NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could he have called him earlier, but it took them a while to figure out what to do... and cleaning up etc? I think I'm just bummed out because I really thought that it was relevant at the time.

Probably was around 4am, I can't remember now, haha, there are so many different times running around in my head.

Someone else, say a tidy Mum, could have put the phone back then? Just speculating. :fence:

That's exactly what I thought... used the video call to show his father what he needed help with... otherwise, why not just a normal phone call?

I think he may have thought a facetime call would not be able to be traced in the same way as a normal call as it uses the internet, more like VOIP.

IMO

From: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/gerard-baden-clay-receives-first-visitors-in-arthur-gorrie-correctional-centre-since-his-arrest-for-alleged-murder-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226408286892

THE family of Gerard Baden-Clay have visited him for the first time since he was charged with the murder of his wife Allison.

Baden-Clay's father Nigel and sister Olivia Walton had a non-contact visit yesterday morning with the 41-year-old accused murderer at Arthur Gorrie Correctional Centre in Wacol.

They were separated by a glass wall.

I would have loved to be a fly on that glass wall

I think he may have thought a facetime call would not be able to be traced in the same way as a normal call as it uses the internet, more like VOIP.

IMO

Good thought.
Just wondering about how they can tell the video call was made, but they can't tell what it was about, hey? ... they can't see the call? :blushing: Ok, ok, I know that sounds REALLY dumb, but I don't understand the new phones and all their can-do things.

I have VOIP and every call I make is logged by the internet server and the number I rang and the length of the duration of the call appears on my account in a matter of hours even though there has been no charge for it.

GBC will find it hard to explain who else could touch his iPhone at 12:20am and 1:48am. He could blame it on the children or, for example, TM. What if she was there that night?..

Yes I agree grannie...he's going to have hard time trying to worm his way out of those calls....& so far they're the only calls we know about...what else don't we know.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if TM was there that night & stayed at the house while the girls were asleep....her or even one of his other girlfriends...there was the mystery woman from Sydney but where's the other one located I wonder....we know nothing at all about her.

I have VOIP and every call I make is logged by the internet server and the number I rang and the length of the duration of the call appears on my account in a matter of hours even though there has been no charge for it.

Hmmm... so perhaps he's just plain dumb??

Isn't it school holidays in QLD? Maybe her children are visiting and holidaying at a relative's place? Maybe spending quality time with just their dad. Maybe her family are encouraging her to support her parents and be with them for a while... Who knows and I can't see what's so wrong about her not being at home all the time.

I imagine they would have their own valid reasons why only Mr BC went with Olivia today... I could think of a heap of reasons as to possibly why, amongst them that maybe the Mrs BC had some previous appointment or maybe she is not well...

After all, Olivia is the one being the family spokesperson by the looks, so maybe she had a few things to discuss with Gerard. I hardly think the conversations they had were private.

I personally don't think any of this matters really. It could be anything and in all honesty, I don't see anything sinister or bad with that.

I don't see anything sinister, but for a mother not to go and visit her son in jail at the first opportunity available is, IMO, very unusual.

From reading those previous links, it appears that the conversations are monitored/CCTV.

There is something I keep meaning to bring up but slips my mind. I believe there is an official C.O.D and the Police appeared to have known this fairly early. Now, considering what we now know about his Google search about self incrimination...it makes you wonder what else he Googled that we DON'T know about?

Sooo many answers still to come I think...info not only from his phone but also from the hard drive & the laptop taken from the parents house the day police searched there. I think we've only heard the very tip of the iceberg.

Hmmm... so perhaps he's just plain dumb??
Well yes.... That's one way of looking at it. lol..

I have 24/7 free National calls anywhere in Australia on my VOIP, but one of the conditions is 'Fair Use Policy' for home use only and not business.

If you overuse it in that they suspect you are using it for business purposes, they will email you and can cut you off from using it.

Do most people here think that Allison was left under the Kholo Bridge?

The Kholo Creek is fed by the Flaggy Creek and I have wondered if Allison was left much further up along Flaggy Creek as why would he leave her so exposed near a main road?

