Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something a couple of posters said earlier really got me thinking. It always puzzled me why GBC would have rung the police so early in the morning. Waytoo early. It would have been better for him and brought him more time if he was able to say he last saw her leaving for the conference, then call the police late Friday night, and let the police find her car in some wayout place, or over a cliff.
If it was a neighbour who called police I'm sure the police would treat it confidentially and not let GBC know who it was.

It fills in lots of gaps for me if it was the neighbours or a friend of Alison who rang the police. Maybe they did not only hear something but see something that worried or frightened them.
The police may have arrived unexpectedly, and like a poster said possibly did find GBC or another family member cleaning cars or vacuuming, especially when your wife's car is there but you can't produce her. Maybe saying she went for a walk was the best he could come up with.

What amazed me was that there must have been at least 6 police cars arrive at the GBC house the morning she went missing.
This could have been discussed previously, so forgive me, but had there been a reason for them to pounce so heavily? Had Allison gone to police about something in the days leading up to her murder?

when someone has an affair especially over several years, It tends to get talked about, whispered about, locals know, work associates know etc. This 'fact' that we know about GBC makes it very easy to connect the dots and assume that somehow this character flaw must be related to the extremely suspect disappearance and murder of his wife. Naturally.
If someone is having financial problems, someone who only a short 18 months ago, was considered to have the best real estate business in Qld, and therefore used to the lifestyle that came with the success, well, this is not something that is common knowledge through the grapevine. perhaps there are some telling signs, downgrading the car etc but all in all, it doesn't really warrant as much gossip. A man in this position would be looking for a way to get back on top.
Today I am looking into financial dealings as being the basis that brought about Allison's death. I have no fact, no idea and no reason to go down this path, other than to entertain other ideas not connected to the affair. On ACA they mentioned the floods as being the crucial time that things began to fall apart as far as real estate business went. A poster earlier said that the triads were buying up cheap in brisbane (can't remember but am going to find it in a minute), they were dealing with brisbane bikies (don't know which club). another poster said that her friend contacted crimestoppers after seeing a white man with blond hair and tattoo, wearing GLOVES on the roadside looking suspicious in the days following Allisons disappearance (again, I have to find the post and reshare it because I cant remember it exactly)so with these two suggestions in mind, I thought I'd take a stroll down this lane and see what I can come up with. Any thoughts or back up would be great...or laugh me right out the door, Im cool with any of the above!!

also, If I were involved in criminal activity illegal businesses (like bikies) and were looking to take advantage of the floods by approaching real estates etc I would absolutely not leave out a successful business like GBC's was, IMO

I agree complety Hawkins..
Diagnosis of sociopathy/psychopathy rarely occurs in non criminals. Simply because the sociopath will change therapists. Sociopaths don't want to change they want to get away with it.

However as I said previously without spending time with GBC & family I can only conclude on the very sparse footage of these people.

Sociopaths are very common. They do not necessarily go around topping people. Many are your local solicitor, principal, manager etc etc.

The label psychopath paints a picture of someone in the shadows knifing unsuspecting folk. More often they are in very everyday roles.

I appreciate the responses. I had to get it off my chest and out there, even now I read it and think my pain killers are fantastic!

An endless supply of oxycodone and I could have every mystery wrapped up within 24 hrs :D

Something a couple of posters said earlier really got me thinking. It always puzzled me why GBC would have rung the police so early in the morning. Waytoo early. It would have been better for him and brought him more time if he was able to say he last saw her leaving for the conference, then call the police late Friday night, and let the police find her car in some wayout place, or over a cliff.
If it was a neighbour who called police I'm sure the police would treat it confidentially and not let GBC know who it was.

It fills in lots of gaps for me if it was the neighbours or a friend of Alison who rang the police. Maybe they did not only hear something but see something that worried or frightened them.
The police may have arrived unexpectedly, and like a poster said possibly did find GBC or another family member cleaning cars or vacuuming, especially when your wife's car is there but you can't produce her. Maybe saying she went for a walk was the best he could come up with.

Just a thought - did sister get in to town earlier than expected? On an early flight and rocked up in hire car at their house without phoning ahead?

