LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM Sorry, but I don't buy that skinny pic is his latest. :moo:
Got proof?

The hairstyle and shirt are out-dated. The orange jumpsuit pics reveal an older guy with updated haircut.

I do agree he deserves a fair trial. :moo:

I personally know the district commissioner who BSL went before. He told me the said the latest mugshot was the "skinnier" one. I make this point because the LPD called my dad into questioning about a serial rapist, because he looked like the composite sketch. They're reputation is anything but squeaky clean. They asked my dad to go to the hospital for a DNA sample, he accepted, but on his way there his "well known and respected" attorney advised my dad not to give the sample due to the LPD's desperation and sketchy reputation. Turns out the rapist was a sheriff deputy. To this day my dad believes had he given a DNA sample HE would have been railroaded.

I'm new here, but have been following for quite some time.
BSL rented a car prior to purchasing one. Did anyone from the car rental place mention his injuries?
Do we know if his DL was altered at that time?

Good question about the rental agency, they should have copied his license. We don't have official confirmation about the car rental though, that came from someone here who knows about it.

And welcome to WS...

I agree about the tv pundits. Most seem to not have a clue, nor do they seem to want one.. I was told by one of these tv pundits that the spiritual side of profiling was sheer nonsense.

Actually concentric, there are those that have & do enter into the darkness of these evil minds. But they are far & few in between. Imo, they are very few around today that are in the same league with John Douglas, Roger L. Depue, or Robert Ressler. Other FBI agents at Quantico referred too the BSU as the witches unit, due their low light underground office, & ability to accurately profile the unsubs, etc..

Amazon.com: Journey Into Darkness (9781439199817): John E. Douglas, Mark Olshaker: Books

“JOURNEY INTO DARKNESS” BY JOHN DOUGLAS(1997); Author and FBI BSU Profiler. He penetrates the minds and motives of the most terrifying Serial Killers. He is one of the pioneers of the FBI’s Elite BSU and many of the techniques, strategies, and procedures used in tracking and identifying unidentified subjects today can be attributed to his experiences & journey into the abys or darkness…

Prologue: ‘In the Mind of a Killer’

'This isn’t the Hollywood version. It isn’t sanitized or prettied up or rendered into art. This is the way it really happens. If anything, it’s worse than the way I describe it'…

'AS I HAD SO MANY TIMES BEFORE, I PUT MYSELF IN THE MIND OF THE KILLER'..

He goes on to say that he also puts his head into the heads of the victim to be able to see the whole tragic picture….

This experience could cause a strong minded person to cry a river of tears.

As does Priests that perform multiple exorcisms, Agent Douglas, and others paid a hefty price with their health, even though they possessed a very high tolerance level, due to the enormous ‘evil’ they routinely encountered…
--------------
Thanks Foxfire. I have read some of John Douglas' and Robert Ressler's writing. Thanks for the recommendation of Mr. Depue's expertise. I really appreciate your insight also.

There is just one thing, that I want to say here: I can do without the reference to: priests. Sorry, I know that so many are child molesters, and just get shifted around to different parishes when they are found out.

Otherwise, thank you.

I doubt he would have driven MS all the way to NOLA, but who knows. The fact that he went to Ochsner makes me wonder if he put Mickey's body in the river. Ochsner Hospital is kind of off the beaten path. It's not in the middle of the city or along the I-10. Seems there had to be a reason for him to be in that area.

Another thought, if he was mimicking serial killers, as in DTL and the Whiskey Bay dumpsite where the bike was found, maybe he also knew about New Orleans area serial killer, Russell Ellwood.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/la-court-of-appeal/1294530.html

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...PEyAAAAIBAJ&sjid=yAgGAAAAIBAJ&pg=6703,1614018

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Lafayette,+LA&daddr=Ochsner+Medical+Center,+1516+Jefferson+Highway,+Jefferson,+LA+70121&hl=en&sll=29.961688,-90.145403&sspn=0.037849,0.084543&geocode=FdouzQEdfeOD-imb2MVkQ5wkhjET__eSJHVKyQ%3BFdgtyQEdhX2g-iFGTxCyZwr5DymBBPrpTaUghjFGTxCyZwr5Dw&oq=lafayett&mra=ls&t=m&z=9"]Lafayette, LA to Ochsner Medical Center, 1516 Jefferson Highway, Jefferson, LA 70121 - Google Maps[/ame]

If BSL claimed his gps was broken, and LE can place him at WB, could it be that in the struggle Mickey may have kicked his gps in a struggle at WB disabling it, hence him saying his gps was broken? Maybe he didn't disable it himself.

Most likely it is just some troll who knows less about the case than we do, and is just trying to get a rise out of people. Same thing happened in teh Sierra Lamar case. The best way to handle trolls is just ignore them and their comments.

You're probably right, but I just did a quick people search and happened to find someone with the same name on FB (but he's added 2 weird middle names) and has a couple of Saints stories on his fairly locked down profile. Coincidence?

Someones post seems to think I'm BL's brother which I am not.
I have submitted the form to verify.

About a week before she went missing, Brandon's father had some serious health problems and had to be hospitalized. He was in the hospital for a total of 2 weeks and she went missing about halfway through his stay. Towards the end of his hospital stay it was strange that Brandon wasn't around and when his father was being released and it was strange that he wasn't around to come pick him up from the hospital. Brandon said he was in New Orleans and had been robbed and stabbed and couldn't pick him up so his brother had to. one of his fingers had nearly been cut off.

I think it was really decent of you coming on here giving us this report! Thank you!

Brandon would have to have some kind of antibiotic and a couple of stitches maybe. Lets hope he has proof! Maybe someone in New Orleans remembers the incident. Did you happen to ever meet this girlfriend he had for 9 months?

I do not, as a nurse, think his finger was almost bitten or cut off.. this would need months if not years of reconstructive/micro surgery and with a human bite it would also involve IV or at the least PO antibiotics...

he may have told family his finger was almost cut off but that was most likely to garner sympathy and deflect away from his family/job responsibilities and the crime in laffy that he did NOT want to be associated with.

I tend to think he most likely was drinking the night he was trolling around (as LE has said) for victims.... he was not thinking of the cameras... and most likely was not even thinking when he dunked the bike into WBB and his truck was associated there (although he could have been thinking and turned off his phone and the gps and the traffic cam caught him or his tire treads match)

He was only thinking of his sick needs.

His coverup (which became increasingly desperate) came after the fact when he figured out that he had a lot to answer to esp concerning the wounds he sustained and most likely any dna evidence that was left inside of his truck.

As soon as those truck pictures came out he acted immediately in torching that truck AND reporting it stolen in another state.

was he nuts?

no..

he was working the system and knowing the lack of communication between states imhoo

i agree with you that his reactions weren't stupid. i think his crime was, of course, but i don't think he did too bad of a job trying to cover it up assuming he didn't expect mickey to be able to injure him and he didn't expect to be caught on camera.

everyone keeps saying how dumb. i guess i'm not too clever, but i can't think of a better way to get rid of a truck. it was pretty stupid of him to go to the hospital. his finger must have been really bad

I doubt he would have driven MS all the way to NOLA, but who knows. The fact that he went to Ochsner makes me wonder if he put Mickey's body in the river. Ochsner Hospital is kind of off the beaten path. It's not in the middle of the city or along the I-10. Seems there had to be a reason for him to be in that area.

Another thought, if he was mimicking serial killers, as in DTL and the Whiskey Bay dumpsite where the bike was found, maybe he also knew about New Orleans area serial killer, Russell Ellwood.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...PEyAAAAIBAJ&sjid=yAgGAAAAIBAJ&pg=6703,1614018

Lafayette, LA to Ochsner Medical Center, 1516 Jefferson Highway, Jefferson, LA 70121 - Google Maps

If the fight began right away in his truck, I think she is probably closer to Lafayette...even this guy probably knows better than to be caught driving around with a deceased or unconscious woman in his truck....sadly, even if fierce, the struggle was probably a matter of minutes, not hours. JMO

This is my 2 cents. :twocents:

My heart is so heavy as I feel for the mothers.
As mothers we pray for guidance while our children are under our wings; we want them to take the right paths in life. We love them enough, despite our heavy hearts, to let them move on and become independent. As our children fly the coop we never know what they'll do. We may hate their actions, but still love them as our children.

Yes, there are two families hurting. Not only the Shunick family but also the Lavergne family. I can't imagine what both families are going through but I want them to know that my prayers are with them. May Mickey come home soon.

God Bless Mickey :angel: and her family as well as the Lavergne family.

