Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
One the trial starts the media will report on each day's proceedings. The judge is unlikely to issue a non publication direction because of the strong public interest element. Papers will disable the reader comment function for fear of sub judice contempt charges. What the owners of Internet fora do is their call. Posters make their comments but the owners will know that a trial is under way and have obligations. The sub judice period generally commences with the drawing if the indictment (charge). The rationale is to limit influence on proceedings outside of the admissible evidence. I suspect forum owners will advise about posting policies based on advice from their legal advisors.
HAWKINS: Thank you. This is the kind of information which is helpful on this forum. We appreciate your contributions.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...iness-has-closed/story-e6freoof-1226370411425

"I've had people calling up thinking we're closed but that's not the case."

Mr Baden-Clay's Century 21 real estate office opened from its new location yesterday for the first time.

some of those may of been sleuths from here :floorlaugh:

:floorlaugh: Ha, yeah, and here he is thinking people are still wanting to sell their homes through him, and all the time it's just little old us. lol

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...iness-has-closed/story-e6freoof-1226370411425

GERARD HAS MOVED OFFICES - BREAKS HIS SILENCE (GOOD ON YOU GERARD)

wow I am lost for words, how can he break his silence and talk to the media about his business, oviously he cares more about his business than his wife.
IMO
that makes me so damn angry. How dare he make no mention of his wife!!! He spent 11 days out in the wet and the cold. His girls spent 11 days having no idea if mummy was coming home or not. To not speak up for her but to speak up for his business??? What kind of a person can do that? And what's with the hobo chic he's rocking at the moment? Crisp white shirt with a face like Grizzly Adams?

Guilty or not, this guy really peeves me <insert swearing rant here>

that makes me so damn angry. How dare he make no mention of his wife!!! He spent 11 days out in the wet and the cold. His girls spent 11 days having no idea if mummy was coming home or not. To not speak up for her but to speak up for his business??? What kind of a person can do that? And what's with the hobo chic he's rocking at the moment? Crisp white shirt with a face like Grizzly Adams?

Yep !! Hard to understand isn't it?

No your original point was the local men would be jealous of him because he seemed to 'have it all'..
And you still have not addressed this incorrect point that you raised. Yes some women may have thought that he was going places and was easy on the eye and thought 'what if' - God Help them!

But local men envious of him? not a chance H
And that was your initial point, whether you accept it or not is a different story.

And yes I agree, there are always hidden debts behind some of the big end of town. But that wasn't your point was it.
Not sure where the 60 y.o retiree comments come in to it? Are you saying he was chatting up retirees?? LOL
Nope - my original post was not that local men would be jealous of him, I'm afraid. I said some of them might or could have been jealous of him because of what they preceived his situation to be. There's a vast difference in meaning between would , might and could, if one goes to the finer points of language. I didn't state anything as fact. Even on this forum however, many threads ago, some guy wrote in complaining about having met GBC while looking at properties. The prospective buyer was miffed because of the way GBC had (apparently) flirted with his wife - no doubt due to a smidgeon (at least!) of jealousy.

GERARD HAS MOVED OFFICES - BREAKS HIS SILENCE (GOOD ON YOU GERARD)

wow I am lost for words, how can he break his silence and talk to the media about his business, oviously he cares more about his business than his wife.
IMO

Well we know where his priorities are and have been.

The Dickies were at the command post day after day, Gerard was in his office.

Disgusting insult to break his silence for this self promotion. IMO

"I've had people calling up thinking we're closed but that's not the case."

Mr Baden-Clay's Century 21 real estate office opened from its new location yesterday for the first time.

some of those may of been sleuths from here :floorlaugh:

You guys totally crack me up!!! Tis good to know if I should meet my demise in less than pleasant circumstances, you will be hot on the case and managing a laugh along the way!!! :fence::what:

Gerard Baden-Clay breaks silence for second time since wife Allison's murder to quash rumours his business has closed

"It's very much business as usual and that's what we'd like to get out there," he told The Courier-Mail in the shopping centre's underground carpark.

It's only the second time Mr Baden-Clay has broken his silence since he reported his wife missing to police after she failed to return from an early morning walk at 7.30am on April 20.

Yes have to love the "business as usual"....all "back to normal" now people...on with the show...

So, is there a difference in what the suspect could be charged with? I mean in terms of type of murder? Or do you just get charged with the murder of someone and then later the legal people work out what you go on trial for? Eg manslaughter, murder one (or is that just in American TV shows?).

I'm just thinking perhaps that's why the toxicology report is so important ie showing premeditation. So the police know what to charge him with?

Excuse my ignorance.

In Australia we don't have murder 1. I am not sure of Hawkins qualifications. But he seems to have a fair grasp of the legal side, and I kind if feel innapropriate posting on it because I probably don't have the same knowledge. But I believe you are charged with Murder or Manslaughter. Its then up to legal to prove this in the trial.

Well we know where his priorities are and have been.

The Dickies were at the command post day after day, Gerard was in his office.

Disgusting insult to break his silence for this self promotion. IMO
I am absolutely flabbergasted......

And he has top notch lawyers advising him on how to deal with the media?????

