LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys, know y'all are working hard trying to get info on white truck.
Let's say MS was a little upset when she left BW's. When females are upset, they sometimes have to get their point across. Correct ladies? What if she was trying to go back? What route could she have taken if she wanted to go back to BW's for whatever reason? Or maybe she realized she left her phone accidentally and didn't want to go all the way home without her phone. Wouldn't that take her completely out of any camera ranges on St Landry? Sorry if this upsets anyone. Question may have been asked already.

Well she wasn't beamed up lol. If she didn't turn onto Brashear, and she couldn't go throught the large parking lot at City Hall because she would have been seen on camera, so that leaves us with what?

This:

:ufo:

I'd have to wonder (just wonder), too, if a phone ping (before it was turned off or whatever) might have contributed to choosing to search that location.

They would by this time should of requested the cell phone records and received them.

Thus maybe they are basing their information on a combination of things such as security camera footage, cell phone pings etc.

A smartphone will use GPS to track location. An older, non-smartphone (analog) will use triangulation. GPS does not require the phone to be powered up to send its location, whereas an older phone does. However, a destroyed smartphone may not transmit location. Essentially, the GPS does not require battery life, and the "pinging" on the older models do.

You don't need to be using your phone to have it "pinged", it is constantly doing it whenever it is powered up.

I believe LE should know exactly (within a few feet) of where her phone was powered down, however that occurred. Whether it was destroyed, turned off, or the battery was removed. They should have that information from the phone company by now. I have seen cases where it takes longer to get that information based on the legal issues in any one particular state. But, by now, they should have it. This does not mean that the perp cut power to her phone at the spot she was taken, but he may have. This information may not even be beneficial to their investigation, but they do know, IMO.

http://pursuitmag.com/locating-mobile-phones-through-pinging-and-triangulation/

With the older style analog cellular phones and digital mobile phones that are not GPS capable the cellular network provider can determine where the phone is to within a hundred feet or so using “triangulation” because at any one time, the phone is usually able to communicate with more than one of the aerial arrays provided by the phone network. The cell towers are typically 6 to 12 miles apart (less in cities) and a phone is usually within range of at least three of them. By comparing the signal strength and time lag for the phone’s carrier signal to reach at each tower, the network provider can triangulate the phone’s approximate position.

I dont think so. As it is, majority of people who commit these crimes are repeat offenders with felony arrests, thus already have their DNA on file....and it doesnt stop them from doing it again.

I agree ACI most violent felons and sexual predators are recidivist and are responsible for a very high percentage of violent crimes commited.
However, DNA Laws aren't present in every state and their dna hasn't been submitted to codis. Many states such as TN, have recently passed familial dna laws which can alleviate this problem.

Seems, that everyday on MSM we hear of predators/serial killers that were active for decades are now being identified and arrested due to upgrades in forensic technology & DNA laws.

Could have been somebody she knew. If someone she knew pulled up next to her and invited her to get in, that might not make a lot of noise. Would take some balls though, to do it in a neighborhood.

However, at 2 a.m. it is very rare that someone is watching out a window. Most people are sleeping and wouldn't notice a white truck picking up a girl on a bike.

Otherwise known as creepin'. As in 'She's been creepin' his page hard' (relentlessly, 10 times an hour)

Yes, I creep. That's why my profile is locked up tight as a drum.

I put NOTHING personal on that data mining site. I joined for a political cause and keep it to issues. I don't even know the majority of my "friends". I was about to delete my acct forever (for privacy reasons) when I learned of Mickey so I put her stuff on there. The personal stuff that people put on FB stuns me.

I don't keep up with the bajillion cell phone models out there, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were models that aren't actually completely off when a user thinks he or she is turning them off. Such a phone could still be tracked though the user thinks it is off.

But in any case, a cell phone without any power (i.e. most cell phones which have been turned off) cannot be tracked. Tracking is usually accomplished via towers and the towers have to be able to communicate with the device in order to track. No power means no communication means no tracking.

However in this case, Mickey has an older model phone which I have no reason to believe is still "on" once the user has turned it off. Thus the police have not been able to track it.

Sounds legit to me. And now I feel like I know more about phones.....and knowing is half the battle. *thumbs up*

Well she wasn't beamed up lol. If she didn't turn onto Brashear, and she couldn't go throught the large parking lot at City Hall because she would have been seen on camera, so that leaves us with what?

That leaves us with the apartment complex on the left just past Brasher.

Sorry guys, know y'all are working hard trying to get info on white truck.
Let's say MS was a little upset when she left BW's. When females are upset, they sometimes have to get their point across. Correct ladies? What if she was trying to go back? What route could she have taken if she wanted to go back to BW's for whatever reason? Or maybe she realized she left her phone accidentally and didn't want to go all the way home without her phone. Wouldn't that take her completely out of any camera ranges on St Landry? Sorry if this upsets anyone. Question may have been asked already.

What leads you to believe she was upset? Something in an BW interview? I know claimed she was tired and feeling a little sick.

That dang camera footage at 216, and the two parking lot cams on the west side of LCG are key to the case.

I wonder what would happen if someone directly asked the police about those camera BY ADDRESS AND LOCATION?

I think she's on at least one of them, for reasons I'm working on.

Google the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act. You should be able to find something besides a .pdf on it. Federal charges can be pressed even though a state line hasn't been crossed.

Thank you, Bonnie.

That dang camera footage at 216, and the two parking lot cams on the west side of LCG are key to the case.

I wonder what would happen if someone directly asked the police about those camera BY ADDRESS AND LOCATION?

I think it's very interesting that they haven't released the other video of the truck they are looking for. Why?

Do the two mysterious bicyclists observed behind the funeral home work into this somehow? The rumoured bicyclists.

I agree. Things arent adding up around there. I agree someone wouldve heard something down Brashear. Unless she was instantly knocked out/bumped or if she made it to Johnston. I followed the route and popped out on Johnston and there were still no cameras around for quite a while. So thats not an impossible scenario either.

Well, I was fighting you earlier as I was farther down the learning curve, but Breshear is the only option if neither 216 nor the two LCG cams have her... unless she got picked up right there in front of Circle K!!!!

Sadly CSI is a myth. You simply cant enhance something that isnt there. And in a low res picture, the detail/data simply isnt there. But with that said, there have been some really cool advancements in "super resolution image reconstruction" algorithms. Its basically overlaying dozens of almost the same picture (maybe just a few frames difference) and running special filters which is combining the detail of all dozen pictures into one in order to make one crisp semi-high res image. Its cool stuff if youd like to read about it. Just thought Id share :D

Well, I watched Village Labs break down the Phoenix lights and some other UFO videos and they can tell a lot from light signatures. That's not even enhancing anything or trying to fix blurred images. I would love for them (or someone who does what they do) to look at these truck pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meliMar