What amazed me was that there must have been at least 6 police cars arrive at the GBC house the morning she went missing.
This could have been discussed previously, so forgive me, but had there been a reason for them to pounce so heavily? Had Allison gone to police about something in the days leading up to her murder?

That is quite possible... that would explain alot.

My guess is the body was dumped around here http://g.co/maps/csx95 in the creek but up in the dry. Probably under a hole in the bank or something like that.

Wakeskate, based on what you are saying, would the entry point be Wirrabara Road then? Do you know if there are many houses on that road?

Could someone tell me what time the children actually went for their sleepover - and who took them. Was it ABC or GBC? --- Maybe if it was GBC or if the person came and picked them up from their home - it may have been GBC who took them down to the car for them to go away for the night and they did not see ABC at the time.... What I am getting at is if one of the children had a row with their mother and she was pushed and fell and died instantly. This could be the plausable reason of his 'looking guilty' all the time. He could be covering it up with some of the family - to protect his daughter. Just another idea thrown out and is bound to get shot down in flames... but it is feasible - he is covering for someone close to him.

IMO - I do not think she was a domestic violence victim either - I simply cannot see her parents and friends sitting back and allowing it to happen myself... for goodness sake what sort of parents and friends are they if they do - the Dickies do not come across to me as if they would turn a cheek whilst knowing their daughter is being mistreated in this way. the marriage was not a good one and may have been on the rocks - and he certainly had affairs - but that does not make him a killer.

Also, wouldn't you get in your car and go looking for her if she hadn't returned from her regular walk at her normal time before calling the police?
Seems extreme so early.

I appreciate the responses. I had to get it off my chest and out there, even now I read it and think my pain killers are fantastic!

An endless supply of oxycodone and I could have every mystery wrapped up within 24 hrs :D

I do respect your opinion. In the end, we could ALL be totally wrong. Stranger things have happened, haven't they?

All I know {IMO} is that GBC has a fairly good idea about what happened... anymore than that I'm not sure.

of course you are right on this point, whether they think much of her or not is moot. but they must have built some opinion of her character. still you're right, its neither here nor there. I just thought if she was assisting them and not a POI, it might have been mentioned by them that she has been assisting them. The media certainly put their spin on things, but I also thought they communicated to a degree with police. Thanks MH

all good, its never black or white, they both use each other really. SHE is 100% a POI but there were a number of POI's in the early days.
They probably informed the police they were running a special interest story on TM out of courtesy but that's about as far as it would go.
:)
You know what in fact, if anything, that article probably proves she had nothing to do with the murder in any way. hard to believe I know but probably the reality.
If QPS 'liked' TM for this murder/involvement and if they were getting closer to her, their media liaison team would have probably asked Qld Newspapers NOT to run a story like this as it happens...(asked not demanded)

that story was mere sensationalism and 'bottom line' driven but dont get me started on that again...:maddening:

I am based in Shanghai and have been following this discussion for about a week since an Australian friend mentioned this at dinner about two weeks ago. She said that she was working in an office that provides "paperwork" for mainland Chinese businesses to enable migration to Australia. Apparently one way is to invest in companies that own real estate and that Brisbane had become popular since the floods with the lowest prices against the higher Australian dollar. She mentioned that some of the "investors" in China were in fact triads with very strong connections to white collar bikies in Australia. Apparently they (the Chinese) have loads of money and want to secure Australian citizenship for their children (only one child per family in China) and are doing all they can to give them a brighter future. Anyway, my friend mentioned that the triads and bikies targeted some of the businesses that had been distressed by the floods. Many had welcomed the business but some had refused and that they would "set an example" to make others cooperate. I do not know how much truth is in this, but I had heard that immigration to Australia from East Asia using this method was very common.
Since investigations have only revealed a well-known affair, which are very common anyway, and there have been no arrest it would seem the investigation is beyond that of a typical suburban household.

this was the post re: triads

For anyone that's interested i was just talking to my friend and he has sent through the information of what he sent to crimestoppers

On the morning of the 20th my friend and i were driving through the roundabout going up to Brookfield road. On the side of the bridge where Allison was found we noticed a white van driving slowly over the bridge. When it got to the other side we noticed that it came to a complete stop, A guy with blonde hair, about 5'11", clean shaven with a noticable tattoo got out of this van and was looking very strange. It was like he was watching out to make sure noone was in the area.

