LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by heidisams
I understand your feelings on waiting to form an opinion, and the innocent until proven guilty standard our justice system uses as a standard... However, I'm not a juror, and won't be... I'm just a housewife from the Midwest who is not in le, not a tv pundit, not a politician, etc., therefore I don't have to use the word "allegedly", or be politically correct, or believe someone is innocent until someone tells me otherwise, and thank God for that because I think this guy is a punk who should've never been out free walking the streets in the 1st place, following what he did to his first victim. I personally, am sick of all the protection and consideration we give to the perps!!! IMO, he's guilty and I won't even put in writing what I think his consequences should be. I'm here for the victims, the future victims, and their families... I'm fed up, and have no desire to play nice or worry about what's fair to these non humans that could take the life or innocence of our precious children and not even bat an eyelash over it. The cry baby little momma's boys deserve nothing from me!!!
And this rant is by no means directed at you personally. Your post just popped up and hit a nerve when it comes to the way our justice system keeps letting these fools back out on the street, to time and time again get to our babies. We need to stop em!!!!!!

@HeidiSams, I wish I could like or thank your post a million times!! This is EXACTLY how I feel!!
Thank you for stating this for many of us here!! :great:

I very much agree with the both of you and others that have expressed this sentiment. I would like nothing more than see these criminals have to do life with no parole so they don't offend again. My question is who is going to pay for it? Taxes would have to go up. I won't get into the private prison thing and what it has done to the justice system, but ultimately I think these inmates that are in for having a little pot are gonna have to be released to make room for these violent offenders. JMO

/Seriously has anyone ever seen a violent pot smoker? I don't think they could be more laid back and they are the ones that are locked up when the criminals run loose killing and raping. What the hell is going on? Maybe contact your local senator and congressman and say enough is enough.

I think this is the "puzzle piece" missing for me? Where did the object used to stab him come from...Mickey? A weapon in the car, like those utility knives or box cutter? What about those "leather man type" knives...I carry one in my glovebox/console...or did he make it make to Elaine Lane & she got one from the kitchen?

Or BSL had a knife when he was attacking her in his truck (if it all happened by the coliseum & he didn't take her home) and Mickey somehow managed to get control of it & use it against him, if even for a short period. I read in the police report from the 1999 incident that the victim felt a knife being held against her.

The 15:00 - 15:30 is when the (alleged) incident they were taking the report on occurred. BSL stated he was attacked at 3PM.

As a nurse I think it is possible that when questioned as to the time of occurance he said 3:00 meaning 3am and the nurse wrote 300pm because that was closer to the time when he was there. Becuse of time constraints on nurses that would be easy to do.

If BSL traveled from Lafayette to Venice (or at least down HWY 23 towards Venice, which runs parrallel and very close to the Mississippi River), on his return to New Orleans would he have encountered any other hospitals before Oschners on Jefferson?

BSL may have been in Lafayette picking up tools or something and he needed to hotshot them to Wood Groups office in Belle Chase for the morning. He may have abducted Mickey, ditched the bike, left Mickey tied up somewhere, dropped off tools, and then went back for Mickey and this is when he sustained his injuries.

Does anyone know?

Here's a map to the route.

http://goo.gl/maps/WcIm

Okay, this is what I thought all along...
The only thing that happened on the 26th is the bike being found, as far as we know.

I am confused about to whom he reported it stolen-was it LE in TX? If so, then he was obviously acknowledging being in TX.

"The same day the bicycle was found, the white Chevrolet Z-71pickup now believed to have been used in the crime, was reported stolen in Montgomery County, Texas by the truck’s owner, a 33-year-old registered sex offender named Brandon Scott Lavergne, of Lawtell, Louisiana. At the time, Texas authorities had no reason to suspect anything sinister. On May 31, the truck was found burned in San Jacinto County."

Quote from this article posted just up thread...
http://montgomerycountypolicereporter.com/?p=47925

I would also like to say, I live in conroe, Tx off of hwy-45 about 30-45 min north from huntsville, an hour from the location he torched his truck and about 20 min from spring tx where his family is said to live. We have ALOT of under devolped land all around where he torched his truck, I think he knew that and thats why he went north form montgomery county. I want to help anyway I can from this end? What could I be doing? Any suggestions?

It would help me if you found out where the truck was torched at and posted a picture of the site. <modsnip>

As a nurse I think it is possible that when questioned as to the time of occurance he said 3:00 meaning 3am and the nurse wrote 300pm because that was closer to the time when he was there. Becuse of time constraints on nurses that would be easy to do.

:welcome:

I am not convinced that BSL has other victims out there somewhere. I think he may have held his evil urges in check for the past 2 years. But when he saw Mickey riding by, he was already trolling for a woman to try and pick up, and he went for it, spontaneously, clumsily.

I need to find which issue it was, but I. The Houston Chronicle, an interview was done with a lady named Jane E. from Special K9s...she verified that there was blood at WB that went into the water to across the bayou and down the bayou, east. Does that make sense to anyone?

IIRC IF I recall correctly, that was said but (in my own words) that with fishing in the immediate area, the fishermen get nicked on hooks, skinning knives, etc. to possibly justify the blood.
MOO - my own opinion

Prayers for Ms Cynthia and family.

Prayers for Mickey :angel: and her family. May Mickey come home soon.

Great thought, outside the box.

A 3 a.m. attack on May 19th, would be both a bit of truth, and a possible alibi.

Just a thought and im tired from working all day but if he worked off shore for a living maybe he knows exactly where to put a body so it will never be found in the ocean?! I really truly believe he harmed her. Wrong place at the wrong time. I work so much I'm trying my best to catch up on it all! I just really feel sorry for her family. I hope and pray i never have to experience this :(

If Mickey did indeed smoke marijuana, it is very likely that she had either a small knife or other tool on her in order to break up weed and/or cut open a cigar to make a blunt.

This is a long shot, but I've been curious about any possible connection between Brandon Scott Lavergne and the unsolved murder of Jessica Hawk in New Orleans. Here's a bit of background for anyone not familiar with the case:

http://www.bestofneworleans.com/gambit/the-murder-of-jessica-hawk/Content?oid=1350151

As per his listing on the Louisiana sex offender registry, Lavergne was released from prison on Saturday, August 9th, 2008. Hawk's body was discovered in her home early on Monday, August 11th. Police have stated that they believe Hawk was murdered either Friday night or some time on Saturday.

Given the time frame, it's hard to imagine that Lavergne went straight from prison to go murder someone within hours. Still, I'm willing to entertain the thought.

Hawk was stabbed to death, and while Mickey Shunick's cause of death is obviously unknown for now, we do know that Lavergne received significant knife wounds. A suspicious person was seen looking into Hawk's windows before her murder, and we know that Lavergne gained access to his victim's home through a window in his 2000 sexual assault conviction.

According to this blog post, the suspicious person was seen outside Hawk's home on Friday, August 8th, 2008. If Lavergne was in prison until Saturday, August 9th, he couldn't have been the person peeking into her windows. However, the witness to the peeping tom episode is famous around town for being a bit kooky, and it's possible he got the dates mixed up. Or, it's also possible that the release date listed on the sex offender registry is off by a day or two. Like I said, it's a stretch, but I'm willing to imagine.

For reference, here's a sketch of the man seen looking into Hawk's window:

http://rexdingler.blogspot.com/2008/08/wanted-for-questioning-in-death-of.html

The drawing and the image that appears in Lavergne's earlier mugshot aren't entirely dissimilar. This is the particular photo I'm referring to:

http://www.katc.com/news/brandon-scott-lavergne-was-being-monitored/

Any opinions?

The nurse may have documented the incident as 3PM on hospital records but LE would not have had access to these records. LE would have had to ask questions themselves and they documented 1500-1530 as the time of the crime.

This is a long shot, but I've been curious about any possible connection between Brandon Scott Lavergne and the unsolved murder of Jessica Hawk in New Orleans. Here's a bit of background for anyone not familiar with the case:

http://www.bestofneworleans.com/gambit/the-murder-of-jessica-hawk/Content?oid=1350151

As per his listing on the Louisiana sex offender registry, Lavergne was released from prison on Saturday, August 9th, 2008. Hawk's body was discovered in her home early on Monday, August 11th. Police have stated that they believe Hawk was murdered either Friday night or some time on Saturday.

Given the time frame, it's hard to imagine that Lavergne went straight from prison to go murder someone within hours. Still, I'm willing to entertain the thought.

Hawk was stabbed to death, and while Mickey Shunick's cause of death is obviously unknown for now, we do know that Lavergne received significant knife wounds. A suspicious person was seen looking into Hawk's windows before her murder, and we know that Lavergne gained access to his victim's home through a window in his 2000 sexual assault conviction.

According to this blog post, the suspicious person was seen outside Hawk's home on Friday, August 8th, 2008. If Lavergne was in prison until Saturday, August 9th, he couldn't have been the person peeking into her windows. However, the witness to the peeping tom episode is famous around town for being a bit kooky, and it's possible he got the dates mixed up. Or, it's also possible that the release date listed on the sex offender registry is off by a day or two. Like I said, it's a stretch, but I'm willing to imagine.

For reference, here's a sketch of the man seen looking into Hawk's window:

http://rexdingler.blogspot.com/2008/08/wanted-for-questioning-in-death-of.html

The drawing and the image that appears in Lavergne's earlier mugshot aren't entirely dissimilar. This is the particular photo I'm referring to:

http://www.katc.com/news/brandon-scott-lavergne-was-being-monitored/

Any opinions?

I think you are right to entertain the thought.
How far is the prison from her home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member