LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
To clarify. They're still looking for this truck, right?

Truck-475x333.jpg

NO!

It's the other truck going in the other direction in the same direction as Mickey (which also makes it the most suspect of all 3).

:waitasec:

They look the same to me.:banghead:

Did to me too, but I think the most noticeable difference for me (not being a truck person) is the shape of the windows of the crew compartment. I think.

Did someone write that Mickey has been into Circle K?
Or did I read incorrectly. It was the post about police going to Circle K again yesterday.

Just because LE has said these vehicles could not provide info does not mean they did not.
LOTS of people have been looking for them and this could be a way to get people of their back. LE is very calculated in the info they give to the public, even though some LEA will make you wonder if their calculator is broke. Now let's see what is behind door number three! (3rd vehicle)

I think they're trying to drive us over the edge.
It's working. :D I don't know whether to give up sleuthing and following cases, or move to Lafayette yesterday. ;) Btw, I'm just kidding.

Thanx for a much-needed laugh.

:grouphug:

For those living in the Lafayette area: A while back was there not a woman (could have been a man) who had multiple DUI's and accidents with injuries caused to others and maybe even a fatality? From what I remember this woman was never incarcerated?? Trying to jog my memory. Louisiana has to be the absolute best state for Drunk Drivers, they go free! For all I know the court gives them a debit card to use at their local bars!

Any chance the location of the headquarters at Blackham is because they think that around there is likeliest area for an abduction or am I making a crazy link there?

Btw, I have always assumed from the beginning it happened near St. Landry extension road. That place at night seems like an ideal spot for an abduction.

On the other hand, that is just pure assumption. My assumption is that it is much easier to do something like that there than on St. Landry between Circle K and the beginning of the fields. If someone were following her, it just seems that they could wait a bit longer for a safer bet.

This story gives me the creeps. Whoever did it pisses me off sooooo much.

I originally thought that the main two places something could have happened would be in front of the old Lourdes or St. Landry near Coliseum. But after they said yesterday that they had no additional footage of Mickey other than what was released, I'm not so sure...I don't know why they would lie about that. I mean, I know sometimes LE holds information back, but I would think that if that was the case, he'd say "we aren't commenting on that at this point" or "we are still reviewing footage" or something like that instead of saying "no" when asked if she was found on any other footage.

Do any of you know the following:

Do LE ever tell lies or do they only withold information?

For example, does the newsbreak coming today mean they identified the owners AFTER the last press conference? Or could they have pretended to still be looking for all owners but have already ruled out 2?

I'm assuming they don't lie but maybe you guys know better.

Chicken Fried left at 11:45 my time. Said he'd be a couple of hours. It's just 1:30 here now.

I'm off to a funeral, but will check back in later.

The big old Olds was not hard for me to find (and may not even be the same one). No way in heck am I going to be able to find a white Z71. Well, I'm sure I could easily find a bunch of them in Lafayette.

For example, does the newsbreak coming today mean they identified the owners AFTER the last press conference? Or could they have pretended to still be looking for all owners but have already ruled out 2?

I think they give misleading information if it's for a specific reason, like luring or flushing out a suspect.

I don't think they routinely flat out lie about everything. They can obfuscate within specific guidelines.

LE has been known to withhold certain truths and, in doing so, cause some misdirection amongst the public via the media. That's in a grey area, lie-wise. But that isn't, or shouldn't be, standard operating procedure. A little goes a long way. Use that tact too often and your public loses trust in you, as does the media, and LE does rely on media to inform the public.

Heard the news about the 2 vehicles on the radio on the way back.
Was hoping that either of the two would help.

Well, at least now they're looking for ONE vehicle and no longer chasing different VOI!

Chicken Fried, glad you made it back. I was getting my girdle all in a twist. At least take someone with you next time!

Now I'm confused.

Has the make and model of the truck that picked up the Patterson woman been specifically and absolutely nailed down?

i've thought from the start that something happened on the st. landry extension. i've ridden my bike out there at night(with a boyfriend) and even when you are with someone you trust it is still really dark and really creepy. the fields in that area are so large that they are used as a dog park, ultimate frisbee and rugby field all at the same time.

Feelings like she made it all the way to those fields also makes me wonder about the makeup brush my friend found. it was in that area in a fairly shallow ditch.

Right when the headQ moved to blackham my first thought was, oh my, what if she disappeared right next to the coliseum. Especially because we saw the brush and wondered why LE hadn't retrieved it. (For those interested, my friend's call fell between the cracks. they finally bagged and took the brush on sunday....yes. a whole week later).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500