LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points, all. I've stuck with the "crime of opportunity" scenario, the vehicle edging beside Mickey and striking the back of the frame and back tire, and an organized offender scooping up both her and the bike, thus to leave nothing at the scene - but that's just a guess too.

I agree.

I don't think it was a drunk /distracted driver just trying to cover up a tragedy because if he hit her hard enough to kill her, there would be a lot of evidence left strewn about the ground. He could not have cleaned up everything in a short time without being seen. There would be tiny shards of plastic and or blood or skid marks.

And if he didn't hit her that hard, then what? Does someone seriously take an injured young student and then kill her to avoid getting a DUI?

I believe it was an organized, experienced predator, most likely. He may have seen her at the concert earlier or at the Taco Bell, or just happened to see her riding by on her bike. :mad:

It's a bit of longhand to do, but there are a couple of ways:

1) Use the copy/paste feature. First, open a Reply in the newer thread, then manually change the name of the poster to the one you're quoting from the previous thread; then go to the old thread, and highlight/copy the text you wish to quote; then go to back to the new Reply you opened (you'll use multiple tabs or windows) and paste the reply into the format;

2) This board appears to use vbulletin technology, so you can manually open and close the quote by using vbcode. [ quote =Username] (with no space in between the [ and the word quote and the = sign) will open the quote; and [ /quote] (removing the space between the [ and the /) will close the quote;

3) If you're using Firefox, there is a vbcode extension available, which will automate the above process (from #2).

I just copy and paste the whole thing and then edit what needs to be after it's applied in the reply box for the current thread. BUT, always PREVIEW post before finally submitting to make sure it is correct. Same with pics....so not be blow margins (all the time). HINT HINT....LOL

Well i just drove down coliseum road and st. landry, to see what was going on...
There was only one cop car, directly in front of a home located between henry and st. julien. Two other cops were walking the opposite way, back towards the circle k. (ive attatched a picture of the two LEOs walking away.)

I also drove to circle K and removed the flyer chicken fried made for the car. Should have printed a new one for the truck before i left. I can go by and put one after work if we have one made by then.

Thanks. My husband did say it didn't look like much, but not until after I posted. I was going to ride out there shortly. Thanks for saving me the trip.

Actually, the questions about the other trucks, truck, whatever is a mute point now lol, they/it has been ruled out, I don't personally care if it was red, white and blue, it's not a valid question anymore. OY

It probably doesn't matter that much. One of those trucks is a VOI and that doesn't even say that much. May not be involved at all! That said, I didn't too "lol" because their damn statement was NOT CLEAR. They eliminated a white truck with a bed cover but there are photos of THREE white trucks. It was here that people speculated the truck on University had a bed cover. I don't believe the cops said that. They said one at Circle K had a bed cover. So, what about the truck on University?

We shouldn't be to hard on the reporter, she is NOT an investigator on the case and she is parroting info given to her by LE. It is quite unique that the local media was even willing to have a Q and A to confirm basic info. I think that some of the questions asked probably wanted to make that poor lady reach into her desk for a bottle of whiskey.

I feel so sorry for the reporters covering a live-stream of the courtroom proceedings--- and the questions have to be censored before any can be posted or answered. Enough for pulling your hair out and qualified on the expense report for a double martini lunch!!!

It probably doesn't matter that much. One of those trucks is a VOI and that doesn't even say that much. May not be involved at all! That said, I didn't too "lol" because their damn statement was NOT CLEAR. They eliminated a white truck with a bed cover but there are photos of THREE white trucks. It was here that people speculated the truck on University had a bed cover. I don't believe the cops said that. They said one at Circle K had a bed cover. So, what about the truck on University?

:banghead:

No offense.

Can someone pull up the traffic cams over Whiskey Bay right now and see of there is a lot of activity? I can't see te live cams from my iPhone.

Yes, you can. Here is an alternate way to quote from a closed thread. Copy and paste the quote that you want, and then use [Q]....[/Q] around it, and it will look just like you quoted it. Easy as pie.

eta: I just tried it and it didnt work. :angel: But there is a way to do it, I just cannot remember---does anyone else know?
Your method works, but instead of "Q", spell out "quote".

Another method is to use the 3rd icon from the rite (last icon in the Quick Reply box)...above the reply box (it looks like a comic strip "bubble")...

You don't need to have 2 tabs/windows open (but it's usually easier and quicker that way). You can copy the text from the "old" thread you're in...use several of various navigation methods to get to the current thread...click on the 3rd icon from the rite (which puts the "begin quote" and "end quote" commands in the reply box)...position your cursor in between the first "]" and the second "[" and insert your previously copied text. :D

You can also do the insert first...then highlite all that inserted text, and click on that 3rd from the rite icon. :D

I usually have to manually type "=WhomeversUsername" immediately after the "quote" keyword in the "begin quote" command...unless I copied someone's quoted text (rather than their own post)...e.g., those quotes may say "Originally Posted By WhomeversUsername".

HTH...in a hurry and it's so much harder to explain via text than voice or demonstration. ;)

Btw on a PC, you can use "cntl c" for copy, and "cntl p" (keyboard) for paste.

Yes! This makes them MUCH easier to go through. Great job btw, wfgodot!

I haven't been posting long, but I agree. Plus it's date specific, so you know if it's likely to contain new information.

Btw on a PC, you can use "cntl c" for copy, and "cntl p" (keyboard) for paste, and depending on your browser, you can also use the "edit" toolbar for each (mouse).

and on a mac its command+c and command+p

:banghead:

No offense.

Yeah, I feel that way, too. I guess you can enlighten us which truck they meant by one one with a bed cover - the one going the opposite way of Mickey on St Landrey AND the one on University, because there are THREE, count 'em THREE pics of pics of white trucks and they said the eliminated ONE.

I'm really leaning towards the truck being a 4-door GMC Sierra 1500 Z-71 2006 or so. The rounded front bumper has me convinced that its a mid-2000's model. The bumper became more squared on the more recent models.

Can't get my images to attach.

I know everyone's got their panties all twisted about the trucks... but I think we need to study it more.

I know the truck with the bed cover has been eliminated. The truck travelling in the same direction as Mickey is still in question. But... the white truck in the same location travelling in the opposite direction does not have a bed cover. Are we positive they aren't the same truck?

Just to add to the confusion... in the picture of the Oldsmobile there's a white truck driving towards it at the top of the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member