AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personal speculation:

Most houses I have seen that were recent builds (within the last decade) in the SW had a kind of "cubby" area outside to store the garbage cans (and recycle can). I wonder *if* the Celis home has a "cubby" for the bins, if so where is it located? I don't see one to this side of the house but the fencing is really high to be able to see over into the yard.

Just chatting, not going anywhere specific with this...JMHO.

I don't believe that's necessarily true. Our house (in the Phoenix area) was built in 2005 and has no such place for the garbage cans--they simply go in our backyard behind the gate.

Nobody in our neighborhood has one unless they built it themselves after the fact. I believe the same could be said for most of the developments in the area.

As a mom to championship winning hide and seekers, when I say "I looked everywhere" it probably means "I looked in all the places I would usually find so and so/child".

Doesn't mean literally looked, it's an expression -- I am sure BC said this in panic and familiarity.

But another MAIN thing that bothers me is that if she had just gotten home, surely she would have rushed in to confront the husband. Wouldn't any of us?

I don't want to really have to think about being in this position that this family, especially BC, is in. However, I have no idea what I would do. Logically, I think my first objective would be to have an anxiety attack, get in my car and speed home, then have a full on freak out that didn't make much sense. I feel that is what exactly happened here, and I feel BC didn't know her rear from her head in those moments. SC on the other hand... I will sit on my hands over his response.

Yes

2u3xidy.png

That dispatcher sure didn't ask a good question. Which of you didn't find her? What happened to "Who discovered her missing"?.

Either way, the boy didn't answer the question which would have been invaluable to all.

Didn't Rebecca go to school in Nevada?
I keep reading where she would have language and cultural issues and it is confusing to me, maybe I am wrong about where she grew up?

Reports have consistently said the wall around the house is 5' tall. The wood fence is either 4' or 5' feet tall (step down in plaster wall noted), moo.

Thanks! I had seen the wall closest to Isabel's room on the NG episode where they talked to the neighbor and it looked about 5'. I'm not good at judging measurements. I'd make a really bad eye witness if I had to describe how tall a perp of a crime was!

JMHO

Dang, I really can't imagine it takes as much as 20 minutes to drive from TMC to Broadway and Craycroft area. I'm a local and have not had that experience myself.

Personal speculation:

Most houses I have seen that were recent builds (within the last decade) in the SW had a kind of "cubby" area outside to store the garbage cans (and recycle can). I wonder *if* the Celis home has a "cubby" for the bins, if so where is it located? I don't see one to this side of the house but the fencing is really high to be able to see over into the yard.

Just chatting, not going anywhere specific with this...JMHO.

Can't answer your question, but on NG there appeared to be a large trash bin(s) outside the gate on the alley side (I think). I was just wondering if those just stay out there or do they set them out every week on pickup day like we do. If they set them out, how do they get them out. I guess it would not be via the back wooden gate?

If I had found evidence of SC's connnection to drugs, I would certainly have no hesitation in posting that evidence (redacting any birthdates/addresses/identifying numbers/etc. of course). I would explain these mysterious codes to others, if I had that information.

it's old. i've posted it before, twice.

11/5/93 CR93615330 13-3415 Possession, manufacture, delivery and advertisement of drug paraphernalia (pled guilty)
http://www.jp.pima.gov/casesearch/casesearch.aspx

Thank you! Seems everytime I look at any pic related to the house I see something different... is that a really low wall out front and is it accessible to the rest of the yard?

Thinking also ... not impossible that Isa was lowered out some other window of the house (and it was then closed), probably assuming more than one perp though and not knowing whether the Celis' said all the rest of the windows were locked. That doesn't really answer how someone got into the house though.

I think the window is bogus!
A distraction
Set up!
false info!

JMO

I do not think Isa went out that window!

I'm so confused now. The 14 year old said RC had just got home? While he was not home?...But SC said she had just got there and it sounded like she had JUST got there because he was unsure about who she was on the phone with, thinking she had called LE on the way home??

IIRC, one of the locals said her home was about 20 minutes away from her hospital. I imagine she ran right out the door when Sergio called her, but it would be at least 20 minutes anyway for her to arrive home.
So how long after he spoke to her did he make the 911 call? And how long was he on the call when she arrived?

This is how I understand the time frame
1. SC calls RC
2. SC calls 911
3. Man calls 911 as result if son out looking, son gets on cell phone
4. RC arrives home, SC tells this to 911 and ends call
5. Becky is running around the home frantic
6. Son arrives home with 911 connected on cell phone, RC gets on the line with 911

If I am correct, that did give her some limited time to check around the house.

I don't believe that's necessarily true. Our house (in the Phoenix area) was built in 2005 and has no such place for the garbage cans--they simply go in our backyard behind the gate.

Nobody in our neighborhood has one unless they built it themselves after the fact. I believe the same could be said for most of the developments in the area.

They have what's referred to as a residential dumpster. Its a Large black plastic trash can.. They typically stay in the alley and are not exactly easy nor clean enough to move around, The tops are also pretty flimsy and not the best thing to stand on top of. My best guess as far as something to use to get over the fence would be the cable ped on the southeast corner of the property in the alley.

Interesting note... I just went to the Google Maps overview of the area and the imagery has been updated to 2012. MUCH more hi-res than what was there when I've looked in the past--I don't even remember it being this clear yesterday.

I wonder if they put priorities on updating areas that are accessed frequently? Thought it was interesting...

This is how I understand the time frame
1. SC calls RC
2. SC calls 911
3. Man calls 911 as result if son out looking, son gets on cell phone
4. RC arrives home, SC tells this to 911 and ends call
5. Becky is running around the home frantic
6. Son arrives home with 911 connected on cell phone, RC gets on the line with 911

If I am correct, that did give her some limited time to check around the house.

Ok and in between SC saying that his son is in the garage with his wife and the call ending, dispatch asks him 10 more questions before the call ends.

Thanks! I had seen the wall closest to Isabel's room on the NG episode where they talked to the neighbor and it looked about 5'. I'm not good at judging measurements. I'd make a really bad eye witness if I had to describe how tall a perp of a crime was!

JMHO

Yes, I recall her producer stating he was 5'8" and he was able to lift his leg up onto the edge of the wall for a moment. As we walked down the wall towards the wooden gate, it got shorter and there was something there you could stand on.

I think it would be VERY easy to get into the yard, the hard part would be carrying out a 44lb 6 yo. This is the part I keep turning over in my mind. So when SC said in the interview that they did not know if the window was the point of entry/exit or whatever, I have tried to figure out how someone could get out through the interior of the house without waking up a sleeping SC on the couch in the den. I keep getting stumped there. Any theory's anyone?

Hi all... Long time lurker, first post. I am not certain of my opinion yet. I have a few questions for sleuthers:
1. Has anyone sleuthed the similarly named people in the f & f scandal? Just want to be able to put that to bed in my own mind... Tia
2. Does anybody know of any proven case of a child's accidental death being covered up by a parent (besdes the CA bs)
oasn- I have been extremely conscious of what my kids wear to bed lately after all of this banter!
thanks for input!

Welcome...

and my family and I wear whatever we want to bed!

but here is an interesting approach to remembering what your child wears.

and I realize it is not practical in all cases...

but a colleague dressed her daughter and herself in similar clothes/colors, so that if her daughter somehow got lost...
she could just show LE, friends, etc what clothes her daughter was wearing by referring to her own clothes!

I thought this was clever.

Again.. It only works in some cases... But is a good idea!

ALCOHOL DRUGS TOXIC VAPOR OR COMBINATION means nothing to anyone else but me? We all know what alcohol is, we all know what drugs are, toxic vapor in combination with all the rest is of no importance to anyone but me? Yes, it's a general name for a possible combination of all the rest listed. So, somewhere therein lies the truth. There is an Elephant to me, JMHO.

Toxic vapor?
I have no idea what this is but to me i would think its something smoked in a bong!???? Or is he sniffing GLUE INhaling empty redi whip cans or spray paint cans????????????????????????/ to me that is toxic vapor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti