LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see any other explanation for what that could be.

Is that the Olds driving up St. Landry street?
I noticed that truck or a similar truck parked on St. Landry Street in front of a house around the 211 or 215 address but before Calder Street (you can't tell the exact address from google maps) when I was looking at google maps and, of course, those images are old.

So I wonder if some guy always parks his white truck in front of his house, two/three years ago as well as today.

Absolutely! Crockpots, slow cookers etc are required for us WSers. Believe there is a recipe thread downstairs.

Yep, and before we went with tile floors I always had my vacume cleaner strategically placed when I was really involved in a case! :floorlaugh:

It was something that happened to another woman in the area earlier that day - green van spooked her while on her bike but I have not seen it reported/posted anywhere but here and Im local. Wish we did know more though because I agree it was a good angle that was abandoned as soon as the slew of white trucks came along...could be completely unrelated, could be total rumor, but still worth knowing more.

Oh joy, I plan on riding in Lafayette this week., itching to ride St. Landry. Guess I will drag my sis along. It will make my ride very slow and very interesting. ;)

Better to not ride alone just in case.

LA

Man, I had to skip 30 pages to catch up. No time to read them. Did chicken make his long post? I don't want to miss that.

To tresptip/trespit (?) - what a harrowing experience and thank you for sharing it with us. I'm so glad that you survived.

We do know the details. We know he went to AHS b/c that's what it says on his FB, and the school's website shows that graduation was at 11:30am.

Oh thanks. I didn't know if 11:30 was a verified time or not. At that time, people seemed to be guessing.

Do you know how MS could have gone to look after her horses before the graduation then if she had been out past 2AM before going to sleep?

Man, I had to skip 30 pages to catch up. No time to read them. Did chicken make his long post? I don't want to miss that.

To tresptip/trespit (?) - what a harrowing experience and thank you for sharing it with us. I'm so glad that you survived.

Not yet Artis - Chicken wanted to go take a few more pics and said it would be later tonight. Looking forward to it all as well - think he was trying to solve some truck questions first as well...so it could be 5 years from now. :)

Originally Posted by Northside neighbor
Im only on pg 12 of this thread but gotta post now...wish chicken fried was on...W4D Z71 pulled over by 2 police cars &the police suburban! I had my daughter video as we passed by. Im sure I can't post that but mabey pm...its on Kaliste Saloom right past Max's/T-coons, same sideway of road, bfr you get to the light at Feu Follet.

~~ Wow! My old area, I sure hope this leads to something. If not we are going to start tailing them. LOL

LA

No Artis, he said he was going to call LE or a PI to verify first, besides he said he wanted to get it all down pat.

Copied from Wikipedia:

Pareidolia (play /pærɨˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse.

Our brains are wired to try to fit random shapes into familiar objects. We've got a mother lode of it occurring here, IMO! We've had posters who have seen Mickey, sans clothing, sitting on an open tailgate of the truck turning left onto University. We've had posters who have seen Mickey and her bike under the same truck.....same picture! And then of course, Mickey and her bike were under the picture of the truck headed onto St. Landry.

I'm going to go with FACTS. LE has flat out stated that they have NO VIDEO of Mickey after the video capture at the LCG building.

Thank you for your sensible and level post. I have no educated insights or special skills that place additional weight to my remarks. Like most folks here, I just read and do my best to offer up ideas based on my own form of logic and reasoning. One thing that I've come to belive is that the many of these cases have scenarios and outcomes that are unremarkable (as unremarkable as a crime can be) in the sense that nothing sensational occurred that is out of the scope of a "standard" crime. In other words, don't think of alien abductions or slave rings, or underground sex trades, etc. Look close to home and the somewhat unremarkable. Criminals are predictable too. If there were more LE resources, more would be caught. So a long winded post, but what I'm saying is look for Mickey close by where she was last seen, where the bike was found, and around the horse trails. Praying for Mickey.

Oh thanks. I didn't know if 11:30 was a verified time or not. At that time, people seemed to be guessing.

Do you know how MS could have gone to look after her horses before the graduation then if she had been out past 2AM before going to sleep?

The stables aren't close - especially by bike so she wasn't going there instead of home, if that is what you mean. She definitely didn't make it home to sleep before going there because she lives with her family. Otherwise we know she had a few plans for the day but probably not much for pre-graduation. I may not be understanding what you are asking though! :)

Seems to me like she wasn't allowing herself much time to sleep, and that's why I don't think she was headed elsewhere as others suggested. Surely she must have wanted to go straight home and get to bed, at that hour.

The stables aren't close - especially by bike so she wasn't going there instead of home, if that is what you mean. She definitely didn't make it home to sleep before going there because she lives with her family. Otherwise we know she had a few plans for the day but probably not much for pre-graduation. I may not be understanding what you are asking though! :)

I think he/she was meaning, Mickey's tentative plans to go to the stable with BW and take pics of her riding/jumping...b/c she was trying to sell the horse and wanted some pics to post online. He/she was wondering, how Mickey would have time to do that before graduation at 11:30. And that must mean she intended to get up super early, in order to get back and get ready for the grad. And being that she was still out at 2am, and possibly planning on setting her alarm to wake up at 6 or 7, I don't think she was going anywhere but home.

Yep, and before we went with tile floors I always had my vacume cleaner strategically placed when I was really involved in a case! :floorlaugh:

;) A veteran WSer taught me to spray Lemon Pledge around the air when I hear hubby pulling in the driveway from work.

I wear a jacket type apron and keep some spray cleaner handy. That way a quick spritz and it can seem like /I have been busy. But, i have learned as long as dinner is on and a minimum of cleanliness reigns, the family doesn't care, DH often asks whats new on WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member