Mani, I suspect, for the following reasons, that Allison was dropped from the bridge:

(a) the creek from the scout camp seems to be very minor and untraffickable; it seems incongruous that the body would stop travelling down the creek under the bridge at the very point where the water becomes deeper and wider;

(b) driving around with a body in the car is relatively safe; stopping for a minute on a bridge at night also seems relatively safe; dragging or carrying a body around at night through the scrub in the darkness or with a torch, away from one's car risking injury and trace evidence is fraught with risks that a perpetrator would probably try to avoid;

(c) A bridge is probably the only place that is convenient that a body can be dropped from the road with the expectation that it won't immediately be found. It is convenient because it takes away the risk of dirtying shoes and clothing, scratching shins, leaving a trail of evidence behind eg. shoe prints etc and introducing evidence into the car/s.
MOO :cow:

if there is an idiots way of doing something.. anything,, then Gerard did it that way.

Even if a more sensible process was suggested to him, or even if he thought the idiots way had a flaw.. he'd still do it the idiots way.

if we want to know how he got Allisons body to the Kholo creek/bridge.. we ask ourselves.. how would an idiot do it?

Mani, I suspect, for the following reasons, that Allison was dropped from the bridge:

(a) the creek from the scout camp seems to be very minor and untraffickable; it seems incongrous that the body would stop travelling down the creek under the bridge at the very point where the water becomes deeper and wider;

(b) driving around with a body in the car is relatively safe; stopping for a minute on a bridge at night also seems relatively safe; dragging or carrying a body around at night through the scrub in the darkness or with a torch, away from one's car risking injury and trace evidence is fraught with risks that a perpetrator would probably try to avoid;

(c) A bridge is probably the only place that is convenient that a body can be dropped from the road with the expectation that it won't immediately be found. It is convenient because it takes away the risk of dirtying shoes and clothing, scratching shins, leaving a trail of evidence behind eg. shoe prints etc and introducing evidence into the car/s.

hmmm ... if the body was dropped, it was subsequently dragged further under the bridge. The body was found underneath it and it is impossible for it to have landed underneath the bridge itself, if it was dropped off the edge or rolled under the railings.

Someones told me that a situation like this doesn't require intelligence to carry out, it only requires rat cunning.

I think he may have thought a facetime call would not be able to be traced in the same way as a normal call as it uses the internet, more like VOIP.IMO

That's what I think. If Allison was dead by 12:20am and GBC was plotting how he proceeds with her body and may be asked for assistance, it could explain why he wanted to conceal his call. He already had a plan in mind to declare Allison missing the following morning and confuse the timing. JMO.

hmmm ... if the body was dropped, it was subsequently dragged further under the bridge. The body was found underneath it and it is impossible for it to have landed underneath the bridge itself, if it was dropped off the edge or rolled under the railings.

That's a good point, CaseClosed. I don't think we know where the body was exactly located when it was found by QPS as QPS may have taken the body out of the water. Also, in the alternative, I recall that it had rained shortly before the body was found and accordingly, the tide may have moved the body to under the bridge.

The very first time I looked at the photos of the bridge I thought Allison's body had been dropped over the side....he could have gone down & dragged her further up the bank after dropping her over the side

Now I just don't know either way because of all that rain the weekend just prior to her being found...that massive amount of water in the creek would have had some effect....without seeing what the creek actually looked like at that time I just don't know.

That's a good point, CaseClosed. I don't think we know where the body was exactly located when it was found by QPS as QPS may have taken the body out of the water. Also, in the alternative, I recall that it had rained shortly before the body was found and accordingly, the tide may have moved the body to under the bridge.

I may be wrong, but I personally don't believe the body was moved by water. When the news helicopters took footing showing the body and its location, the body was high up the bank and had not been moved by forensic people into the stretcher yet. Until forensic teams examine the body and take all their photos and measurements, bodies are not moved. This is just my opinion.

Thanks ktk and everyone else for responding re this!

If that is the case, I wonder what he (Ainsworth) is waiting for.

More tests to come back (who knew it took 8+ weeks for the phone tests to come back)? They took bags of stuff from the BC senior residence.

Someone to blab (which is not going to happen if it is only family members involved)?

The police made it clear from very early on that they believed there was an accomplice. There have been more than one reported sightings of two cars (so there is probably/hopefully more evidence there that we don't know about).

Surely the face time call in itself is enough to warrant more action than just a one hour visit the other night (granted there were 5 detectives)?

But only GBC and ABC's cars were impounded. One has been released.

What are they waiting for? Arrest them already!!!
Where there is smoke ... given number of visits from the Police/Detectives visits, there does seem to be a lot of smoke coming from the B C residence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inquisitive11201