CANADA: Luka Rocco Magnotta, wanted for murder and dismemberment

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSM reported the victim was reported missing. The articles were posted today.

Well if he was reported missing, what is his name? Since nobody has reported it, I am doubtful he was actually reported missing.

I wont argue with that but its not my position to make those decisions.

Oh I know. I wasn't directing it at you. I apologize if you thought I was. It's just unbelievable to me that these sites are out there and like you mentioned earlier there are even worse sites (??) That is so very disturbing.

Same with Youtube and the postings of the kitten killings. How can we stop it? These psychos take pleasure in exposing this horror. :tears:

It is one of many like it. As a matter of fact the murder video can still be scene on one of these sites. Seems no one complained about it.

I dont agree with a lot of things in life but the one thing I dont agree with most is any form of censorship on the internet, once we start to accept it the net as we know it will cease to exist.

Anyway...

Well if he was reported missing, what is his name? Since nobody has reported it, I am doubtful he was actually reported missing.

I'm not making it up. Like I said, the articles were posted. Believe it or not, I guess.

Oh I know. I wasn't directing it at you. I apologize if you thought I was. It's just unbelievable to me that these sites are out there and like you mentioned earlier there are even worse sites (??) That is so very disturbing.

Same with Youtube and the postings of the kitten killings. How can we stop it? These pscyhos take pleasure in exposing this horror. :tears:

Just gotta take the good with the bad I guess, people will always take advantage of good things but those who enjoy the good things should not be punished because of those few bad apples, I am for a FREE AND UNCENSORED internet, PERIOD.

Don't know if this was posted already but this has the useful info from the "kitten killer hunters" that have been on facebook sleuthing for years. You don't need a facebook account to view it now....

http://www.abproject.org/

Same with Youtube and the postings of the kitten killings. How can we stop it? These pscyhos take pleasure in exposing this horror. :tears:

FWIW, this stuff happened before the internet existed, and websites collected information on it. If the internet blew up tomorrow it would still happen. I'm not advocating that these sites are for enjoyment and we should all sit around and drink beer while looking at them, but just that...they aren't the cause or even the trigger. People do these things. When it is something this extreme, it's just pathological. Shutting down the sites wouldn't make a difference.

I have learned more about true crime than I would have ever known from "shock sites." Yes, they are graphic. But most of the user base isn't there for pleasure. Personally, when I'm visiting one I skim over a lot of the images to read the discussion and links. I find a lot of people do.

Not advocating/debating. I just wanted to offer another perspective.

On tonight's CityPulse or Global News (I forget which one because my brains are blowing right out of my head because of this!! :eek:) they said that the owner of the site is from Edmonton and as of today his PayPal account was shut down. So, hopefully he'll soon go out of business.

:clap:

I can't get over how many tips and warnings were given to various LE detachments about this guy for many reasons and all were ignored. Had he been approached for investigation following some of these warnings the murder could have been prevented.

The Pickton case didn't have much of an impact on Canadian LE like it did the citizens.

I dont agree with a lot of things in life but the one thing I dont agree with most is any form of censorship on the internet, once we start to accept it the net as we know it will cease to exist.

Anyway...

Oh, I agree with you there. I just figured since this is evidence in a crime and LE usually likes to keep evidence to themselves they would have stopped the video being displayed. Also out of respect for the family that may not even know this is their son or brother until they find it has been shown to the world.

I can't get over how many tips and warnings were given to various LE detachments about this guy for many reasons and all were ignored. Had he been approached for investigation following some of these warnings the murder could have been prevented.

The Pickton case didn't have much of an impact on Canadian LE like it did the citizens.

I hear ya!! :jail: :waitasec: :jail: :waitasec: :jail:

Canada's LE works so much different from ours. Wouldnt the bedsheet and shower curtain be taken in as evidence??

http://www.thestar.com/iphone/news/...-suspect-luka-rocco-magnotta-s-apartment?bn=1

Beats me Kindra .. IMO, the items certainly should have been taken. That's what evidence lockers are for, no? :waitasec:

I'm sure they've taken pics that would match up with the video, so maybe that's all that's needed, but still ...

I sure hope they haven't bungled evidence collection.

