LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie just posted about a canoe group going out tomorrow. They've must have ruled out the possibility. She wouldn't be on FB right now.

Really?! I'm dumbfounded.

He probably means maybe she's alive but maybe not. If she is, he wouldn't want to say no and then the perpetrator might figure, WTH, they think she's dead anyway.

I am not familiar with the area. Can I get a "C"?
Where Mickey lived?
If not I understand!

Mickey lives in Lafayette, LA, about 3 hours to the west of point A (Bay St. Luis, MS) on the map. Both of the points on the map are very easily accessed from I-10.

I don't think it's Mickey!

I don't think so either. Police said the body had not been there very long. Mickey has been missing for 3 weeks.

Didn't the new missing woman, from Baton Rouge, I think her name is Larson have tatoos and piercings? Trying to go from memory here and that's not too reliable.

Don't remember, wasn't she about 15? I think her fb is in my history, gonna look.

I bet they have tapes of perp there on previous nights!!! Before MS disappeared!

There are no pics of perps in areas with no cameras. And there were many areas on her route with no cameras. That said, someone pointed out to me - I somehow missed the discussion way back - the white blob in the Versailles pic. That looks like a poor police Photoshop whiteout. I'm decently handy with Photoshop,,, and when you add that to the black car on the side of the road in that pic, where no car should have been parked that time of night, I'm wondering if there were a few people hanging out on the sidewalk there under the bus overhang at Cathedral-Carmel school. I could see the police whiting that out if they didn't want to tip those folks, and to steer discussion away from that angle.

Maybe someone better at Photoshop than I can re-examine that photo and chime in on whether they think a lens flare could create the bite out of the 25-m.p.h sign.

I'm sorry, I don't have the photo link handy.

I am not familiar with the area. Can I get a "C"?
Where Mickey lived?
If not I understand!
Here ya go.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=bay+st+louis&ll=30.282788,-89.188385&spn=0.301811,0.676346&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&channel=fflb&hnear=Bay+St+Louis,+Hancock,+Mississippi&gl=us&t=h&z=11"]bay st louis - Google Maps[/ame]

There are no pics of perps in areas with no cameras. And there were many areas on her route with no cameras. That said, someone pointed out to me - I somehow missed the discussion way back - the white blob in the Versailles pic. That looks like a poor police Photoshop whiteout. I'm decently handy with Photoshop,,, and when you add that to the black car on the side of the road in that pic, where no car should have been parked that time of night, I'm wondering if there were a few people hanging out on the sidewalk there under the bus overhang at Cathedral-Carmel school. I could see the police whiting that out if they didn't want to tip those folks, and to steer discussion away from that angle.

Maybe someone better at Photoshop than I can re-examine that photo and chime in on whether they think a lens flare could create the bite out of the 25-m.p.h sign.

Well this is my take on the white blob, it won't pixelize even when blown up 150% which is unusual. Second, it's not the black car parked there that bothers me, it's the faint white truck (at least in my opinion) that's up in the right hand corner. And also the one in this other picture.

OOpps that's the negative

Attachments

• mickey3.jpg
    mickey3.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 105
  • mickeycarspotted.jpg
    mickeycarspotted.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 94
Didn't the new missing woman, from Baton Rouge, I think her name is Larson have tatoos and piercings? Trying to go from memory here and that's not too reliable.

she had a lip piercing in the picture i seen earlier...i'll find the link :)

If someone tells me where to find the picture, I can give it a try.

Do the piercings mentioned here rule out Mickey? How about Jaren?

They both had facial piercings. On one hand, New Orleans (where Jaren went missing) is far closer to Bay St. Louis, but from pictures I've seen of her (wearing next to nothing), I didn't see any piercings on her torso. I don't know how old the pictures were. She did have tattoos. The police also said something about not being in the water long. That might rule out Mickey, though we really don't know.

It isn't good whoever it is. She is someone's family. She deserves for her murderer to be caught and punished to the fullest extent of the law. Prayers are with the police in Bay St. Louis, hoping to God they find out who this is and who did it.

I don't think so either. Police said the body had not been there very long. Mickey has been missing for 3 weeks.

Not to be gruesome or anything, but it could still be her, if she was kept alive until recently. 'Not very long' could mean a whole slew of things; from a number of hours up to a number of days. Very vague. IMO.

Whoever it is, it's horrible all the same....

Well this is my take on the white blob, it won't pixelize even when blown up 150% which is unusual. Second, it's not the black car parked there that bothers me, it's the faint white truck (at least in my opinion) that's up in the right hand corner. And also the one in this other picture.

OOpps that's the negative

That very bright large area to the left in the first picture looks like something was removed/erased. Also looks like a small piece of the street sign was accidentally removed also.??

With only a torso, that means no dental records and having to rely on DNA. Praying that they can identify this person.

She isn't from Baton Rouge. The original thread had a typo. She is from New Orleans, missing from New Orleans. She worked on the 300 block of Bourbon Street, which has several different businesses from bars, strip clubs, to a nice restaurant. We have no idea at this point which place she worked. However, if you look at some of the picture links from Jaren's WS thread, she does seem a little rougher around the edges than Mickey. That doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to be found. Hoping the NOPD can find out what happened to her as quickly as possible. That boyfriend of hers better be able to prove she got into a cab...

After this heartbreaking news,(Bay St. Louis), I'm sure I'll be here all night...As I checked on my toddler, I looked at him with tears because I know one day his fairytale world will be crushed as he learns that there really ARE monsters after all...
Now let's get Mickey home!!

Is there a discription of two suspects now or just the mentioning of two suspects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
opticalmethods