Hair colour Blonde
Height 5'11"
hair length Medium
build Average
complexion Fair
Tattoo
clothes Blue Jeans, white shirt and gloves ( which looked like gardening gloves)

Description of van (which he told me)

White in colour, Damaged left hand side headlight and number plate started with RA but he didn't have a pen to write it down.

He told me that the guy looked very strange and wondered what he was doing in that particular area. He has reported it to crimestoppers twice now so hopefully they will look into it this time

and here is the post re: suspicious person

Could someone tell me what time the children actually went for their sleepover - and who took them. Was it ABC or GBC? --- Maybe if it was GBC or if the person came and picked them up from their home - it may have been GBC who took them down to the car for them to go away for the night and they did not see ABC at the time.... What I am getting at is if one of the children had a row with their mother and she was pushed and fell and died instantly. This could be the plausable reason of his 'looking guilty' all the time. He could be covering it up with some of the family - to protect his daughter. Just another idea thrown out and is bound to get shot down in flames... but it is feasible - he is covering for someone close to him.

IMO - I do not think she was a domestic violence victim either - I simply cannot see her parents and friends sitting back and allowing it to happen myself... for goodness sake what sort of parents and friends are they if they do - the Dickies do not come across to me as if they would turn a cheek whilst knowing their daughter is being mistreated in this way. the marriage was not a good one and may have been on the rocks - and he certainly had affairs - but that does not make him a killer.

I'm not saying it was DV either... but I will say that it's common for nobody else to know about DV in a family. The bully makes sure it's all well hidden. My family would have taken action if they'd known at the time, but they only found out when I left him. It wouldn't be a reflection on her parents or friends if they didn't know, or didn't help.

I don't think anyone knows if the children had a sleepover on the Thursday night, can't seem to find any info on it. As for DV victim, I personally think a lot of victims don't tell everything to their family or friends and try to cover it up

I believe everyday GBC will be coming closer to breaking. Each little bit of info the police release is done for a purpose, and that purpose isn't to satisfy the public.
If they can obtain a confession things are easier.

Can you imagine the stress each day waiting for that knock on your door, and even worse not being able to contact TM and having no idea exactly how much she has told the police, which I'm sure will be everything she knows.
IMO only

Agree, I imagine he would have been crapping himself when QPS knocked his door the day after the funeral, where they spoke to him for 10 mins at the front door. IMO, perhaps they were telling him that they were really close to making an arrest and wanted to know where he would be for the next couple of weeks so they could keep him informed of his wife's killers arrest??? :jail:

The Dickies live on the Gold Coast don't they? This means that they probably didn't see Allison everyday, although they might have phoned each other regularly and hence, might not have seen what was going on between the two of them; just told about it.

One thing is for certain about this case, the media and sites like this have managed to ruin one business (C21 Westside) and two careers (GBC and TM).
I know when I go to sell my house in the area I wont be using any of them (if any of them are still around). Not because of what they may or may not have done, but because of what others will think.

hear what you are saying but i think he has ruined his own business due to his behaviour post Allison's disapperance..
Having said that, whilst there is still any doubt in the community of his innocence, no matter small, it would have been very hard to sustain a business like his whereby you rely on trust, communication, referrals and relationships.
If his business was not a 'high street' type business and he had a business in an industrial zone for example or a supply business to manufacturers where the public at large don't deal in then he would have been less exposed and less risk of financial loss. but sorry it aint to be GBC...you're on the high street kid with the rest of us...

I agree but I also thought he stayed away from the command post so that he avoided being questioned by the locals and avoided public scrutiny re his reactions.

I find that dispicable.....What is more important waiting for your wife and Mother of your children to be found or worrying about Public Perception...If you are innocent then you have nothing to hide and the locals can go suck it...

Honestly...If you were innocent and your loved one went missing what could be more important???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde