Penn State Sandusky Trial #12 (GUILTY-post verdict discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JJ: I'd like to read that. What's the name of your article she posted under?

Thanks!

Legacy Protection.

I annoy her quite a bit, which is ironic, since I've actually said she probably is one of those people that tried to do the right thing in 1998.

She also said: Would others, myself included had Ray not decided to handle the case personally, perhaps have decided to forge ahead with what was known at that time? While its impossible to say with 100% certainty without knowing what else transpired after Ray took over the case, that's quite
possible.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2012/07/08/3255159/legacy-protection.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

I said that "legacy protection" has two problems in the RFG case:

1. It hurts the chances of solving the case.

2. It almost never works.

I think you can see the second point coming true today.

Legacy Protection.

I annoy her quite a bit, which is ironic, since I've actually said she probably is one of those people that tried to do the right thing in 1998.

She also said: Would others, myself included had Ray not decided to handle the case personally, perhaps have decided to forge ahead with what was known at that time? While its impossible to say with 100% certainty without knowing what else transpired after Ray took over the case, that's quite
possible.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2012/07/08/3255159/legacy-protection.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

I said that "legacy protection" has two problems in the RFG case:

1. It hurts the chances of solving the case.

2. It almost never works.

I think you can see the second point coming true today.

Yes, one of your best articles! I still don't see her under the comments at your article. Can you give me a steer?

Yes, one of your best articles! I still don't see her under the comments at your article. Can you give me a steer?

You might have to try a different browser (Firefox). It's JKA.

She does not like me. :)

What a few of the sycophants don't understand is that trying to protect a reputation makes it look a lot worse.

Now, am I talking about Gricar or Paterno?

At least the Paterno family is beginning to understand that.

Aargh! Have downloaded the report (thinks for the link) and seached for two names- dranov and raykovitz-
Nothing.
It appears that Freeh confined his report tightly within Penn State .
I'm disappointed that nothing is said about the responsibilities of these men.
OTT, its a great report.

Aargh! Have downloaded the report (thinks for the link) and seached for two names- dranov and raykovitz-
Nothing.
It appears that Freeh confined his report tightly within Penn State .
I'm disappointed that nothing is said about the responsibilities of these men.
OTT, its a great report.

I'm very pleased that there was not a link between RFG and the Big Four in 1998.

Thanks, wfgodot - a great article, written by one who probably speaks for thousands. An alum, a season ticket holder, someone who has, if applicable, had his children in PS sweatshirts before they were a year old, hoping that they would go to this college just like he did. I'm a somewhat active alum of my alma mater down here in NC, and like this man, proud of it. My DH and I were always glad to see JP have a winning game even thought we live in North Carolina. We, like so many, many others, thought he ran a program to be proud of.

One eloquent sentence of his says it all about Paterno: "The winning made fans, but the method made disciples." Absolutely. Oh, there is no happy ending here for anyone, no one. The best we could say is that it should turn out that Sandusky will never work his evil on another trusting and Penn State loving little boy with new dreams of going to school there.

Will JoePa's statue indeed come tumbling down?

sunny hostens doesnt get it that some are STILL supporting penn state.

i can explain it sunny.

they are football fans.

fan = fanatical.

fan = my ego is irretrievably tied to football at my school of choice........ (penn state, for example)

these people see anything said that might be construed as negative about "their" program as a personal attack on them.

Well, I'm a huge football fan of my alma mater, but if it were my school instead of Penn State, I would be just as outraged.

Please don't tar all of us fans with the same brush. Some of do have common sense, intelligence, etc.

post freeh report response from PATERNO family...note that at the end they try to dilute Joes responsibility by saying :"everyone" shares in the responsibility...well i've heard the report summarzied and it doesnt point to"everyones" responsibility, but to the responsibility of four men---joe paterno is one of those men...the Paterno family remains in obscuration mode, no matter what.

snipped for length

They are delusional.

Note to Paterno family: no one is listening to you anymore. Saint Joe's behavior is indefensible. Stop trying to make it seem otherwise.

Can someone please go reinterview that lady Dottie Huck who so famously said that "We all make little mistakes in our lives" when referring to Sandusky's charges?

Old comments about that here

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/in...inst_former_penn_st/3032/comments-newest.html

Truly I would like to know how someone of such means and education and privledge no matter their age felt when all these horrific details came out. Like what would she say? "Well I still see it as a little mistake"?

Speaking personally, Huck said Sandusky has “done some wonderful things in his lifetime and we should try to help him ... We all make little mistakes in our lives.”

From your link Filly. Good God.

JJ: Thx for your help; finally pulled up JKA's comments at your legacy protection article. Yawn.

Do you know where JKA made her comments yesterday regarding the Freeh report? I saw them on another forum, but no link, so I can't bring them over here. You're the google-master; thought you might be able to. They are interesting.

I read a comment on the Huffington Post that said the victims weren't rape victims, but were underage prostitutes. They kept "coming back for more" and are now going to be millionaires. I hate rape culture. :banghead:

I read a comment on the Huffington Post that said the victims weren't rape victims, but were underage prostitutes. They kept "coming back for more" and are now going to be millionaires. I hate rape culture. :banghead:

Ugh can I throw up now?! So gross.

Eta: not the abuse victims but whoever wrote the comment. !!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sick. Sick. Sick. Sick. Sick. Sick. Sick. Sick. Sick. Sick. Sick. Sick. Sick. They're probably JoePa apologists. Must do anything and everything possible to defend him. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M.Lee