IMO there could never be a bigger faux pas than this!!!!

wholeheartedly agree Bellgirl, I am friends with many of them. I guess a couple of points I was trying to make initially with 'you know who' was that his argument of other men being jealous of him becaue he appeared to be living the good life was flawed in oh so many ways. Secondly Bell girl, I know for a fact that people like GBC (occupational hazzard) make a bee line for the more affluent in communities. It sticks out like dogs balls when people do this because it is generally so forced and 'try hard', and in fact some who know him have mentioned this in previous threads.

As a result of the above, ladies in the socio range that he was supposedly charming the pants off would not have been impressed by his lexus or his rented home. And subsequently neither would the men in this same socio group been threatened in any way shape or form.
Speculating, 'pressure cooker' effect within the confines of the family? My opinion only, not fact.

I don't get this. How can you run a R/E office from a 5th floor? What about shop window, passing traffic, etc.??? Hmmm ... is there something fishy here?

One of my clients runs a Property Management business with a large rent roll( 10 property managers)and it is on the third floor. She moved from a main road shop front and cut her rent in half. It hasnt affected her business in a negative way.

Also regarding property sales, gone are the days where people went from agent to agents window to search out properties, it is all on the internet now.

And how can we, as a society, stop this? Is it a product of their environment or is it inherited? Can we, as parents to our children, raise them in a different manner to avoid creating these destructive personalities? Can we, as parents, give lesser importance to the role of boys (men) in society by instilling in them that women and men are equal, that men do not have to be the breadwinners and heads of the household, etc.? I am so sick of seeing so many cases of domestic violence where it appears that nothing is being done by us, as a society, to put a stop to these abusive people!
I once was in a relationship with someone with whom my counsellor described as a pyshcopath.

He was someone who had been able to get away with whatever he wanted in life by saying he was sorry and was even in his adult years rewarded by his parents after it was discovered that he had been having affairs (multiple). They rewarded him by buying him a boat and sending him a birthday card, soon after the discovery, telling him what a good person he was and how proud of him they were, all within days of our daughter being born.

He was never held accountable for his actions until I called an end to the relationship and then it was the end of the world to him and he proceeded to stalk me. (he had no concern at all about losing contact with his daughter only me who he regarded as his)
When I first saw GBC he reminded me soooo much of my ex.

Nope - my original post was not that local men would be jealous of him, I'm afraid. I said some of them might or could have been jealous of him because of what they preceived his situation to be. There's a vast difference in meaning between would , might and could, if one goes to the finer points of language. I didn't state anything as fact. Even on this forum however, many threads ago, some guy wrote in complaining about having met GBC while looking at properties. The prospective buyer was miffed because of the way GBC had (apparently) flirted with his wife - no doubt due to a smidgeon (at least!) of jealousy.

NO. I don't think it would be due to a 'smidgeon' of jealousy. Probably due more to the fact the GBC showed no respect by flirting with this man's wife. I mean, come on.

"GERARD Baden-Clay has denied his Century 21 Westside Taringa real estate agency is on the rocks."

"It's very much business as usual and that's what we'd like to get out there," he told The Courier-Mail in the shopping centre's underground carpark."

So there you have it, straight from the horses mouth.

Can WS members understand from this statement that any alleged defamation does not seem to have had an impact as it is "very much business as usual" ?

No opinion, just asking a question based on his press statement.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/gerard-baden-clay-breaks-silence-for-second-time-since-wife-allisons-murder-to-quash-rumours-his-business-has-closed/story-e6freoof-1226370411425

This guy definitely needs a P.R. Guy, he's not making himself any more popular. Think any support he may have left would be gone after "business as usual" comment. Oh dear, it just gets worse!!!!:banghead::rocker:

I once was in a relationship with someone with whom my counsellor described as a pyshcopath.

He was someone who had been able to get away with whatever he wanted in life by saying he was sorry and was even in his adult years rewarded by his parents after it was discovered that he had been having affairs (multiple). They rewarded him by buying him a boat and sending him a birthday card, soon after the discovery, telling him what a good person he was and how proud of him they were, all within days of our daughter being born.

He was never held accountable for his actions until I called an end to the relationship and then it was the end of the world to him and he proceeded to stalk me. (he had no concern at all about losing contact with his daughter only me who he regarded as his)
When I first saw GBC he reminded me soooo much of my ex.

Yes, we are their possessions. That's all we are to them.

So, is there a difference in what the suspect could be charged with? I mean in terms of type of murder? Or do you just get charged with the murder of someone and then later the legal people work out what you go on trial for? Eg manslaughter, murder one (or is that just in American TV shows?).

I'm just thinking perhaps that's why the toxicology report is so important ie showing premeditation. So the police know what to charge him with?

Excuse my ignorance.

Hi Nads - if you find my post #1098 (or perhaps someone can tell me how to repost?) we were discussing the elements of murder and manslaughter back there. This may help.

Just to add to help find it, it was on thread number 6.

The comments from the commissioner sums up exactly what a few of us have said.
"When you're an investigator . . . you have to get it right. You don't get a second chance," he said.

"Everything that they do has got to be done properly in a considered way to gain all the evidence possible before they make a move."

"When and if we decide to prosecute anyone, we have to make sure that we've got that as right as we can and we've done all we can in that space beforehand."

No second chances. Got to get it right to get the conviction. And that takes as long as necessary. MAking me wonder though if this is going to take alot longer than we might have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant