LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this alligator talk makes me want some fried gator.

Going nuts here, how did whoever took Mickey get past the cams that caught her at Circle K? It's just impossible.

I think it was captured twice. Coming from St. Landry side of University in the turning lane. Then on the rebound after it turned around. The last photo was have is of the truck following her. From there, it is a mystery.

On an unrelated topic ~ BW made a comment that MS had discussed with him the possibility of going early to the stables to do something with her horses. She was thinking of selling a horse.

Considering the graduation was at 11:30AM (we think) and they were still out/up at 2AM, I don't know how that activity fit into their schedules on Saturday morning, but I find it interesting that BW mentioned it.

What do we know about MS's horses? How many does she have? How much money can a horse bring? Who else has stake in the horses?

I can actually contribute to your post as I trained professionally for close to 35 years in Show Jumping.

I saw the video of Mickey riding on her fb and she is pretty accomplished.

She may (1) have a horse she owns as an investment and was trying to sell as she was moving to NOLA and wanted the extra cash.

(2) She maybe training a horse on consignment which generally yields a 10% commission

I personally don't know if she currently owns a horse, but with her achievement I would guess she has in the past and has shown quite a bit.

In the video I would say she is jumping a 3 ft 3in course and the horse is pretty solid. Depending on it's age and soundness, time in the show ring, the price range would be $5,000 to $20,000 imo

hth

If they have everyone's DNA, what is to stop them from planting evidence? Many smaller police departments don't have the capabilities to collect DNA from a crime scene, so having everyone's DNA in a database is virtually useless to them anyway.

Yep. That is one of my greatest fears - that if anyone had my DNA, or my husbands, or kids that we could somehow be framed or wrongly accused of something we didn't do.

Cameras can watch me all day long, but I'd like to keep my DNA to myself thank you very much.

I live right down the hill from where Richard Ramirez killed the two elderly women. When I lived with my parents, the house where he came in and tortured the 16 year old girl was up the street.

Having lived through that time period, I think DTL sounds even scarier to me.

charminglane, bless you, they hardly get any more evil than San Diego's night stalker.
I'll never forget what Ramirez said to the traumatized jury before they handed down the death penalty to him, "I don't expect you to understand me, I am beyond good & evil, Lucifer dwells within us all, Lucifer will avenge me"..

I think u-turn. It's quick.

It is a big truck. Big turning radius. Somebody take a 4-door truck out to the intersection. Start in the left land and see how difficult it would be to turn around. He could have been seen.

I think it was captured twice. Coming from St. Landry side of University in the turning lane. Then on the rebound after it turned around. The last photo was have is of the truck following her. From there, it is a mystery.

Maybe it was someone on foot and the truck really is being sought for information only.

I mean say this is the same white truck, (gosh I hate to start this again) that is caught headed toward University, caught on cam in front of the Circle K. Where would he have turned around to get to this point in the picture where the old car is seen?

I showed the same thing earlier. I think that is the 1st picture of that truck. It came up Landry, was caught on camera there, then at Circle K, then turned around and was seen at Circle K again (after Mickey).

It is a big truck. Big turning radius. Somebody take a 4-door truck out to the intersection. Start in the left land and see how difficult it would be to turn around. He could have been seen.

You're right. Someone at the Circle K would have noticed

There was an ad someone posted here quite a bit back, like on Wednesday? It had a picture of a horse for sale that I am assuming is Mickey's for $7,000.

In order to get a hit in CODIS, there first has to be DNA to submit. If Mickey is ever found and was dumped in water, there likely will be no DNA.

But, let's just hypothetically say there is DNA. A detective may not get a hit right away. They will have to dutifully keep resubmitting the DNA on a regular basis because DNA is added over time.

In the abduction/murder of 13-year-old Krystal Baker from Texas City in 1996, they had DNA from the perp's semen found on her dress. His DNA was not submitted into CODIS until 2010 when he was stopped for a DUI in Louisiana. He was arrested in Groves, TX, in 2010, tried this past April, and convicted of capital murder.

This isn't a common occurrence. Many states do not require DNA swabs be taken from criminals. More take lots of time before submitting it into CODIS and some states never submit it at all.

In Louisiana, EVERYONE arrested is required to submit DNA, period. Those housed in DOC facilities where they may have been for years (prior to the 'arrest DNA law'), also, by law, have to submit DNA prior to their release, whether it be Parole or Diminution of sentence. ALL are entered in CODIS.
The Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) ....... The system has three levels: local, state, and national.

Nothing more of this mysterious green van with TN plates?

I'm not even remotely convinced that this vehicle wasn't involved, based on an eyewitness account of what happened to her earlier that day, involving said van.

Can you link to this again? I'd like to do some reading on it. Thanks!

Seems he didn't get past them if that's the same truck in the left turn lane on St. Landry to Univ. as the LE officer apparently verified to WS member Artis. If that's indeed true, what is interesting is that truck apparently didn't travel far down Univ. because the cameras across from the cemetery didn't capture the truck on their surveillance.

My theory is that the pic in the left lane is the second pic. It would have just passed Mickey and decided to turn around and pursue her. The photo facing away from the intersection is the last one. Just my theory.

This is the second picture from closer.

Attachments

• boat2.jpg
    boat2.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 162
I thought i saw somewhere that he graduated from LHS..If that's the case, graduation wasn't until 7pm. If it was AHS then it was at 11:30.

I showed the same thing earlier. I think that is the 1st picture of that truck. It came up Landry, was caught on camera there, then at Circle K, then turned around and was seen at Circle K again (after Mickey).

I'm confused. What is the pic of it coming up Landry?

Yep. That is one of my greatest fears - that if anyone had my DNA, or my husbands, or kids that we could somehow be framed or wrongly accused of something we didn't do.

Cameras can watch me all day long, but I'd like to keep my DNA to myself thank you very much.

I've watched too many murder trials with ridiculously flimsy 'evidence'. It scares me.

I don't understand how anyone can even file charges on some of the crap I've seen. By some standards, I'm guilty of practically everything.

I guess I'd like to have cameras everywhere to prove I didn't do something as opposed to catching someone else.

charminglane, bless you, they hardly get any more evil than San Diego's night stalker.
I'll never forget what Ramirez said to the traumatized jury before they handed down the death penalty to him, "I don't expect you to understand me, I am beyond good & evil, Lucifer dwells within us all, Lucifer will avenge me"..

I am here in Monrovia/Arcadia area. San Gabriel Valley.

Was not allowed to drive with the top down at night for the longest time, or leave the windows open at night. I was in my late teens/early twenties then.

My friends saw him the Night Stalker walking during the day in Temple City with a dead cat wrapped around his neck.

Friends were being hauled in left and right that were tall and had long frizzy hair.

Scary times. Knowing 4 people that have been murdered, it is a wonder I even leave the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin