Trial Thread - 9 May 2012 Judge to give Jury Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linda Nguyen ‏ @LindaNguyenPN
Gowdey now taking jury thru #Rafferty's Blackberry use on Apr8,2009 on day #ToriStafford was kidnapped

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
The Crown is once again going over the evidence from #Rafferty's Blackberry records. Saying McClintic's version matches records.

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said Rafferty was intent on getting certain kind of Puma shoes to replace the ones that showed up in the video from April 8

He went to an auto wreckers yard, exchanged his blackberry.

I never made the connection before--He wanted the same shoes, not so much because they were his favourite pair, but that they were seen on him in a video. It wouldn't look good, would it if he got rid of his shoes and his car seat......MOO!

#Rafferty shaking head, muttering in disagreement as Gowdey suggests records show his cell was off during alleged rape and murder on Apr8

LindaNguyenPN #Rafferty shaking head, muttering in disagreement as Gowdey suggests records show his cell was off during alleged rape and murder on Apr8

Morally yes ... Legally I am not sure it is considered 1st degree.

As the lawyer said today, he drove her to her death. 1st degree in my mind since she was a kidnap victim. Even if they were in a car accident and Victoria died that way I would consider it 1st degree as it would have still been during a kidnapping....Or choked on a tim bit or got bit by a poisonous snake....

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said surveillance videos were "silent witness" show that Rafferty and McClintic were working together and confirm her testimony

Showing shots from the video presentation.

LindaNguyenPN The phone records show #Rafferty drove out of Woodstock, to Guelph and Mt Forest on Apr8- just like TLM says they did #toristafford

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
on #Rafferty messaging girlfriends after 8 p.m. Crown: “He never skipped a beat”

The phone records show #Rafferty drove out of Woodstock, to Guelph and Mt Forest on Apr8- just like TLM says they did

The Crown is also taking the jury through a review of the video surveillance tapes analyzed by Special Const. Gerry Lana

Going over what Gerald Lanna, the video expert, told the jury.

Gowdey notes it was 8 minutes and 30 seconds of time with McClintic in the Home Depot. Reminds the jury Tori had to wait all that time...

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey talks about watching 8 minute Home Depot parking lot video "Just think of what Tori had to endure that 8 and a half minutes"

I think that MR defence would have had a better chance if they'd skipped the one witness and opted for presenting last.

I don't think they would have had anything to add to their closing argument and Derstine knew it as someone here mentioned before. MOO.

Crown says phone records "really unquestionable evidence" about Rafferty's movements on Apr. 8/09. Backs up McClintic's testimony

LindaNguyenPN The phone records show #Rafferty drove out of Woodstock, to Guelph and Mt Forest on Apr8- just like TLM says they did #toristafford

tweeter said these viedo are being shown to make it clear to jury thru videos that TLM & M.R. were working as a team....I thik N/t caught that tweeter ty ...N/T...msy coming in once....

AM980_Court Gowdey notes it was 8 minutes and 30 seconds of time with McClintic in the Home Depot. Reminds the jury Tori had to wait all that time..

AshtonPatis ‏ @AshtonPatis
#Rafferty is seemingly angry today. Mouths a lot of words in disagreement to the Crown's final arguments and shakes his head.

He knows what's coming.

Gowdey notes it was 8 minutes and 30 seconds of time with McClintic in the Home Depot. Reminds the jury Tori had to wait all that time...

RaffertyLFP: Gowdey said Tori was probably hungry and terrified when she siting in that parking lot

...wondering what would happen to her. Having to watch that video in silence was the "least we can do for Victoria" Gowdey says.

Going on break for 20 minutes.

RaffertyLFP Gowdey said surveillance videos were "silent witness" show that Rafferty and McClintic were working together and confirm her testimony...

that is the tweet I was looking for ...

AveryFreeFMNews The Crown is also taking the jury through a review of the video surveillance tapes analyzed by Special Const. Gerry Lana. #Rafferty

...that is what the jury is doing now...by the way !

Crown compares 8.5 mins of silence that jury watched a video recap earlier in trial to time Tori spent sitting in car terrified

:(

20 minute morning break called.

Gowdey asks the jury to think about how Tori feels in Guelph. She is supposed to be with her friends watching a movie, must be hungry.

Laura Carney ‏ @TheLC_75
8.5 min Home Depot surveillance video. Gowdey says watching that is nothing compared to Tori having to sit in the car with

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member