There is a guy on FB posting stuff on the media's threads like "Keep your head up B" and "Stay Strong B" and on one of the most recent threads, about BSL being treated for stab wounds, he posted "They'll never find her" and that is very strange.

Indeed strange, but it could just be some sicko who wants to grab some attention.

Lafayette, LA to Ochsner Medical Center, 1516 Jefferson Highway, Jefferson, LA 70121 - Google Maps

If the fight began right away in his truck, I think she is probably closer to Lafayette...even this guy probably knows better than to be caught driving around with a deceased or unconscious woman in his truck....sadly, even if fierce, the struggle was probably a matter of minutes, not hours. I think he dumped the bike last, after he decided to head to NO. JMO

hmm... I saw a Saints jersey on a family members facebook It was being worn a profile pic on a public forum. It was #29. prob means nothing!

Doesn't mean anything...EVERYONE here wears Saints jerseys. Even newborns!

He could've gotten off I10 at the Causeway ext. and been at Ochsner Hospital within 5-10 min. All it would take was a simple Google search. If he had an iPhone with Siri, it'd be even easier.

I agree I think he got rid of Mickey before his little visit to fix his wounds.

bessie, I agree, I do not think he drove Mickey to NOLA.. I think his visit there was his smoke screen.

He had about 21 hours from the time she was abducted to when he showed up at the ER for his "wounds"... so minus about 3 hours of driving there to the hospital an hour for driving up to WBB and near his home we are at 17 hours.

17 hours where this "seasoned" perp was doing whatever he could to dispose of anything that related him to the crime. Again, I don't think this guy will crap in his own sandbox but I also think that he would visit places known to him but most likely not around his own home. I wonder if he has ties to any other states or locations. I think a geographical profiler would help in finding Mickey at this point. I would also interview all that worked with him offshore... like what did he bring on board (large suitcases etc) that he never left with? Just a thought.

From 2009-2011, #24 jersey belong to Saints player Leigh Torrence.

Ok guys, I'm am just as adamant about Mickey's case as anyone else out there. I spent many days volunteer searching and many nights here on this forum. However, the more and more I learn about BSL from LEGIT sources, the more this arrest and persecution seems transparent. We must remember, in this country your are innocent until proven guilty. Sure whoever commited this crime deserves to be punished severely, more than likely the death penalty. This man insists of his innocence. He has the RIGHT to a FAIR TRIAL. Sorry y'all but there is little verified evidence in this case. We don't even know for a fact what his latest mugshot is. Now I personally know the District Commissioner and he informed me that the latest picture of him is the skinniest one. And there is no scar in that photo. What concrete evidence do we have against BSL that can get him convicted? Any DNA, indisputable video evidence, or reliable eyewitnesses? Not that we know of. I'm sorry for this post, but I feel like the LPD is capable of railroading him. This wouldn't be the first time this has happened, take a look at the current lawsuit against Jim Craft, they have lied to the public before. I also feel like this thread is getting out of hand considering the speculative scenarios that are being treated as fact. BSL is a human being who has done wrong and has paid his dues. Do some research for yourselves and you will see that he proclaimed his innocence in his first conviction, exhausted his appeals, and also completed a sex offender course which only a small percentage can accomplish. There is PROOF of this.

http://www.crowleytoday.com/view/fu...rgne-s-violent-nature?instance=home_news_lead

I understand this post may anger some, but I'm just trying to be fair and have an unbiased view that a juror will have. Emotions should be thrown out the window. We don't know for sure if he did this, I reiterate. Let's just hope that the authorities didn't wrongfully take him into custody on a bogus traffic violation because this alone can help him walk. Also if the LPD withholds evidence from the defense he could also have his conviction overturned. I'm just trying to abide by the amendments and I wish more people would do the same. These are the principles that our country was founded upon. If he did this I hope he recieves death, but until there is sure handed evidence that isn't circumstantial, nothing has been proven.

Many convictions have been handed down by jurors due to circumstantial evidence...

'If there was no snow on the ground when you fell asleep one night. Yet when you woke up the next morning the ground was covered with snow. Then you can conclude that it snowed during the night"...

Imo, Brandon Scott Lavergne's dominoes are only beginning to fall...

Doesn't mean anything...EVERYONE here wears Saints jerseys. Even newborns!

I was referring to the #24 he reported as being on the jersey... Not the fact that he said his attacker wore a Saints jersey...If he was smart he'd have said #9 or some # that was well known! IMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX