottawa recently - it started off as pulling down of pants and appears to be escalating. I won't go into it too much, but it occurs to me that forcibly removing clothing is a form of sexual assault. A quick look on the mighty web would appear to back that up.

Even if you exclude TLM's testimony about the sexual assault, certain details of the crime scene suggest strongly to me that the clothing was removed before the attack that ended her life, and not after as, say, an attempt to prevent DNA transfer of the attackers' hair, tissue, etc. to her clothing

I wonder if there has to be any evidence of actual sexual acts in that context?

Ladi, you've got me thinking... There's been a series of unpleasant sexual assaults in Ottawa recently - it started off as pulling down of pants and appears to be escalating. I won't go into it too much, but it occurs to me that forcibly removing clothing is a form of sexual assault. A quick look on the mighty web would appear to back that up.

Even if you exclude TLM's testimony about the sexual assault, certain details of the crime scene suggest strongly to me that the clothing was removed before the attack that ended her life, and not after as, say, an attempt to prevent DND transfer of the attackers' hair, tissue, etc. to her clothing

I wonder if there has to be any evidence of actual sexual acts in that context?

I think you are right about what you wrote in bold. I would agree that it is sexual assault.

testing for drug in a body is usually done with hair strands..I am sure they would have had sample of TS hair even after three months.. I know some drugs will dissipate over time but i wonder if this test was carried out... JMO

@AM980_Court
  • Heeney says the next step is Derstine deciding if the defense will call evidence. He will inform the court Tuesday morning at 10 am.
‏ @AM980_Court

• No court tomorrow. Derstine will have the weekend to make his decision.

Did he mean "call witnesses"? If he has evidence, it should have been disclosed to the Crown by now.

@AM980_Court
  • Heeney says the next step is Derstine deciding if the defense will call evidence. He will inform the court Tuesday morning at 10 am.
‏ @AM980_Court

• No court tomorrow. Derstine will have the weekend to make his decision.

This seems ridiculous to me??? Why wouldn't the Defense have to be prepared TODAY and ready to move forward? Does this happen often in Canadian courts?

I understand if the hour is late, that you excuse everybody and start fresh in the morning - but taking whole days off seems overly generous to me??

Salem

Has MR been charged with drug trafficking and if not, why hasn't he been charged or will this be dealt with post outcome of this trial.

His comment on FB: Good things .................

IMO, this was his cryptic message to all his customers to let them know he was picking up a supply of Oxy's that day.

He probably used FB to let his customers know when they could buy from him.

Just MOO

Did he mean "call witnesses"? If he has evidence, it should have been disclosed to the Crown by now.

I think he said evidence. Both the London Free Press and AM980 reported it stated as such. JMO

‏ @RaffertyLFP
  • Heeney tell jurors they will find out Tuesday morning if the defense will present any evidence
@AM980_Court

Good night (it's late evening in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia) and thanks to ALL for keeping the thread updated. I look forward to this trial being over; it's draining but it's important to see it through to conclusion for Victoria Stafford.

JMO

I have often wondered if she was conscious during the BA visit and this HD stop... No Movement at all seen in the vehicle... TS seemed so spirited and smart IMO, she would have known the car is not moving - why wouldn't she of peeked out saw they were in public and made a fight for it, scream, something... IMO - she was gone already, passed I mean...

Interesting thought. The scientist did say that Tori was alive when her ribs were kicked in, rupturing her liver, which then aspirated to her lungs. I'm sure I am not using all the right technical terms, but I do think she was alive at Mt. Forest. :(

Salem

AveryFreeFMNews Crown rests its case. Judge tells jury he will ask the Defence if he wants to call any evidence on Tuesday when jury returns. #Rafferty......

IMo what kind of evidence can he possible provide....I agree strongly with post # 262....sAILOR bug ...YOU SAID IT EXACTLY ...i TOO THANK THE cROWN AND pRAY FOR JUSTICE FOR TORI ....AND AGREE WIth who ever posted ....they FEEL ASHAMED THAT THESE 2 PEOPLE SHARE MY PROVINCE AND i TOO LIVE 2 HOURS AWAY ...MAKES ME SHAKE ....as I could have been that primary teacher on that stand if tori lived here ...breaks my heart her last hours at school....full of energy jumping in muddles ....I send my warmest strenghth to the whole family of TORI ....I wish the defense would say no evidence we rest our case ....omg I feel so sad...robynhood !

I was asking that myself many times. Maybe they gave Tori some pills too just to keep her quiet.

TLM and CM were iv drug users. gave TS a needle of "was it heroin they took"..whatever drug it was they took. IMO

This seems ridiculous to me??? Why wouldn't the Defense have to be prepared TODAY and ready to move forward? Does this happen often in Canadian courts?

I understand if the hour is late, that you excuse everybody and start fresh in the morning - but taking whole days off seems overly generous to me??

Salem

maybe it's the courts reasoning that now the crown has presented their last piece of evidence that maybe the jury would need some time to digest that and the defence may want to show their side at the beginning of the week without a break in between..sounds reasonable to me..we need to remember that someone's life is at stake here and I am assuming his lawyer and our Cdn. courts want to get it right... I know we here on this site who are following this trial want it over and done with but we are not on trial so I am glad that tomorrow is not a court day because it is a Friday and I for one would like to see a continuous flow to the defences side..... JMO

I have often wondered if she was conscious during the BA visit and this HD stop... No Movement at all seen in the vehicle... TS seemed so spirited and smart IMO, she would have known the car is not moving - why wouldn't she of peeked out saw they were in public and made a fight for it, scream, something... IMO - she was gone already, passed I mean...

I wondered the same, at least if perhaps the percocet he bought were used on her.

But, I don't know if you're following the Breivik trial at all? In some of the the most disturbing testimony yet, he talked about how interesting he found it that many of the people he killed froze like rabbits when he confronted them. That some stood as still as statues, even when he ran out of ammo, watching him as removed the spent mag, retrieved a fresh mag, loaded the weapon and then killed them.

I don't know that in times of extreme duress we always respond in a logical way, or in the way we hope we would. :(

Craziladi and Jezebel, sorry yesterday I did totally have a brain fart. I was using my CTB to calculate and I get $700 for both kids (I get so much as I am a student a the moment). So you can get about $350/per child depending on your income. Sorry everyone for the misinformation :)

that sounds much more reasonable.

I can only hope I go down a size, or three! LOL
When eating stuff like cheap hotdogs from walmart, store brand kraft dinner, and store brand mr noodles (to save money to make sure my kid eats properly), weight tends to balloon.

But, I'm fine. This is only temporary. It can get depressing, but as you said, there is always somebody out there worse off.
When my daughter starts school, I can get a job and get off OW (which is a humiliating experience every 3-4 months, and cause for depression in itself... ). Minimum wage is better than what is received on social assistance. Looking forward to eating broccoli again :)
Always light at the end of the tunnel... and my light is green and shaped like tiny little trees (and tastes great with cheese). It also does not have any crotch holes :) (haha)
(and proudly, my daughter never wastes a single bite of her broccoli)

The struggle you are facing now will work its self out, but will make you so much stronger. It sucks being on any type of assistance and those who actually need it, my heart goes too and know just how tough it can be and thankful everyday to have only used assistance once in my life.

Broccoli, tomato and mac and cheese is a fav meal of mine

I have always felt that MR and TLM drugged TS to the extent she would be very sleepy, perhaps so sleepy, they transferred her to the trunk somewhere between Woodstock and Mt. Forest. I always wondered if TLM put garbage bags and hammer from HD in trunk, as a means to check on TS to ensure she was still sleeping. Why the need to place one small bag in the trunk.

This always made me wonder if TS vomited on the back seat, at some point from being given a drug, however, I don't believe vomit would be the main reason he disposed of his back seat.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member