LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I thought we weren't allowed to sleuth her?

Makes it very difficult, doesn't it. As she is not here to defend herself, no accusations of illegal activity etc shouldn't be theorized, IMO but simple sleuthing her behavior and routine, shouldn't be against TOS is it?

I keep waiting to hear something about the tire tracks found at WB. :waiting:

Whether it be by the perp,or whomever,we know the bike was dumped there.
Im having a difficult time believing that more information didnt come out of those searches ...LE presence.

A.C.I. mentioned tire tracks at Whiskey Bay tonight during his interview but didn't describe anything else about it. He never said if they knew what kind of tire the tracks came from. If we had that info, we could definitely go a lot further.

Normally much of this type of information is given out by LE, the family etc.

How many cases have many of us been on where LE has given ONE press conference in 4 weeks?

To me this is very bizarre!!!

Maybe we need some guidance from a mod on this aspect.

I forgot about auto trader!!!

What else have we not thought of?

Do y'all remember that fire of the tool shop, the news said it was arson. And, the truck parts stollen? Also 2 pressure washers.
That seems weird to me. Do any locals know if any more news was ever reported about that.

Here is another thing.

Bands were comming into Artmosphere. Who travels with these bands?

Where were they headed?

What were their schedules?

Did they bring in a different crowd?

What about Rolling Stone Mag? Who did they have with them?

Where do they stay?

What do they DRIVE?

Personally, I think the band members are unlikely suspects. They usually get their pick of sexy young women, and would not likely go trolling for them in the dark. JMO

Lets get some clarification on this.

Like I have said I find it incredible that in a missing person case that LE has given ONE press conference in 4 weeks.

Four weeks later I know virtually nothing about what she liked besides the fact that she had a very unique array of pets.

So lets ask the mods :)

Which then leads me to the corruption allegations. What role has that played into this case?

I think 'it' happened right by the old hospital and *sigh* is still on the grounds there somewhere. I know that means the worst. :( just my opinion.

During A.C.I.'s interview tonight he said that he has received some calls saying they have footage of her further along on her route. These have not been confirmed yet, though. I asked earlier if they were on Congress or on Johnston Street but I didn't get an answer. Maybe he wants to check them out before he gives out any information. This would be a HUGE break in the case if she was seen past this area.

Do y'all remember that fire of the tool shop, the news said it was arson. And, the truck parts stollen? Also 2 pressure washers.
That seems weird to me. Do any locals know if any more news was ever reported about that.

No additional news that I saw but suspicious for sure.

Could there have been stressors?

If so what would they of been?

I don't think she had that many at this time of her life. She had lots of free time to go see bands, she rode her bike a lot for fun. She had her horse riding endeavors, and she was almost finished with college. She lived with her family, and had a lot of good friends. She was in good health, and did not have an unhappy love relationship at the time.

I don't see any reason that she would run away from her life at this time. jmo

Personally, I think the band members are unlikely suspects. They usually get their pick of sexy young women, and would not likely go trolling for them in the dark. JMO

Very true!!!

What about groupies. People that follow these groups from place to place?

It's just so vast and unattended. Vagrants are there, right? I don't think they have searched every inch. No.

I think this was one of the first places family and friends flocked to before the actual organized searches began. Supposedly, the entire parking garage was thoroughly searched, IIRC.

I don't even have a real concept of how big the Hospital and its grounds would be, but I hope people keep it in mind. Obviously, if more video footage exists that will change EVERYTHING. Hope we get updates soon.

I feel like I know a lot about Mickey. We have a lot of details that tell us what was important to her, what she liked doing, what her dreams were, etc. I don't feel like she is a mystery by any means. The only mystery to me is why she didn't get home that night.

I don't think she had that many at this time of her life. She had lots of free time to go see bands, she rode her bike a lot for fun. She had her horse riding endeavors, and she was almost finished with college. She lived with her family, and had a lot of good friends. She was in good health, and did not have an unhappy love relationship at the time.

I don't see any reason that she would run away from her life at this time. jmo

Yet she was not feeling well that evening from having drank too much the night before...

Could this of played a role?

Did the sisters meet anyone the night before?

Very true!!!

What about groupies. People that follow these groups from place to place?

You may mean roadie. There is a BIG difference between a roadie and a groupie he he. :blushing:

I do wonder about roadies though or lower level employees or hanger-ons. They would have seen her, yes? Possibly even spoken to her.

Lets get some clarification on this.

Like I have said I find it incredible that in a missing person case that LE has given ONE press conference in 4 weeks.

Four weeks later I know virtually nothing about what she liked besides the fact that she had a very unique array of pets.

So lets ask the mods :)

Which then leads me to the corruption allegations. What role has that played into this case?

It bothers me that Mickeys case bolsters the officers allegations so much. Timing is interesting.

I think this was one of the first places family and friends flocked to before the actual organized searches began. Supposedly, the entire parking garage was thoroughly searched, IIRC.

it would be even more heartbreaking if she was inside that building, after a month right under everyone's nose :( God Bless you Mickey and all the searchers

During A.C.I.'s interview tonight he said that he has received some calls saying they have footage of her further along on her route. These have not been confirmed yet, though. I asked earlier if they were on Congress or on Johnston Street but I didn't get an answer. Maybe he wants to check them out before he gives out any information. This would be a HUGE break in the case if she was seen past this area.

I wonder if they may still be there?

Would be a miracle but maybe worth looking into?

Yet she was not feeling well that evening from having drank too much the night before...

Could this of played a role?

Did the sisters meet anyone the night before?

I have wondered the same thing. Two cute little blonde sisters, imo, might have goofed around, laughed about people who tried to pick them up. Just a hunch. I think it is possible that someone got upset with them that night. And they were drinking because she was still hungover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
detective99