FWIW, this stuff happened before the internet existed, and websites collected information on it. If the internet blew up tomorrow it would still happen. I'm not advocating that these sites are for enjoyment and we should all sit around and drink beer while looking at them, but just that...they aren't the cause or even the trigger. People do these things. When it is something this extreme, it's just pathological. Shutting down the sites wouldn't make a difference.

I have learned more about true crime than I would have ever known from "shock sites." Yes, they are graphic. But most of the user base isn't there for pleasure. Personally, when I'm visiting one I skim over a lot of the images to read the discussion and links. I find a lot of people do.

Not advocating/debating. I just wanted to offer another perspective.
That is a good point, one of the unfortunate results of this thing we call FREEDOM is that it gives one a right to FLY HIS FLAG or BURN HIS FLAG, both in my opinion are powerful ways to express oneself politically. The same goes with the issue of gore sites, if we ban those do we also ban the horror movies that can be rented at blockbuster, there is no difference, and then were do we stop, wont be long until we have public book burnings and throwing people in jail who write or say something that offends others. When it comes to freedom there is no gray area it is the most black and white issue there is you either want freedom or you want fascism, you cannot have both.

Now I do understand people being repulsed by gore sites I DO NOT LIKE THEM but I dont GO TO THEM and that is the answer, if you dont like something dont partake of it but you cannot rightfully deny that freedom to another without calling yourself exactly what you are, a fascist.

That is not directed at anyone here, just my opinion and from someone who lost a lot of blood fighting to make sure people would always have the right to burn the flag that I fought to defend.

Oh, I agree with you there. I just figured since this is evidence in a crime and LE usually likes to keep evidence to themselves they would have stopped the video being displayed. Also out of respect for the family that may not even know this is their son or brother until they find it has been shown to the world.

In the video I linked a few posts up, I believe, it was stated they got it off one website. It's just viral. This one is going to be hard to get rid of.

If it's not that video, my apologies. There's such a media whirlwind. I'm on overload.

Thank you!

I thought there was a missing person report? How could they not know who the victim is? :waitasec:

I believe that the vic was reported missing but as his family is not in Canada they have to wait until they have been officially notified before they can release his name.

I hear that, it is a very unfortunate situation for the family of this victim.

Beats me Kindra .. IMO, the items certainly should have been taken. That's what evidence lockers are for, no? :waitasec:

I'm sure they've taken pics that would match up with the video, so maybe that's all that's needed, but still ...

I sure hope they haven't bungled evidence collection.

But here they would have to have taken the bedsheets and the shower curtain (even the mattress) to do DNA testing, etc.. to prove it was the victim's blood on it at trial.. So strange throwing it all out..

And allowing cameras in the apartment afterwards.

They're flip-flopping on it Pax. This morning was "they had no reason to doubt" blah blah.

Seems to me they might be trying to keep him off-balance as to what they think or don't think. Could be he might surface with some blithering about he does or doesn't know her.

If that FB page is truly KH's sister, then it appears she has certainly accepted him as a friend under his Vlad nick.

Just bouncing off this post/bolded statement.
It is not her. I was snooping around, trying to verify the authenticity of the profiles. The profile pictures of both 'Vladmir' and LV were uploaded on the same day (November 17, 2010). The Homolkas, Magnottas, and Bordelais 'LV' has befriended are random and seem to have no connection to any of the people related to KH or LRM. (some people on facebook accept random friend requests, this seems to be the case with LV's 'friends').

Somebody has went out of their way to create a link between Homolka and Magnotta and has slandered Homolka's sister in the process, pretty much.

There may or may not be a link between LRM and KH, but this is not that link. I don't think they dated at all, although it is possible that they know each other somehow. Perhaps he has been in contact with her. It seems that HE is obsessed with HER and is going out of his way to establish a link between them.

The police have retracted their statement that the two have dated, and are now saying that they are aware of the rumour, but do not have proof of a link, nor do they have proof there is no link at all.

Now, in my opinion, he probably has been in contact with her. He probably initiated this contact. Whether or not that contact was reciprocated, who knows. I don't think he has dated her, or has ever put a hand on her children. That picture of him with the baby... I do not at all believe that child is related to her.

:moo: :moo: :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member