Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he Barrister up on the day she was found, or the day she was identified?. One area I am curious about, is if it is the day she was found....was it prior to her being found?. Was he possibly aware that she was going to be found that day?....I know, I am being weird. But I thought I read somewhere that he retained a barrister first thing in the morning....and the canoeist found her at 11am. Perhaps he realised with the rains, it was only a matter of time.

mmm sorry guys but cant get away from that canoist...........

I hope they did i wonder if i should call crimestoppers myself?? Would they listen to me not being in the area?? Or maybe i could somehow give them my friends details??

Maybe you could ring and just report your friend mentioned what they'd seen and you aren't sure if they called it in. I guess they can advise you from there whether they need him to call it in or if they have the info already?

Lawyering up........when your wife is 'missing' is odd. He and his sister claim she was depressed. If they were trying to give the impression she had committed suicide, then there would be no need to lawyer up...............as the police can usually tell whe suicide has occurred. To lawyer up, means you are pretty sure foul play has occurred. My husband says that until my body was found, he would always presume I was going to walk through the door...(so why need a lawyer?). He knew she was dead and was covering his a$$............................................Why?

In this case yes, because he had other curious behaviours. But not all women are missing/killed by their husbands hand. Imagine an innocent man faced with constant media swarming his every move and shoving a microphone in his face everytime he stepped out the door? An innocent man would have every right to hire a lawyer to deal with it. Unforunately in this case, the lawyer wasn't used for that purpose.

Agreed. And this isn't the first time I've heard a suspected spouse say "oh they were depressed". It seems it's either "depressed" or they "ran off with another man".

I would think a more natural reaction would be "WHERE IS MY WIFE? I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED! SOMEONE FIND HER!" And then when she is found deceased, they would be screaming for JUSTICE!

Thanks....In relation to the bit i've highlighted in your quote......I secretly wish she had a man in that latter stage of her life.....Not in a way to add to the gossip here.................But, I would love it, if at the last stage of her life, she had someone who loved her and cherished her, in a way that only a loving partner can. It seems by the talk here, that GBC may have moved on and that the family were even aware of this other lady.............................I just hope she felt loved when she died.....that different kind of love (not kids, friends, parents). I dont think so though :(

Who would say "let us be normal" in such a situation? I didn't say that when my CAT was missing overnight, let alone a loved one! :doh:

In my opinion it was almost like them saying, "well what's done is done, it's over, let's all move on & get straight back to normal".

How could anyone be thinking of "getting back to normal" in such circumstances!!

They did lower their Aussie flag to half-mast though....half way through the afternoon...how considerate of them.

Ok...... so they had their septic tanks & rainwater tanks all emptied & checked out plus they all got up on their roof to check them out???

The Baden Clays too ??...

I wouldnt say thoroughly for the tanks, however they did have a good poke around. Roof/gutters were very well searched, IMO.

mmm sorry guys but cant get away from that canoist...........

Oh no I don't want to be accusationary about him....................But there is something about the timing that bugs me. Yeah, I know, the waters would have risen due to the rain etc.

He said he was not prepared to talk about "suspects or persons of interest".
"A number of people have assisted us and inquires are still continuing," Supt Ainsworth said.
"We're not narrowing in on anyone. We're keeping an open mind and have to run our investigation in a professional manner to ensure every piece of information is examined and run out thoroughly

They are also still looking for people who were at the roundabout.

It makes me wonder why people won't contact crimestoppers :( I guess people are just scared that they will be accused of having something to do with the murder??

http://www.news.com.au/national/pol...lison-baden-clay/story-e6frfkvr-1226351442743

I was reading a news report today on ninemsn and it says that there has been no Suspect/POI mentioned. I think we just started saying on here who we thought the suspect might be. But it turns out since then there is an accomplice (which could be anyone) I left a message on here not long ago because i have a friend that just told me they seen a white van hanging around at the rounabout when Allison went missing :(

:rocker:

oooooooooh - that was post number 666 angel1

Oh no I don't want to be accusationary about him....................But there is something about the timing that bugs me. Yeah, I know, the waters would have risen due to the rain etc.

I have never even thought anything about that. Ddidn't even speculate on the validity. I guess either they did or someone else gave the info to police.. who knows. Interesting on the same day they narrowed the phone search to 150m around Baden-Clay house and neighbours. The report on that said searchers where told where to look.

In this case yes, because he had other curious behaviours. But not all women are missing/killed by their husbands hand. Imagine an innocent man faced with constant media swarming his every move and shoving a microphone in his face everytime he stepped out the door? An innocent man would have every right to hire a lawyer to deal with it. Unforunately in this case, the lawyer wasn't used for that purpose.

Id be thankful..............Id be using it as my advantage.....TO FIND MY WIFE!!!

"Media help me.....Let me run inside and get a photo....(runs back) this is what she looks like....PLEEEEEAAAAAASSSE anybody, if you see her, contact the policce"

He said he was not prepared to talk about "suspects or persons of interest".
"A number of people have assisted us and inquires are still continuing," Supt Ainsworth said.
"We're not narrowing in on anyone. We're keeping an open mind and have to run our investigation in a professional manner to ensure every piece of information is examined and run out thoroughly

They are also still looking for people who were at the roundabout.

It makes me wonder why people won't contact crimestoppers :( I guess people are just scared that they will be accused of having something to do with the murder??

Or scared of the consequences of getting involved in reporting.. you never know what goes through peoples minds. but I agree they have continually called on help for that, My thought is how could you not if you saw something (even if you didn't I believe they were just looking for anyone driving through between times mentioned)

Nobody has been officially named as POI

When I was looking back over some earlier media releases, I am 100% sure that prior to the body being found, GBC was named as a person of interest...but is was something along the lines of, GBC is "naturally a person of interest".

Then the polcie denies he was a person of interest once the matter was ramped up to "Unlawful Homicide".

So I think he was named as one, then never refuted to be one.

Allison%20Baden-Clay-420x0.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/i...d82Pb3_1qB5tYUMvxApnKDtKDkGqMJYrRjhEi5OMQq6fw

:waitasec:Yes within the first day or so, he was POI, then a couple of days later they said he was officially no longer a POI, now, its just 'no comment'.

Did he Barrister up on the day she was found, or the day she was identified?. One area I am curious about, is if it is the day she was found....was it prior to her being found?. Was he possibly aware that she was going to be found that day?....I know, I am being weird. But I thought I read somewhere that he retained a barrister first thing in the morning....and the canoeist found her at 11am. Perhaps he realised with the rains, it was only a matter of time.

"The body, found on the banks of Kholo Creek at Anstead, 10km west of Mrs Baden-Clay's Brookfield home, was identified late on Tuesday, a police spokesman said."
(http://www.skynews.com.au/topstories/article.aspx?id=745626&vId=)

"A "DEVASTATED'' Gerard Baden-Clay has hired a second lawyer on the same day police confirmed that his wife Allison had been murdered. "
(http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/devastated-dad-hires-a-barrister/story-e6frg12c-1226344341717)

Hi Guys!

First post from me, but long time lurker on the site (I have read all 5 pages and have enjoyed your sleuthing! :)).

Just a few things:

1. Someone pointed out that TM had not aged well in the past few years. To me, it seemed that she had just lost some weight and that can age a person (not relevant to the case).

2. Great sleuthing from the person who matched up the description from Daily Telegraph with the cached copy of the C21 website! Without speculating on the precise nature of TM's involvement in the case, if the police have interviewed her that many times, at the very least it is reasonable to assume that they think that she has some information that bears on the case.

3. Some people have made a big deal out of the the description of the BC's and TM on the C21 website. The purpose of the website is to make the agents attractive to buyers. The copy could well have been written by someone with marketing experience for the sole purpose of attracting business, and therefore is not a true reflection of how each of the sales staff view themselves.

4. For the same reason, I wouldn't read too much into the scarcity of info under ABC's name. Even though she is a registered sales agent, her main roles are listed as HR/Public relations. If she was not actively involved in selling, there is no need to try to create a warm fuzzy feeling about her to try to get people to list with the agency. She was more behind the scenes. Also, given that one of her roles was PR, she might have written the copy for the other sales agents and did not feel comfortable writing such glowing copy about herself (possibly indicative of self-esteem issues).

5. Without even drawing a strong link between GBC and TM; given that TM has worked for a long time with all the BC's, it is reasonable that she would have a close relationship with all of them and thereby might have inside information about a variety of matters of interest to QPS. That alone, could also account for her presence at the elder BC's house and pictures on Facebook etc.

I've certainly got my speculative thoughts about all of this (unsubstantiated of course! :)) but looked at in the most benign way, it is certainly reasonable for the police to have an interest in what TM might know about a variety of things (business, finance, personalities etc.).

Like some other posters have mentioned, I'm a big fan of Occam's Razor and think that when someone is finally charged, it will reflect the most simple and obvious conclusion based on the evidence.

Solaris :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member