LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two pieces of information that I collected personally that bother me and make me think she made it to congress. if someone was chasing her, what evidence do we have that the chase ended at St. Landry and that are going to mysteriously see her in the back of that truck if you look hard enough. have you guys thought about the possibility that the chase lasted longer and maybe that's why her route isn't making any sense and no one has found physical evidence yet. Or maybe she did get into a vehicle/truck willingly?

But, the chase would have had to begin clear back almost at where her friend lived, because she didn't go in the direction that she normally would have, instead she went in the opposite direction toward St Johns, that's the problem that I have right from the beginning. And, if she made it further say to Congress, and there were no bike parts found around there, then there was no accident.

I find it hard to believe that LE would find the bike and tell KATC before they notified the Shunicks, but if that is what happened, which it may have, then ask yourselves, what in the heck is going on here? I find it hard to believe that they would publish the pics of the trucks and then car of interest and Mickey before they briefed the family and the family PI, but I'd they did that was just beyond weird that they were not on the same page about what they were looking or and why. and again, where are the fisherman who found the bike? why hasn't the media found and interviewed them? that is an easy story that would in no way interfere with the investigation and keep the public interest up, wouldn't you think? two fisherman make big catches like that and none of them are talking about it? really? Well maybe,but my gut says, really?

I believe its possible she changed her route because LE has asked for any video between 1:30 and 3:30 am. I will find a link if needed. Why the 3:30 am cut off? Wondering if this could relate to her phone pings or being turned off. I wish we had more phone info.

Once the cameras lost sight of Mickey as far as I can see there is no proof she was headed home. BW believed she was headed home however I think its possible she could have stopped somewhere else. She did get a text after the 1:31 am call from a friend correct?

I wonder if LE were able to retrieve the phone logs. If this was a pay as you go phone are the records available?

JMO

Rules Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Helping the MODS for anyone who wants to be verified as a local here is the link how to do it.
Hope it helps.

Thank you!

I've not been able to keep up timely with everything surrounding Mickey's disappearance so I'm not sure why the post in question was removed. Reading here now, I assume it is because whatever was being claimed as a fact was not substantiated by a link or the poster is has not been verified.

Please click on the link in JDB's post I quoted for anyone who wishes to become verified in a professional capacity.

Info shared and presented as a FACT must be accompanied by proof via a link. It is to protect the integrity of the information here...so members aren't derailed and distracted by theories with no factual basis.

Continuing to discuss the content of posts that have been removed is completely against the rules and TOS.

I have alerted the other mods who are more familiar to weigh in personally with the post in question. Drop that discussion now.

There are two pieces of information that I collected personally that bother me and make me think she made it to congress. if someone was chasing her, what evidence do we have that the chase ended at St. Landry and that are going to mysteriously see her in the back of that truck if you look hard enough. have you guys thought about the possibility that the chase lasted longer and maybe that's why her route isn't making any sense and no one has found physical evidence yet. Or maybe she did get into a vehicle/truck willingly?

Does not explain why you think she made it to Guilbeau.

Also the idea that the photo of the truck facing University captures a person sitting on the back edge of the truck bed has been discussed long ago. But, that is considered to be the same as the "Bed Cover" truck seen going north on University. So it could not be her in the back.

As a person who has been active with a certain segment of the search, I can assure each and every one of you that we are not being given "extra" or "more" information than the family and general public is being given.

Anyone who says differently, I would want to know what LE officer told them Mickey was last seen in an area that differs from what they've told the public.

Agreed. I have only contributed one tiny piece of info here that wasn't necessarily public knowledge, and I guess according to TOS if would be considered a rumor since I didn't go through the proper channels to be verified as a local--that said, I don't think it was relevant to anything. Now as far as this stuff about other videos or whatever, NO ONE that I've been in contact with at the search headquarters or out in the field, has ever claimed to have any such "extra" knowledge as those posters on here are stating. It is odd indeed!

But, the chase would have had to begin clear back almost at where her friend lived, because she didn't go in the direction that she normally would have, instead she went in the opposite direction toward St Johns, that's the problem that I have right from the beginning. And, if she made it further say to Congress, and there were no bike parts found around there, then there was no accident.

Not really. She went in the normal direction down Parkside from Ryan St. She just turned off instead of staying straight on Parkside to cross University. She went a square block or so out of her way and ended up crossing at St. John/St. Landry.

I find it hard to believe that LE would find the bike and tell KATC before they notified the Shunicks, but if that is what happened, which it may have, then ask yourselves, what in the heck is going on here? I find it hard to believe that they would publish the pics of the trucks and then car of interest and Mickey before they briefed the family and the family PI, but I'd they did that was just beyond weird that they were not on the same page about what they were looking or and why. and again, where are the fisherman who found the bike? why hasn't the media found and interviewed them? that is an easy story that would in no way interfere with the investigation and keep the public interest up, wouldn't you think? two fisherman make big catches like that and none of them are talking about it? really? Well maybe,but my gut says, really?
So...are you alluding to a coverup or conspiracy of some type?

I would prefer that LE has some evidence to which "we" are not privy.

Maybe the fishermen didn't want to come forward? IIRC, they called the bike into a tip line. They did not call 911, and savor the limelight. Maybe they just wanted to stay out of the public's eye for personal reasons.

Now I am wondering ..... if the biker with the backpack was Mickey and the other rider was B?

Did cross my mind, yes. That means she would have had to rendesvouz with that person very shortly after the Circle K photo.

there are no cameras at Martin Castille. there wer two bikers on Parkside behind Martin between 1:30 and 2:00

The fisherman may not want to talk to media, sure. But to other fisherman? Really? Why don't one of you go down to the store in Boutte la roe and ask them who were the fisherman who found the bike?

Seems to me LE has really backed off once the RM name surfaced. Dirty little network in LA. Nobody in authority can be trusted. My money says the case goes cold but Lord I hope not!

Folks, the person, and I use that word loosely, was a psychopath, due to the obvious lack of empathy for her family, or her. The person/s responsible will have a prior criminal record, probable sex offender with a long criminal rap sheet which includes meth arrests.
Can't remember a case that I have researched that didn't include drugs/meth and a sexual motivation when a young female was abducted. The truck is insignificant due to the probability of it being stolen, IMO.
Unless and until LE releases more info to the LA community/American public; their most valuable resource in abducted/missing persons investigations, all we can do is rely on speculation, conjecture, and rumors..
This case, as are most missing persons cases is analogous to mending a broken vase with a shard missing..

http://www.death2meth.com/MethSurveys.pdf

Criminal Effects of Meth on Communities

All I know is what our terms of service are here at WS. No rumors are permitted.

I initially believed what you are saying here, that if her path varied from the norm that early on, it meant she was spooked very early on.

However, after riding through and walking through the path she took, we are literally talking a second or two longer of a bike ride, on a much wider, much better lit road. Plus it puts her crossing University at a light, which would make her crossing easier.

I know longer think she had to have been spooked early on.

The police didn't tell KATC, did they? I thought KATC had a presence in the area and observed the bike recovery. They put it out as the bike was recovered, but LE had not verified that it was Mickey's in the first press releases. Plus, the police did NOT verify that the bike was Mickey's to the media or public before Mickey's family knew. Mickey's MOTHER is the one who actually verified that the bike was indeed Mickey's. And LE did not know for 100% sure until then.

It is possible the fishermen are not talking because they don't feel like letting the public get all snoopy into their business.

BTW, just read a post of yours in which you asked if we wanted you to publish an article stating about the two bike riders. Are you with main stream media?

No offense, but it sounds like your are just theorizing wildly. You ask a lot of "IF's", but don't know answer to any one them, correct. It seem to be assuming some big conspiracy and I am not sure why. Are these just your personal fears?

I am also wondering where the first picture of her on Vers. Blvd is. It was taken by surv cam at townhouse complex showing her headed to University not St. John.

grammie, under what circumstances was it acceptable for them to give you and 4 others this "extra" non-public info? Are you family? Did they tell you to keep it on the DL??

AND, were they (the searchers) told NOT to talk to anyone about the info they were given? Just wondering if this isn't why people are talking, because they weren't told by law enforcement not to?

What kind of vehicle is next to him? Vehicle looks white to me. Is that another person standing by pump on the left?

It seems to me all gas stations have cams on their pumps.

Gas station did have cams but they only showed their parking lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500