LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
picture.php

Using street view. If you look at the parking spots on the right of the video building, there is a white truck parked among other vehicles. You can't see the cab very well, as there is a car parked in front of it. The tailgate is DOWN and there is something brown laying in the bed.

Go take a look.

White Truck on University On Cam

Attachments

• whitetruckonuniversity1.jpg
    whitetruckonuniversity1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 99
if it is a serial killer and there isn't DNA on the bike or if he's not already in the DNA registry or whatever it's called then we can only hope that he slips up with time as DTL did. i didn't realize that this is how they caught DTL, nor did i realize that they had him in their custody then let him go!!!! luckily he didn't kill again in between the time they had him then let him go.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20140259,00.html

however, if we have to wait for a slip up and this is a the beginning of a serial killer, you can assume he will kill again in the meantime

Not necessarily - from what I understand, red light cams do not record continuously, they only start recording once a violation has occured (ie someone enters the intersections after light has turned red and/or the vehicle does not stop completely before turning right on red). If the perp is a local with knowledge of this cam, either he avoided it entirely or made sure not to do anything at that intersection which would trigger the cam to record. Unless of course someone else was doing something to trigger the cam while he was at the intersection, but that's a one in a million chance ("so you're telling me there's a chance!!")

Delurking for a moment to say...
Does the irony of this strike anyone else? The red light cameras only record once a violation has occurred. But if you are the victim of a abduction...you're sol. Because that's not a violation that will be captured.

Been lurking for a while, but coming out to post. I know for a fact that the WT on the live feed video is for Louisiana Digital, it's their delivery truck and it's pretty much always there. Also, that truck is way, way too small to be the VOI. Going back in the shadows :)

Found this article while searching to see if Mickey has a Twitter account. I found Charlie does have Twitter, but so far I haven't found one for Mickey.

Social media connects community, aids police in Shunick search
11:00 PM, May 30, 2012

"Just sticking to factual information is definitely going to help get Mickey home," Moore said during a phone interview Tuesday. "In a town like Lafayette, this is scary and doesn't make sense. People are using it as a way to cope too."

In addition to Facebook and Twitter, online message boards like those on TigerDroppings.com and WebSleuths.com have attracted hundreds of users who theorize about Shunick's disappearance, share grief and plan ways to help find the missing UL student.

(bbm)

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...connects-community-aids-police-Shunick-search

Been lurking for a while, but coming out to post. I know for a fact that the WT on the live feed video is for Louisiana Digital, it's their delivery truck and it's pretty much always there. Also, that truck is way, way too small to be the VOI. Going back in the shadows :)

It looked too small. Shame as the tailgate is down and there is something in the bed.

:welcome4:

Donamena---

I know you had asked about helping out with the Latino community. I think you were asking specifically about enlarged/enhanced photos of the WT which I don't have but I did get you a copy of the Spanish version of the flyer. There are a few up but we could definitely get more out and you would probably know the areas to bring them. Let me know if you want to meet somewhere and I can give it to you. You can either make copies of it yourself, or I will see if I can go and get more from Kinko's at the discounted rate. Thanks!
Re Latino
as interested as I was, I was rather shamefaced (is that how you say it?) to see that there was already a Latino paper in town. I just read it a Carpe Diem (they did a short review) & they seem to have close ties to the community. Maybe they would also help. Don't know how to do a private message but I'm here (CD) every Sunday (I trade coffee grounds for organic herbs/veg/flowers.

It looked too small. Shame as the tailgate is down and there is something in the bed.

The one with the tailgate down is in Google Street View and not current. We can't see the tailgate of the one on the live feed (and it's been identified now above as the delivery truck for Louisiana Digital).

Off-topic, but can someone tell me what "bbm" means? My wife calls me a techno-peasant because I don't keep up with technology. I've looked up tons of the other acronyms I see people using and have found definitions (nerd alert), but all I'm getting for this one is "Blackberry messaging" and stuff like "Brokeback Mountain." :banghead:

Off-topic, but can someone tell me what "bbm" means? My wife calls me a techno-peasant because I don't keep up with technology. I've looked up tons of the other acronyms I see people using and have found definitions (nerd alert), but all I'm getting for this one is "Blackberry messaging" and stuff like "Brokeback Mountain." :banghead:

bbm=bolded by me

Delurking for a moment to say...
Does the irony of this strike anyone else? The red light cameras only record once a violation has occurred. But if you are the victim of a abduction...you're sol. Because that's not a violation that will be captured.

Some will say that constantly recording/retaining records violates freedom. I don't agree and I'm one that feels that everyone's DNA/fingerprints should be in a databank for reference if needed. I do feel like my freedom is violated if I were to be attacked, harmed, killed if the perp goes unfound. Victims don't have rights!

gotta get off the sofa and cook. hoping that chicken fried has shared with us next time i log in.

right now i feel like we are :treadmill:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member