LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I checked google right after I posted. I'm 99% sure that I know who owns the Dodge in pic. None of the people that work there would be involved, I'm 1000% sure of that. But you have to remember too, LA Digital prints plans and such, so there are contractors in and out all day long, as well as UL students.

Well, as it has been said, white trucks are everywhere. A big snag in this case.

I was attracted to this because there is a truck in the left turning lane at the Circle K. Indicating intended movement in the direction of that building. Also, there was debate as to whether the truck in the photo eight had the tailgate down or removed.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could solve this by just poking around on Google Earth?

Well, as it has been said, white trucks are everywhere. A big snag in this case.

I was attracted to this because there is a truck in the left turning lane at the Circle K. Indicating intended movement in the direction of that building. Also, there was debate as to whether the truck in the photo eight had the tailgate down or removed.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could solve this by just poking around on Google Earth?

In your google street view, turn left at the corner and you can clearly see the back of that truck and the tailgate is up.

Truthfully, this is why my heart sunk when I heard her bike was found at Whiskey Bay. I pray to God that I'm wrong, but the significance of that area could mean we do have a serial killer looking to follow in the footsteps of many including Derrick Todd Lee and Sean Gillis (pretty sure there have been others).

DTL did have a record. He should have been considered before he was, but FBI's racial profiling method of the killer being the same race as the victims failed to prove correct in this case.

The DNA swabs of based on a tip worked in this case. My brother was swabbed in the case and was insulted, he didn't refuse. I know many are against such dragnets, but I can't help but think DTL would still be out there had it not been for the policy of swabbing every possible lead.

But DLT disposed of the bodies on land, not in the water. Correct? If it was a psychopath with a copycat mindset, would he not have done the same?

Of course, everyone around there knows that it is a desolate and undesirable place. It would be a natural place to dispose of something quickly. You could drop it off and be back on the road in less than 5 minutes.

They should just close that exit entirely.

Yes. It is also a 'speed' camera. I didn't go online to watch my violation for this particular incident, because..'blush' it was not my first run-in with the new traffic cameras in town. My first violation was for not completely stopping before turning right at a red light. I was impressed by the clarity of the pics, but i wasn't convinced that I was guilty. Went online with the provided link and watched myself commit the said offense..haha..yep clearly guilty.

To clarify, it only records if you run a red light. We have those here in Chicago. Nasty buggers.

The DNA swabs of based on a tip worked in this case. My brother was swabbed in the case and was insulted, he didn't refuse. I know many are against such dragnets, but I can't help but think DTL would still be out there had it not been for the policy of swabbing every possible lead.

I guess this means LE hasn't got anything good off of the bike, because we have not heard of anyone getting swabbed pertaining to this case.

In your google street view, turn left at the corner and you can clearly see the back of that truck and the tailgate is up.

I saw that too. Guess someone removed the item from the bed and closed the gate without getting captured.

Only a curiousity.

Hello. I'm so far behind I doubt I'll be able to catch up although I want peeps to know that I have had a breakthrough regarding the white trucks; no. 1 is not no. 3 but is no. 2 with the cover and tinted windows which is no. 1 in the elimination announcement, etc.

That said, I can't understand why, if LE wants the public to be on the lookout for a specific truck, they are putting out such confusing statements. Imo LE's explanation of which truck they eliminated, {considering how closely you have to read it in combination with prior statements to figure out if the trucks are connected or not, considering the truck causing the confusion is the image they released first,} couldn't be more obscure. Kind of like this sentence, huh?

Wth? LE's communication is strange if you ask me. Why not say, 'the image of the truck that had been heading toward University Avenue that was released the same day the images of MS were released, has been cleared.

Also, the truck with the bed cover and tinted windows has been cleared as well.' Who cares if they're the same truck or not? Really!

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, I'm still looking for certain discriptions of young women missing or unidentified around the area in LA. Found this one. I'll post these as they come up for me.

Unidentified White Female
•Located on April 12, 1998 in Rapides Parish, Louisiana.
•Estimated Date of Death: 1-6 weeks prior
•Her body was decomposed.

The victim was located along I-49 near Lena in 1998. Her body was dumped where truck drivers typically park to rest. She could have been from almost anywhere since she was found along the interstate.
There were no clues left at the scene other than the body. The case has been treated as a homicide
http://doenetwork.org/cases/215ufla.html

Thank you. I can remember this one from a long time ago. I was specifically looking for blondes that were missing in LA and only found like 2. So this wouldn't seem to be someone who had a preference for blondes. Thinking here...............

And though it's not remotely the same as the DWTIQ... The last person to see her alive drove a white Chevy.

But DLT disposed of the bodies on land, not in the water. Correct? If it was a psychopath with a copycat mindset, would he not have done the same?

Of course, everyone around there knows that it is a desolate and undesirable place. It would be a natural place to dispose of something quickly. You could drop it off and be back on the road in less than 5 minutes.

They should just close that exit entirely.

No, DTL used Whiskey Bay to dump at least two of his victims. Pam Kinnamore and Carrie Yoder (not sure if this name is correct). I can't remember if there were more he dumped at WB, but Sean Gillis also dumped victims at Whiskey Bay. That is why the area concerns me and I hope it is just a coincidence.

Hello. I'm so far behind I doubt I'll be able to catch up although I want peeps to know that I have had a breakthrough regarding the white trucks; no. 1 is not no. 3 but is no. 2 with the cover and tinted windows which is no. 1 in the elimination announcement, etc.

That said, I can't understand why, if LE wants the public to be on the lookout for a specific truck, they are putting out such confusing statements. Imo LE's explanation of which truck they eliminated, {considering how closely you have to read it in combination with prior statements to figure out if the trucks are connected or not, considering the truck causing the confusion is the image they released first,} couldn't be more obscure. Kind of like this sentence, huh?

Wth? LE's communication is strange if you ask me. Why not say, 'the image of the truck that had been heading toward University Avenue that was released the same day the images of MS were released, has been cleared.

Also, the truck with the bed cover and tinted windows has been cleared as well.' Who cares if they're the same truck or not? Really!

I gave you a thanks cause I'm happy to see you but I have to admit I read your post and hit the delete button in my memory banks. LOL

I just can't seem to be able to process much more WT info. I'm also beginning to think they're not as important as I once did.

DTL: Baton Rouge serial killer's IQ was only in the 70s as was Gary Ridgeway's: Green River serial killer. Both were active for decades and both identified & eventually convicted due to DNA upgrades. Hopefully MS abductor's DNA is in CODIS and this case will be solved quickly due to familial laws, touch dna & other forensics upgrades.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/lab/codis (Combined DNA Index System - CODIS)

There's a suspicious looking boat I just saw dumped in carencro on university. Should I call tip line or police dept? It's freaking me out cause its a block from my mothers? Someone please answer

There's a suspicious looking boat I just saw dumped in carencro on university. Should I call tip line or police dept? It's freaking me out cause its a block from my mothers? Someone please answer

Absolutely call. I would call PD instead of tip line. You should also call Carencro PD.

If I were you, I would call in anything suspicious. You never know if you are seeing something that could be the key to the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769